Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Week 4 Game Thread

Two games for the final week of September. SFU plays their final home game of the season (weird, eh?) when Western Oregon comes up. Normally, I'd say WOU would have this in the bag, but given how well SFU played against CWU last week, I'm not so sure now. WOU has done well defensively, but their offense hasn't clicked. I'm still thinking WOU wins, but it might be closer than expected. CWU has their first home game of the season when Angelo State of the LSC comes to town. ASU has already played two ranked opponents this season, handily beating Lindenwood and getting beat by Midwestern State (who CWU plays next week). I'm really not sure who wins this game. I'm thinking ASU probably has the edge, given that CWU did not look good against SFU, but maybe the offense returns to form because it won't be pouring down rain? Maybe our kindly columnist has a better read on the game.

WOU at SFU video: The SFU schedule doesn't have a link, but since it uses YouTube for streaming check here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SFUSports/videos
    ASU at CWU video: CWU home games are now on SWX in the Yakima and Tri-City area. SWX also has a live stream here: https://www.nbcrightnow.com/sports/swx_live/
    Last edited by IronOre; 09-22-2021, 10:57 AM.

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    Two games for the final week of September. SFU plays their final home game of the season (weird, eh?) when Western Oregon comes up. Normally, I'd say WOU would have this in the bag, but given how well SFU played against CWU last week, I'm not so sure now. WOU has done well defensively, but their offense hasn't clicked. I'm still thinking WOU wins, but it might be closer than expected. CWU has their first home game of the season when Angelo State of the LSC comes to town. ASU has already played two ranked opponents this season, handily beating Linfield and getting beat by Midwestern State (who CWU plays next week). I'm really not sure who wins this game. I'm thinking ASU probably has the edge, given that CWU did not look good against SFU, but maybe the offense returns to form because it won't be pouring down rain? Maybe our kindly columnist has a better read on the game.

WOU at SFU video: The SFU schedule doesn't have a link, but since it uses YouTube for streaming check here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SFUSports/videos
    ASU at CWU video: CWU home games are now on SWX in the Yakima and Tri-City area. SWX also has a live stream here: https://www.nbcrightnow.com/sports/swx_live/
    I can't wait to see how much better the broadcast is than the streams that CWU used for years. They even have HS games at professional quality and we've seen how ESPN production makes Tomlinson Stadium look. It will be interesting to see which feed looks better this week in the GNAC even beyond the football games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I can't wait to see how much better the broadcast is than the streams that CWU used for years. They even have HS games at professional quality and we've seen how ESPN production makes Tomlinson Stadium look. It will be interesting to see which feed looks better this week in the GNAC even beyond the football games.
      Well, I mean, SWX broadcasts are professional... They're getting paid to do the broadcast...

Comment

Couple questions on SFU's schedule: Where's UBC? Don't they usually play them? Will other Canadian universities play them? An 8-game slate seems pretty thin.

* Thanks Iron Ore for doing this, one quick correction: Angelo State played Lindenwood, not Linfield. Just being picky.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Couple questions on SFU's schedule: Where's UBC? Don't they usually play them? Will other Canadian universities play them? An 8-game slate seems pretty thin.

* Thanks Iron Ore for doing this, one quick correction: Angelo State played Lindenwood, not Linfield. Just being picky.
          I didn't even realize I wrote Linfield. SFU hasn't played UBC in years. I think they played once since SFU switched to the NCAA.

Comment

I didn't even realize I wrote Linfield. SFU hasn't played UBC in years. I think they played once since SFU switched to the NCAA.
            My guess is it has to do with the difference in rules. Longer field, 3 downs instead of 4, and no yards penalties (5 yard halo for a punt returner to get the ball) are the largest differences I can think of in the Canadian rules.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

I have never known SFU to play UBC. Canadian football has different rules and even a different field. Hopefully SFU can find another opponent to replace UTPB

Comment

Long standing rivalry in B.C. called the Shrum Bowl, played 11 times this century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrum_Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

I have never known SFU to play UBC. Canadian football has different rules and even a different field. Hopefully SFU can find another opponent to replace UTPB
                  They did a couple times after SFU switched. It led to one of the great moments in GNAC history when a drunk guy wandered into the booth of the guys calling the game.

Comment

Playoffs? Playoffs!

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...2107818e7.html

Comment

wow, an actually long article. Good to see CWU getting this kind of publicity in Yakima. I agree with you though, way too early to be talking playoffs when CWU has only played ENMU and SFU in D2 so far. I'd love to see WOU though get this kind of write up in the Salem paper.

Comment

Comment

I agree. CWU in the past has gotten the #1 seed in the SR without having an auto-bid, but also a 5-seed when they were undefeated in D2 and their only loss was to FCS Montana by 2 points.

Comment

Whaaaatttt? Multiple camera angles? So fancy.

Comment

WOU-SFU game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JW_N4ybuCI

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X