Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98wolf View Post

I like and appreciate your optimism. 2019 aside, Ellensburg is our Achilles Heel. I wish I could say I think it will be closer, but I have serious doubts that it will.
    I think if WOU cuts down the penalties it can easily be closer. That seems to another one of WOU's Achilles heel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I think if WOU cuts down the penalties it can easily be closer. That seems to another one of WOU's Achilles heel.
      No question about the penalties. Been a problem for years.

Comment

Looks like West Texas may be beating Angelo State at 24-9 in the 3rd. Not sure if this is good or bad for CWU as it would lower the SOS, but also give one less loss now than Angelo State.

Comment

Looks like West Texas may be beating Angelo State at 24-9 in the 3rd. Not sure if this is good or bad for CWU as it would lower the SOS, but also give one less loss now than Angelo State.

Comment

Comment

It really makes a nice triangle with CWU, Midwestern State, and Angelo State. The good thing for CWU is their loss to EWU means nothing for their record for the playoffs, but IronOre is right that they need to win out. One thing that may hurt CWU is that they only have 3 D2 games left with playing Lincoln University, but that may also be to entice Lincoln to go D2 like when the GNAC schools were scheduling APU.

Comment

Inkblot thinks CWU is up to the 3rd spot.

SR4Ranking UTPB continues to be awkward. It was nice for them that two of the teams they've played won this week, one of those wins giving them a favorable common-opponent comparison with Angelo State. The head-to-head is the reason for Central Washington over Midwestern State, and also for Minnesota State over Bemidji State at 10th.

Comment

Here are the players of the week for the GNAC:

Central Washington scored two of three football weekly awards after its 45-14 GNAC win over Western Oregon. Freshman running back Tyler Flanagan was named the Offensive Player of the Week after he carried the ball 12 times for 93 yards and a pair of third-quarter touchdowns, scoring on an eight-yard run and a game-long 35-yard run. Senior defensive lineman Zach Stecklein earned Defensive Player of the Week after he led CWU with six solo tackles, four tackles for loss for 22 yards and three sacks.

Western Oregon senior defensive back Curtis Anderson was named the Special Teams Player of the Week for his five kick returns for a total of 96 yards. He averaged 19.2 yards per return.
                  I predict a clean sweep of the awards for SFU next week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X