Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the CWU game last night. The box score says attendance of 3709 and that is certainly very inaccurate. At least another 2000 there with lots of people standing along the field fence line and tons of students there. Great to see the student section on one end and the band on the other. What a great atmosphere.

One of the best defensive and special teams efforts you will ever see. Donte did everything last night and showed why he will be the player of the year and hopefully and All-American. Fumble recovery, swatted down the pass, 2 sacks. The defense had their work cut out for them with the offense sucking, and they made stops time and time again. Sadly their only mistake of the night was the personal foul on third down of the last drive. They were one more play away from winning the game and instead it led to ASU's game winner. But it should not have come down to just 1 play. We did get bailed out a couple times with ASU's two missed field goals. And wow the special teams coverage was also great, with 3 blocked/deflected punts.

But that passing game has got to be the worst we have ever had in a very long time. If JJ Lemming is going to be a traditional pocket passer with no rushing abilities whatsoever, then he actually needs to complete his passes. He had no downfield vision, no accuracy, and as long as ASU kept defending the passes they knew he was no threat to rush and they could keep containing Boddie. I think the 2019 Canon Racanelli even could've played better. But 9/33 is never going to win a football game. I hate to blame just one player for the loss, but you sorta have to blame Lemming. If CWU had any halfway decent QB, they would've won that game easily. Because ASU was giving us so many chances to add to our score. Unfortunately I did not see Matlock on the sidelines, so I wonder why he was absent. Surely they would've gone to him pretty early if he was there because of his mobility to scramble on broken plays. Going forward I think he needs to make the start next week, as it will be good for Lemming to hit the bench until he gets his act together.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      I was at the CWU game last night. The box score says attendance of 3709 and that is certainly very inaccurate. At least another 2000 there with lots of people standing along the field fence line and tons of students there. Great to see the student section on one end and the band on the other. What a great atmosphere.

One of the best defensive and special teams efforts you will ever see. Donte did everything last night and showed why he will be the player of the year and hopefully and All-American. Fumble recovery, swatted down the pass, 2 sacks. The defense had their work cut out for them with the offense sucking, and they made stops time and time again. Sadly their only mistake of the night was the personal foul on third down of the last drive. They were one more play away from winning the game and instead it led to ASU's game winner. But it should not have come down to just 1 play. We did get bailed out a couple times with ASU's two missed field goals. And wow the special teams coverage was also great, with 3 blocked/deflected punts.

But that passing game has got to be the worst we have ever had in a very long time. If JJ Lemming is going to be a traditional pocket passer with no rushing abilities whatsoever, then he actually needs to complete his passes. He had no downfield vision, no accuracy, and as long as ASU kept defending the passes they knew he was no threat to rush and they could keep containing Boddie. I think the 2019 Canon Racanelli even could've played better. But 9/33 is never going to win a football game. I hate to blame just one player for the loss, but you sorta have to blame Lemming. If CWU had any halfway decent QB, they would've won that game easily. Because ASU was giving us so many chances to add to our score. Unfortunately I did not see Matlock on the sidelines, so I wonder why he was absent. Surely they would've gone to him pretty early if he was there because of his mobility to scramble on broken plays. Going forward I think he needs to make the start next week, as it will be good for Lemming to hit the bench until he gets his act together.
      I really wonder why Glasper or Matlock didn't get a series or two. They weren't shy about doing that in earlier games.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I really wonder why Glasper or Matlock didn't get a series or two. They weren't shy about doing that in earlier games.

Comment

It was all of the above. Missed open receivers, tried to force passes, had pressure in his face, etc. Just was having a horrible game.

Comment

Lemming forced lots of bad throws, or was just wild and missed lots of throws. He actually should've been picked off much more than just twice. He was plain awful. Matlock I did not even see on the sidelines, so I am not sure why he was absent. If he was there he would've entered the game pretty quickly. As for Glasper, I think one article said he got a bit banged up in the last game, so maybe Fisk was hesitant about using him. I can't help but wonder why not just have Hillel get more reps in practice at QB. It is his final season!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

It was all of the above. Missed open receivers, tried to force passes, had pressure in his face, etc. Just was having a horrible game.
              He has the arm strength, maybe with practice he can get some accuracy and learn to go to his secondary receiver or the checkdown. That is what Reiley did and why he was so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

He has the arm strength, maybe with practice he can get some accuracy and learn to go to his secondary receiver or the checkdown. That is what Reiley did and why he was so good.
                Ricadulli had all sorts of arm strength, too. And you know how that went.

Comment

It feels like a similar season to 2009.

Robertson was young and had the tools but lacked game experience. Morgan had experience and was a good game manager.

Lemming is going to be a very good QB. I just think we may have a national caliber defense and a game manager QB might be better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X