Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Week 7 Game Thread

Only one game this week. SFU travels to Havre, MT of all places to play NAIA MSU-Northern, home of the Northern Lights and Skylights (yes, really)! The Northern Lights are 0-6 on the season and have been competitive in one-ish games. So, if SFU has a chance to win a game this year, this is it. Please win, SFU.

There may or may not be a live stream here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx2...CZZlZYs4Q67EqA (there's a "live stream" showing a wrestling match, so I dunno).

WOU and CWU both have tough games to BYE which we can only assume will make the playoffs again as the 8-seed. On a serious note, hopefully the week off will be enough for the WOU player that went down on the final play. Did we ever get word on what his injury was as WOU's announcers didn't even comment he was down while the teams shook hands.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Only one game this week. SFU travels to Havre, MT of all places to play NAIA MSU-Northern, home of the Northern Lights and Skylights (yes, really)! The Northern Lights are 0-6 on the season and have been competitive in one-ish games. So, if SFU has a chance to win a game this year, this is it. Please win, SFU.

There may or may not be a live stream here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx2...CZZlZYs4Q67EqA (there's a "live stream" showing a wrestling match, so I dunno).

Comment

I don't get why they need both "Northern Lights" and "Skylights." Are the Northern Lights masculine or something? And how do skylights relate?

Comment

I don't get why they need both "Northern Lights" and "Skylights." Are the Northern Lights masculine or something? And how do skylights relate?
          That's a dangerous question, since I have the week off from teaching and questions like this one may very well lead me into rabbit holes that prevent me from catching up on my backlog of work...Seriously, though, I don't think the term "Northern Lights" as being male, but maybe the university does.

Come to think about it, If SFU kept their nickname and scheduled Edinboro at some point, it would have been Scots versus Scots. There we go, down that rabbit hole...

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
            WOU and CWU both have tough games to BYE which we can only assume will make the playoffs again as the 8-seed. On a serious note, hopefully the week off will be enough for the WOU player that went down on the final play. Did we ever get word on what his injury was as WOU's announcers didn't even comment he was down while the teams shook hands.
            I am not aware of what the result was on the WOU player but he was down the whole handshake line. On a positive to the bye week, hopefully we should be getting some of our first teamers back from injury to make a little playoff run push. Always nice to have those guys back in the trenches.

Comment

CWU's AD told me he was looking for an opponent for this week, but I guess he couldn't make it work

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

That's a dangerous question, since I have the week off from teaching and questions like this one may very well lead me into rabbit holes that prevent me from catching up on my backlog of work...Seriously, though, I don't think the term "Northern Lights" as being male, but maybe the university does.

Come to think about it, If SFU kept their nickname and scheduled Edinboro at some point, it would have been Scots versus Scots. There we go, down that rabbit hole...
                SFU was the "Clan." It was supposed to be a reference to the Scottish clans, but, as you can tell, it can be problematic. They did have a bagpiper at some of the games I went to up there. I don't think they do anymore.

Comment

SFU was the "Clan." It was supposed to be a reference to the Scottish clans, but, as you can tell, it can be problematic. They did have a bagpiper at some of the games I went to up there. I don't think they do anymore.
                  Isn't it ironic that the one of the most famous movies about Scottish clans famous line is "For Freedom"?

Comment

Isn't it ironic that the one of the most famous movies about Scottish clans famous line is "For Freedom"?
                    How is this ironic?

Comment

How is this ironic?
                      The line "For Freedom!" I'm sure you've seen Braveheart where the Scottish were treated as little better than slaves by England. The Scottish were treated and seen as savages and Rome built Hadrian's Wall to separate England and Scottland.

Comment

The line "For Freedom!" I'm sure you've seen Braveheart where the Scottish were treated as little better than slaves by England. The Scottish were treated and seen as savages and Rome built Hadrian's Wall to separate England and Scottland.
                        Didn't he just yell freedom? I don't recall it being "for freedom" and I'm not sure what the irony is or what the point is that they were treated as little better than slaves? What are you getting at?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Didn't he just yell freedom? I don't recall it being "for freedom" and I'm not sure what the irony is or what the point is that they were treated as little better than slaves? What are you getting at?
                          That the Scottish Clan was yelling for its freedom from oppression from England. Now they get labeled as being anti-freedom due to the actions of others in another country as a vile group took their name.

Comment

This week's article is now up:

https://www.d2football.com/ncaa-independents-week-6-recap-and-week-7-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                              Consider our butts held on to.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X