Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Moon View Post

FYI a Maryville 54 feels more like 44 because of the steady wind that we get.
      Well, CWU will have practiced in the wind this week. They probably got 40 mph winds today in Ellensburg if not more as most of the state had high winds. Where I am they got up to 50+ mph with the gusts.

I doubt you know this, but the Safeway in Ellensburg has a logging chain as the "Official Ellensburg Wind Gauge". When they had it out at the street instead of under covers I actually saw the chain once at a 30-45 degree angle and in the light wind category.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Well, CWU will have practiced in the wind this week. They probably got 40 mph winds today in Ellensburg if not more as most of the state had high winds. Where I am they got up to 50+ mph with the gusts.

I doubt you know this, but the Safeway in Ellensburg has a logging chain as the "Official Ellensburg Wind Gauge". When they had it out at the street instead of under covers I actually saw the chain once at a 30-45 degree angle and in the light wind category.
        I work two blocks from "the chain" and can confirm it was shaking a bit yesterday, but that might've been me bracing against the "breeze."

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Whatever his reason for bailing on CWU, it didn't work out so well. He was important to the team and left in a bit of a lurch. Of course it's going to come up.
          Maybe it worked out great, who knows why he wanted to leave or why he wound up where he did. D2 playoffs aren't the most important thing in the world. The fact that someone, who is I assume a grown man, is on here basically giddy all year at the lack of success that Roots and Moore had tells me a lot about them as a person. Rather pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Maybe it worked out great, who knows why he wanted to leave or why he wound up where he did. D2 playoffs aren't the most important thing in the world. The fact that someone, who is I assume a grown man, is on here basically giddy all year at the lack of success that Roots and Moore had tells me a lot about them as a person. Rather pathetic.
            It could even be academic related. If the other schools had a better program in a person's major a transfer would have made sense too. These athletes likely won't be going pro and their degree will mean more after graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

It could even be academic related. If the other schools had a better program in a person's major a transfer would have made sense too. These athletes likely won't be going pro and their degree will mean more after graduation.
              Yes 100%. Rather odd (creepy?) the level of obsession over it this year from a certain individual.

Don't mean to derail the thread from a great accomplishment by CWU in making the post season, tough matchup with NWMSU but you never know. Best of luck to you guys!

Comment

As per an email to NW season tickets holders from AD Andy P the NCAA postponed KO til 1:00 pm CST to better accommodate CWU players/fans
                Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-16-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

FYI - I got the preview article done early (which probably means a bunch of typos!), I think it will be up around 8 Pacific time.

If I keep doing these after this season, I'm really going to have to learn how to edit these things down. Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    NCAA postponed KO til 1:00 pm CST to better accommodate CWU player/fan travel plans.
                    Link?

I had heard that they had the later KO to accommodate NW because of WRCF.

Comment

Christian Moore suffered a career threatening injury during fall camp. He tried to recoup and comeback but it was in his best interested to medically retire.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        F

If I keep doing these after this season, I'm really going to have to learn how to edit these things down. Hope you enjoy it!
                        I tell them all that!

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                          Christian Moore suffered a career threatening injury during fall camp. He tried to recoup and comeback but it was in his best interested to medically retire.
                          Oh man, that's rough. I hope he does well in his future endeavors.

Comment

When does CWU head to Maryville?
                            I assume they have a charter flight into Rosecrans.
                            Are they staying in Maryville?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I tell them all that!
                              It's been fun though, no complaints at all. Weird thing is I'm really good at brevity when I'm writing for my job (well, probably except when I knocked out 225 pages in 6 weeks for a textbook, but that was fun to me!)

Enjoyed the conversations with the GNAC fans so far, they've been very welcoming and I appreciate their knowledge of the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

It's been fun though, no complaints at all. Weird thing is I'm really good at brevity when I'm writing for my job (well, probably except when I knocked out 225 pages in 6 weeks for a textbook, but that was fun to me!)

Enjoyed the conversations with the GNAC fans so far, they've been very welcoming and I appreciate their knowledge of the teams.
                                They are seriously awesome dudes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X