Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC GOATs

With GNAC football merging with the LSC, I was curious who you all think were the GOATs of GNAC football.

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    With GNAC football merging with the LSC, I was curious who you all think were the GOATs of GNAC football.
    Mike Reilly, QB, CWU, MVP, of all-time, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Mike Reilly, QB, CWU, MVP, of all-time, IMO.
      I would second that one. The all time greatest GNAC player.

Jon Kitna was with CWU in the NAIA days, pretty big time in my mind. Johnny Spevak (one of my favs since he also got an Accounting degree!) and Garrett Rolsma.

On defense, I would say Buddy Wood, Stan Langlow, Adam Bighill, Kevin Haynes.

WOU's Kevin Boss.
      Humboldt's Alex Cappa and RB Ja'quan Gardner
      APU's Terrel Watson

Yeah, I know it is loaded with CWU guys. I have seen a lot of CWU football, and they have dominated the league.

Comment

Tyrell Williams from WOU was in the NFL up until this season, when he got injured right at the beginning of the season and was released.

Also Paul Revis of WOU was a pretty good receiver.

Comment

CWU
          Zak Hill QB
          Dan Murphy RB.... Beast
          Brian Potucek Wr.... Crafty
          Kevin Haynes LB
          Jason Patterson DB... 22int..

Comment

CWU guys, I agree, except Kitna since he wasn't a GNAC'er. But Runnin' Cat is so old history is lumped together now in 20 year periods. Same thing with Murphy, didn't he graduate in 2000? But both were incredible for CWU.

I don't think we've technically retired 3 or 13 for Kitna or Reilly, but they should. Same thing with 84. Potucek and then Spevak. That's 8 years of dominance for 84. Put that jersey in the rafters.

Honorable mentions would be John Hallead, Moses Lewis, Jake Roberts (had a cup of coffee with the Tennessee Titans the same summer he got married in 2004 I believe?), Sweet Willie Johnson, Nat Conley, Lance XXXXX (Dlineman who had a cup of coffee with NY Jets, can't remember his last name). If we're gonna talk the Jets, then Joe Smith was a heckuva punter who was cut by the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
              CWU guys, I agree, except Kitna since he wasn't a GNAC'er. But Runnin' Cat is so old history is lumped together now in 20 year periods. Same thing with Murphy, didn't he graduate in 2000? But both were incredible for CWU.

I don't think we've technically retired 3 or 13 for Kitna or Reilly, but they should. Same thing with 84. Potucek and then Spevak. That's 8 years of dominance for 84. Put that jersey in the rafters.

Honorable mentions would be John Hallead, Moses Lewis, Jake Roberts (had a cup of coffee with the Tennessee Titans the same summer he got married in 2004 I believe?), Sweet Willie Johnson, Nat Conley, Lance XXXXX (Dlineman who had a cup of coffee with NY Jets, can't remember his last name). If we're gonna talk the Jets, then Joe Smith was a heckuva punter who was cut by the Jets.
              Lance Gibson. RIP Joe Smith. :-(

SFU Lemar Durant Wr

Last edited by the tav; 12-07-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Goods;n638378] But Runnin' Cat is so old history is lumped together now in 20 year periods. /QUOTE]

Shut it, kid!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                  Tyrell Williams from WOU was in the NFL up until this season, when he got injured right at the beginning of the season and was released.

Also Paul Revis of WOU was a pretty good receiver.
                  Thanks for the WOU mentions; Matt Cox, short d-lineman was really good; Bryce Peilla, DB, was the best DB I've seen at WOU. Correct on Revis, actually a better college receiver than Williams, but Williams had the NFL intangibles.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Thanks for the WOU mentions; Matt Cox, short d-lineman was really good; Bryce Peilla, DB, was the best DB I've seen at WOU. Correct on Revis, actually a better college receiver than Williams, but Williams had the NFL intangibles.
                    Yeah, I remember how tall and fast Williams was. Revis was a WOU version of CWU's Spevak. Quick and scrappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I would second that one. The all time greatest GNAC player.

Jon Kitna was with CWU in the NAIA days, pretty big time in my mind. Johnny Spevak (one of my favs since he also got an Accounting degree!) and Garrett Rolsma.

On defense, I would say Buddy Wood, Stan Langlow, Adam Bighill, Kevin Haynes.

WOU's Kevin Boss.
                      Humboldt's Alex Cappa and RB Ja'quan Gardner
                      APU's Terrel Watson

Yeah, I know it is loaded with CWU guys. I have seen a lot of CWU football, and they have dominated the league.
                      Thanks for the information.

Reading the board this season, Reilly's been mentioned a few times. New Haven had a QB at the same time named Ryan Osiecki who was at the back end of the depth chart at Louisville and got a chance to play at D2 like Reilly did and put some big numbers. Didn't make any pro team as far as I know. Cool that Reilly is still playing at a high level in Canada.

Anyone think Glasper has a chance to set any records?

Remember Kevin Boss as a bruiser with the Giants - how good a receiver was he in college?

Didn't know Kitna went to CWU - thought for some reason he went to Eastern (sorry), but my memory failed me there.

Tav - Hill and Potoucek had decent games when they played New Haven (2001-2003 were the "dark days" before New Haven dropped football but still tried hard), I think Hill played against them 3 times?

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Thanks for the information.

Reading the board this season, Reilly's been mentioned a few times. New Haven had a QB at the same time named Ryan Osiecki who was at the back end of the depth chart at Louisville and got a chance to play at D2 like Reilly did and put some big numbers. Didn't make any pro team as far as I know. Cool that Reilly is still playing at a high level in Canada.

Anyone think Glasper has a chance to set any records?

Remember Kevin Boss as a bruiser with the Giants - how good a receiver was he in college?

Didn't know Kitna went to CWU - thought for some reason he went to Eastern (sorry), but my memory failed me there.

Tav - Hill and Potoucek had decent games when they played New Haven (2001-2003 were the "dark days" before New Haven dropped football but still tried hard), I think Hill played against them 3 times?
                        I don't know about Glasper. He's young and shows promise, but he's not as good as Reilly was when he first came to CWU. I think Glasper is on the Zak Hill/Ryan Robertson level. If his accuracy improves, he can be pretty good. I do worry about the opened up transfer portal and some FCS team needing a QB poaching him.

Comment

Quincy Glasper is better than Mike Reilly ( My opinion. ) he might not break his records but he'll make a run at them. He's more mobile and has a whip for a arm it's superior. What Quincy doesn't have is that Mike Reilly toughness. Quincy needs to put some serious meat on the bone this summer to help him with that durability. He's going to be fun to watch and glad he's a Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                            Quincy Glasper is better than Mike Reilly ( My opinion. ) he might not break his records but he'll make a run at them. He's more mobile and has a whip for a arm it's superior. What Quincy doesn't have is that Mike Reilly toughness. Quincy needs to put some serious meat on the bone this summer to help him with that durability. He's going to be fun to watch and glad he's a Cat.
                            I remember the Montana game with Reilly. Sacked 0 times which upset a lot of Grizzly fans. At the time he may have been the best QB of any school in Washington with how bad WSU and UW were and would have likely started at WSU if he'd stayed there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X