Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Football Schools

Is there any chance the GNAC might get any new schools? And do we have any word on if Humboldt has even a sliver of a chance of bringing back Football?

There's been talk about Lincoln joining D2, and if they do, they'd probably play football in the GNAC. As you might have seen, they have a looonnngggg way to go. I think there's a better chance of the GNAC schools joining the LSC as football members only.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
      There's been talk about Lincoln joining D2, and if they do, they'd probably play football in the GNAC. As you might have seen, they have a looonnngggg way to go. I think there's a better chance of the GNAC schools joining the LSC as football members only.
      GNAC LSC league should move up!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

GNAC LSC league should move up!
        CWU should go to the Big Sky...

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

CWU should go to the Big Sky...
          Is that so you could see their games in Bozeman and Missoula?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Is that so you could see their games in Bozeman and Missoula?
            That would be nice!

In reality, there is no way that CWU could afford that level. Even tripling the current athletics budget, CWU would be a mid-pack school in the Big Sky. EWU spends the same amount of CWU's total budget on football alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

That would be nice!

In reality, there is no way that CWU could afford that level. Even tripling the current athletics budget, CWU would be a mid-pack school in the Big Sky. EWU spends the same amount of CWU's total budget on football alone.
              Yeah. Instead CWU spends its money on remodeling and building new academic facilities. Such a waste!

Comment

Yeah. Instead CWU spends its money on remodeling and building new academic facilities. Such a waste!
                you're funny, but there are people who think that. haha

Comment

I see this happening:

Lincoln comes on in 2023. SFU takes the WWU, Humboldt, Azusa route by 2023. Everyone (except tsull) at WOU will be satisfied with 5-6 seasons. CWU will schedule a Big Sky and NAIA every year and fill the rest of the schedule with LSC or the occasional RMAC or GLVC.

Big Sky is a dream that requires triple athletics budget at a minimum, 2,000 permanent stands on the visitor side, better press box suites on the home side and tough decisions on all the other sports we forget about on this board.

I also hope I'm wrong, but the whole Carroll College, SOU, EOU, UM-Western, Rocky Mountain, Montana Tech, UM-Northern (and/or MSU-Billings starting football) won't happen.

Comment

Is the GNAC/LSC alliance/merger not a done deal? It seemed like it was a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure Lincoln is D2 material, but we'll see. I believe only one west-coast private school in recent years has gone D2 without being in the NAIA first (Academy of Art).

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                      Is the GNAC/LSC alliance/merger not a done deal? It seemed like it was a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure Lincoln is D2 material, but we'll see. I believe only one west-coast private school in recent years has gone D2 without being in the NAIA first (Academy of Art).
                      Not sure it is done. https://footballscoop.com/news/divis...gnac-lone-star is all I could find and the current agreement is through 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        From Dave Campbell's Texas Football:

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...=related_thumb

It's as close to being official without it actually being official...

That sounds about right. Most of the private West Coast schools - and a few publics - were NAIA before joining D2. The only notable exception that I'm aware of is Seattle Pacific has been a long-time member of the NCAA among the West Coast private schools.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

That sounds about right. Most of the private West Coast schools - and a few publics - were NAIA before joining D2. The only notable exception that I'm aware of is Seattle Pacific has been a long-time member of the NCAA among the West Coast private schools.
                          Something you may find interesting. When I attended CWU all 3 GNAC football schools (yes, SFU too) were all NAIA schools and in the same conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Something you may find interesting. When I attended CWU all 3 GNAC football schools (yes, SFU too) were all NAIA schools and in the same conference.
                            Maybe we should go back and beat up on the NAIA schools...

Comment

Maybe we should go back and beat up on the NAIA schools...
                              Would we run into the same problem though with the private schools?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X