Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Week 11 Game Thread

We're already at the end of the season for the depleted conference. The question remains, does CWU make it into the playoffs? Their job right now though, is to beat SFU one more time in the last home game of the season (probably) in Ellensburg, this time a day game! I think CWU wins handily. WOU has their last home game as well, playing the ill-fated and ill-coached Lincoln of Oakland, CA. I doubt WOU puts up 92 points on them, but it still should be a pushover.

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    We're already at the end of the season for the depleted conference. The question remains, does CWU make it into the playoffs? Their job right now though, is to beat SFU one more time in the last home game of the season (probably) in Ellensburg, this time a day game! I think CWU wins handily. WOU has their last home game as well, playing the ill-fated and ill-coached Lincoln of Oakland, CA. I doubt WOU puts up 92 points on them, but it still should be a pushover.
    Hopefully Lincoln isn't playing ironman football again with 34 players.

Comment

I'm still pissed at WOU for doing nothing for us in losing to Chadron last week. I'm also pissed at M'Western losing to WT. Just win baby. But looks like we're traveling for the first round unless more upsets happen. I'm a huge Pueblo fan this week. C'mon Michael Racecar Roots!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
        I'm still pissed at WOU for doing nothing for us in losing to Chadron last week. I'm also pissed at M'Western losing to WT. Just win baby. But looks like we're traveling for the first round unless more upsets happen. I'm a huge Pueblo fan this week. C'mon Michael Racecar Roots!
        Kinda ironic that the chances for a CWU home playoff game come down to the performance of a former CWU player that transferred because he wanted to get in the playoffs and now is on a team that isn't going to make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Hopefully Lincoln isn't playing ironman football again with 34 players.

Comment

They remind me of Texas State in Necessary Roughness. Too bad for them SFU has the "Kathy Ireland" kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

They remind me of Texas State in Necessary Roughness. Too bad for them SFU has the "Kathy Ireland" kicker.
              Great movie. Bar fight scene is a classic.

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know this week's article will be opened overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  Just wanted to let you all know this week's article will be opened overnight.
                  https://www.d2football.com/independe...ek-11-preview/

And a doozy it is!

For CWU, beating SFU this will clinch a playoff berth in the NCAA Division 2 Playoffs and guarantee that this column will have a game preview next week.
                  I sure hope you're right!

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/independe...ek-11-preview/

And a doozy it is!

I sure hope you're right!
                    Well, I wasn't trying for 5000 words this week, it just ended up that way. I may have been a Russian novelist in a past life.

I trust Inkblot - he's saying CWU's in with a win. I have no crystal ball...I don't even have my Magic 8 Ball. Seeing CWU all season, they can hang with the playoff teams in the region, and I think they can beat Angelo if they play again. I do have two article outlines ready for next week, though-one for CWU getting in and one for CWU not getting in.

Comment

Well, I wasn't trying for 5000 words this week, it just ended up that way. I may have been a Russian novelist in a past life.

I trust Inkblot - he's saying CWU's in with a win. I have no crystal ball...I don't even have my Magic 8 Ball. Seeing CWU all season, they can hang with the playoff teams in the region, and I think they can beat Angelo if they play again. I do have two article outlines ready for next week, though-one for CWU getting in and one for CWU not getting in.
                      I'm afraid of them getting in, then getting sent to play an RMAC team in a stadium at 6k feet and not being able to hang with a good team at that elevation. We've seen it happen to good HSU and APU teams. Losing that home game hurts.

Comment

I'm afraid of them getting in, then getting sent to play an RMAC team in a stadium at 6k feet and not being able to hang with a good team at that elevation. We've seen it happen to good HSU and APU teams. Losing that home game hurts.
                        CWU did play at altitude both times they were in NM, but those teams were nowhere near playoff teams.

Comment

Links to watch this weekend's games:

CWU vs SFU - https://www.nbcrightnow.com/sports/l...dd7cb6fdb.html

WOU vs Lincoln - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Zl5z6AnIk

Comment

Links to watch this weekend's games:

CWU vs SFU - https://www.nbcrightnow.com/sports/l...dd7cb6fdb.html

WOU vs Lincoln - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Zl5z6AnIk
                            Oh man... I forgot to post them... Thanks cwfenn.

Comment

Oh man... I forgot to post them... Thanks cwfenn.
                              I was a little confused seeing this post as it showed in the future. I guess the message board must still be on daylight savings time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X