Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    Texas Southern is terrible most years. Golden opportunity for UTPB to steal an early season win.
    Indeed. This might be the year the Fighting Falcons start making some noise in the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Those Commies from Arcata, CA are going to love the treeless area known as the Permian Basin. I hope the pumpjacks, flares, and 18 wheelers hauling raw crude and water are in full motion when they visit that part of the state!
      The stench will do them in.. I'm going to spend three days there in June for HS reunion. Not looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
        UTPB posted their schedule. OOC games at Texas Southern (SWAC) and at Northern Michigan (GLIAC) to start the season and hosting Humboldt State (GNAC) Oct. 13.

http://utpbfalcons.com/schedule.aspx?path=football&

Two trips to Texas for HSU in six weeks this season. 1 Sep to open the season at Midwestern, then 13 Oct at UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by ahshound View Post
          I for one am very excited to see the Hounds have 11 DII games. You can tell Lee/AD Waggoner have more foresight than Lynn/Geiser who would schedule the likes of Sul Ross, Bacone, Air Force JV, and Panhandle State for Non Conference Games which would have make it almost impossible to make the playoffs without the Hounds going undefeated.
          OPSU was actually a conference member in the LSC club for a couple of seasons. Too bad they dropped back to NAIA status. One of the teams that WT could defeat and relatively close by.

Comment

Those Commies from Arcata, CA are going to love the treeless area known as the Permian Basin. I hope the pumpjacks, flares, and 18 wheelers hauling raw crude and water are in full motion when they visit that part of the state!
            Hopefully the Humboldt State football fans who fly to Odessa to see the Jacks play are normal folks. The Commies are probably back in Arcata protesting and campaigning for the administration to drop football at the University.

Comment

Looks like CWU's game with TAMUK on September 1st is off. News came out today that CWU is playing Eastern Washington on September 1st now. Probably for a nice check.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                Looks like CWU's game with TAMUK on September 1st is off. News came out today that CWU is playing Eastern Washington on September 1st now. Probably for a nice check.

That might not be a good move. Not saying TAMUK is going to rebound this year and end up with 7-3 or better record (we will be lucky to be around .500 IMO) . But if they did, that win or loss by CWU against a D2 opponent and one in the region might come back and bite come playoff selection time. Even beating a mediocre in region opponent will be better for the playoff resume vs playing up for a paycheck.

Comment

That might not be a good move. Not saying TAMUK is going to rebound this year and end up with 7-3 or better record (we will be lucky to be around .500 IMO) . But if they did, that win or loss by CWU against a D2 opponent and one in the region might come back and bite come playoff selection time. Even beating a mediocre in region opponent will be better for the playoff resume vs playing up for a paycheck.
                  Yeah, I'd rather they be playing TAMUK than Southeastern Western Baptist or whatever it is in November, as well. However, I think there's some politics here as Eastern and Central used to have a rivalry before Eastern moved to FCS. Plus the whole not having a stadium available in Ellensburg in September thing.

Comment

Not to mention the Texas Wesleyan game won't count towards D2 playoff consideration since Texas Wesleyan is an NAIA school. So, even if the Javs went 7-3 without a Week 1 game, it would really be a 6-3 record in the eyes of the NCAA playoff committee.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                      Yeah, I'd rather they be playing TAMUK than Southeastern Western Baptist or whatever it is in November, as well. However, I think there's some politics here as Eastern and Central used to have a rivalry before Eastern moved to FCS. Plus the whole not having a stadium available in Ellensburg in September thing.
                      WT comes to Ellensburg Sep 29. Where will the game be played?

I'm planning on coming up for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        WT comes to Ellensburg Sep 29. Where will the game be played?

I'm planning on coming up for the game.
                        Hopefully, if construction goes to schedule. If it doesn't or we have a wildfire problem again, then the game will most likely be near Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                          Hopefully, if construction goes to schedule. If it doesn't or we have a wildfire problem again, then the game will most likely be near Seattle.
                          If the CWU football stadium is not complete for the Buffs game on Sep 29th, I wonder if Seattle's CenturyLink Field or UW's Husky Stadium would be available for a Div II match? A great possible alternative venue if this is the situation.

Comment

• Last edited by LSC Fan; 04-30-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I would hope so, at this point i would figure yall would have already booked team travel etc.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                                If the CWU football stadium is not complete for the Buffs game on Sep 29th, I wonder if Seattle's CenturyLink Field or UW's Husky Stadium would be available for a Div II match? A great possible alternative venue if this is the situation.
                                CWU has played at CenturyLink before, but in this case, they'd probably play at Pop Keeney Stadium in Bothell. That's where CWU has been playing when wildfires have forced the game to be moved due to poor air quality.

Also, I think most of the CWU fans on here would rather CWU be playing TAMUK on Sept. 1, but we weren't consulted. I'm not sure what EWU offered CWU that made them agree to switch opponents.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X