X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

https://www.d2football.com/regional-...gs-10/25/2021/

CWU #3 in SR4

Hot dang, that bodes well. If they don't completely choke, they're in! And with a home game (most likely)!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      Hot dang, that bodes well. If they don't completely choke, they're in! And with a home game (most likely)!
      I remember the year we only lost to Montana on a last second field goal and had a road game!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I remember the year we only lost to Montana on a last second field goal and had a road game!
        Lost to WTAMU 49-42 if I remember correctly. We had 1st and 10 at midfield or so with 30 seconds to go and threw four bombs to the end zone or close to it. Four incompletions. WT goes on to lose to Abilene Christian 92-68 or something like that the next week.

Ironically, that was the only game where Michael Reilly threw for more than 400 yards. Such an incredible QB for CWU and only once threw for 400+. I'll have to check my facts, but I think I'm correct.
        Last edited by Goods; 10-25-2021, 05:50 PM. Reason: Edited because I had more stats to add to the response and I did that so y'all will think I'm smart when really I have a weird ability to remember useless knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Lost to WTAMU 49-42 if I remember correctly. We had 1st and 10 at midfield or so with 30 seconds to go and threw four bombs to the end zone or close to it. Four incompletions. WT goes on to lose to Abilene Christian 92-68 or something like that the next week.

Ironically, that was the only game where Michael Reilly threw for more than 400 yards. Such an incredible QB for CWU and only once threw for 400+. I'll have to check my facts, but I think I'm correct.
          As I recall, they were down to the 20 of WT or something like that. ACU would have rolled them the next week regardless. I watched that game, it was insane.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

As I recall, they were down to the 20 of WT or something like that. ACU would have rolled them the next week regardless. I watched that game, it was insane.
            Both QBs had NFL time and I think each team had other NFL players.

The Montara game was amazing. Reilly was nearly perfect and the D had an opportunistic game. My UM friends still won't talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Both QBs had NFL time and I think each team had other NFL players.

The Montara game was amazing. Reilly was nearly perfect and the D had an opportunistic game. My UM friends still won't talk about it.
              I seem to remember every single time CWU put a receiver in motion there was an illegal motion penalty against Montana. I couldn't believe that as the rules are the same in D2 and D1. Also wasn't the screen game was very effective?

As for the QB's if I remember right they were both on the Rams at the same time.
              Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 10-25-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

That Montana game was over a decade ago now. CWU needs to make some new memories. They'll get a chance at a playoff win if they win out.

Comment

CWU holds on to their #3 position for another week. I fear the SOS demon is going to bite the next two weeks, though.

1. Colorado Mines 7-1: @ CSU-Pueblo (6-3), vs. Adams State (0-9)
                  2. Augustana 8-1 : @ Minnesota Duluth (7-2), vs. Minnesota State (2-7)
                  3. Central Washington 5-1: @ Western New Mexico (1-7), vs. Simon Frazier (0-4)
                  4. Midwestern State 6-1: @ West Texas A&M (4-4), vs UTPB (4-2)
                  5. Angelo State 7-2: vs. Texas A&M-Commerce (6-3), @ Texas A&M-Kingsville (3-4)
                  6. Western Colorado 8-1: vs. Lincoln (CA), vs. CSU-Pueblo (6-3)
                  7. Bemidji State 7-2 : @ Northern State (7-2), vs. Mary (3-6)
                  8. Minnesota Duluth 7-2: vs. Augustana (8-1), vs. Northern State (7-2)
                  9. Colorado Mesa 6-2: vs. Black Hills State (3-5), @ South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (3-4)
                  10. Northern State 7-2: vs. Bemidji State (7-2), @ Minnesota Duluth (7-2)

Remaining 2 loss teams:
                  UTPB 4-2: vs. Texas A&M-Kingsville (3-4), @ Midwestern State (6-1)

Remaining 3 loss teams:
                  Wayne State (Neb.) 6-3: vs. Sioux Falls (6-3), @ MSU-Moorhead (4-5)
                  Sioux Falls 6-3: @ Wayne State (6-3), vs. Upper Iowa (1-8)
                  CSU-Pueblo 6-3: vs. Colorado Mines (7-1), @ Western Colorado (8-1)
                  Texas A&M-Commerce 6-3: @ Angelo State (7-2), vs. Eastern New Mexico (2-6)

Comment

I think the only thing that will help our flimsy SOS is the fact that there could be some well-placed losses for others. Mines vs. Pueblo this week is interesting. Auggie vs. Duluth as well (and then Duluth vs. Northern the next week). Angelo vs. Commerce. Bemidji takes on Northern. I'm just wondering if we stay the same if there are upsets or losses that benefit us.

And walk with me here..................What if CWU wins out (that's not a stretch, the question is do we win by 30 or more? And I can say that because I'm not a coach so I can assume), and then both Mines and Auggie lose? Then their SOS will take a hit when they play Adams/Mankato to end the regular season. I guess I could see both Midwestern and Angelo leapfrogging us, if they win out (even though MW'ern lost to us), Maybe even Western Colo jumps all the way up if they beat Pueblo after Pueblo hypothetically beats Mines. Would CWU get the first round bye?

Big stretch, many things have to fall into place, but I'm distracted at work so I this was playing around in my mind. And I'm sure Saturday's games will render this a moot point.

Comment

I think the only thing that will help our flimsy SOS is the fact that there could be some well-placed losses for others. Mines vs. Pueblo this week is interesting. Auggie vs. Duluth as well (and then Duluth vs. Northern the next week). Angelo vs. Commerce. Bemidji takes on Northern. I'm just wondering if we stay the same if there are upsets or losses that benefit us.

And walk with me here..................What if CWU wins out (that's not a stretch, the question is do we win by 30 or more? And I can say that because I'm not a coach so I can assume), and then both Mines and Auggie lose? Then their SOS will take a hit when they play Adams/Mankato to end the regular season. I guess I could see both Midwestern and Angelo leapfrogging us, if they win out (even though MW'ern lost to us), Maybe even Western Colo jumps all the way up if they beat Pueblo after Pueblo hypothetically beats Mines. Would CWU get the first round bye?

Big stretch, many things have to fall into place, but I'm distracted at work so I this was playing around in my mind. And I'm sure Saturday's games will render this a moot point.
                      I believe what you are describing is called a "sh!t show rodeo".

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I believe what you are describing is called a "sh!t show rodeo".
                        C'mon, live a little here. Embrace the fictional chaos.

Comment

C'mon, live a little here. Embrace the fictional chaos.
                          I will be in Eburg to embrace it on the 13th.

Comment

Nah, the problem is that their SOS doesn't take a hit, just the win/loss record. Their SOS goes up either way cuz they played good teams. CWU is going to make the playoffs unless they completely choke. But I think they need help for that home game. They're not going to get a bye unless there's some chaos.

Comment

We all need to root for WOU this weekend. A win by them helps CWU and hurts RMAC. Also on Midwestern leapfrogging, they'd have to be up to 2 and CWU at 4 as head to head keeps CWU at 3 (if not already that way). Fortunately head to head matters in DII unlike FBS for CWU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X