Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State Travels to Ellensburg

OK, CWU home opener against Ferris State. What are your early takes?

I am also interested in how CWU will perform against Idaho. I think the Vandals are one of the weaker FCS teams, certainly one of the weakest in the BSC. They will also be coming off of a beatdown in Happy Valley the week before the CWU game.

I hope the D is improved and there is a move back to the "good old days" when we had a swarming defense. I think the O will be solid.

Re: Ferris State Travels to Ellensburg

I think Ferris State has the edge but CWU will have their home crowd. CWU still doesn't have the elite defenders that they used to have so we will see how they hold up against one of the top teams in the nation.

Comment

I agree with the assessment. I am hoping we can fill the stadium for that game. It is hard to fill it when students are not in session though. It would be great to have the band playing as well but I understand with no students on campus that is difficult to do. Having the band really enhances the atmosphere and keeps the good energy going.

I believe our offense will be solid and I would expect we may run the ball a little more, especially early on because our QB will be young and new. Running back group will be solid as usual. I believe with the experience last year and some additions, the defense will improve. It all starts up front so hopefully the boys in the trenches get it done. O-line will be solid. It would be good to see a little more pressure from our D line.

Comment

Isn't CWU's version of Clipboard Jesus in Moore going to be the starter at QB? Or has he fallen behind in practice? He was a pretty good runner, but didn't do much throwing that I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          I think Ferris State has the edge but CWU will have their home crowd. CWU still doesn't have the elite defenders that they used to have so we will see how they hold up against one of the top teams in the nation.
          Ferris lost their QB that was so good to graduation, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            They still have Jayru Campbell this year.

Comment

Uh, not the HH winner. Though with Ferris, that position and frankly a lot, are a mystery. Good luck with the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                Uh, not the HH winner. Though with Ferris, that position and frankly a lot, are a mystery. Good luck with the contest.
                Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                They still have Jayru Campbell this year.
                I see I don't recall correctly. Things might get ugly then! If CWU can hang with Idaho, they should probably be able to hang with Ferris.
                Last edited by IronOre; 08-07-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I would suspect it will be Moore (Sophomore) or Racanelli (Redshirt Freshman). Either way they will young at QB unless a D1 transfer comes down I am not aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
                    I agree with the assessment. I am hoping we can fill the stadium for that game. It is hard to fill it when students are not in session though. It would be great to have the band playing as well but I understand with no students on campus that is difficult to do. Having the band really enhances the atmosphere and keeps the good energy going.
                    Darn I forgot the students won't be there yet. And may be too soon for the band, too. But at least the team moms and cowbells will make plenty of noise!

Comment

Isn't CWU's version of Clipboard Jesus in Moore going to be the starter at QB? Or has he fallen behind in practice? He was a pretty good runner, but didn't do much throwing that I saw.
                      Like with UW, CWU's QB battle is not decided yet. But surely he is the frontrunner based on his experience with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
                        I would suspect it will be Moore (Sophomore) or Racanelli (Redshirt Freshman). Either way they will young at QB unless a D1 transfer comes down I am not aware of.
                        Looks like they are going with the QBs in the program. A bit surprised a transfer didn't come in. Is Jojo still with the program or did he graduate? If so is he a WR still? He could've become a solid QB if Hennessey didn't come in. I would assume Moore is the frontrunner. Racanelli knows how to win and seems to be a smart kid. A bit undersized and I heard he had some development ahead of him to compete at the college level at CWU.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                          Darn I forgot the students won't be there yet. And may be too soon for the band, too. But at least the team moms and cowbells will make plenty of noise!
                          Wow, they start late over there? After the 14th? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            Wow, they start late over there? After the 14th? Yikes.
                            It is the Quarter system

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              It is the Quarter system
                              Gotcha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X