Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    It's pretty damn unfair for the Hogs to back out at such a late date. Tough to find another opponent. I bet if an LSC/GNAC alliance ever comes up, TAMK will be a hard sell. And rightly so.
    I wouldn't want it to go that far as it would benefit both conferences who both need football to survive in their current forms.

Looking at the open dates available, some dates are available on Sept 1 and Sept 8. We are scheduled to play Texas Wesleyan on Sept 8 and noticed they don't have a game scheduled on Sept 1. Perhaps some juggling of our schedule could be made to accommodate a late addition and retain the home game with Texas Wesleyan?

Comment

The interesting thing is there are several schools looking for teams on opening weekend. I wonder if we can get something scheduled.

Comment

So with the Javelinas losing the game and having Texas Wesleyan on the schedule, that would leave them with 9 D2 games correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
          So with the Javelinas losing the game and having Texas Wesleyan on the schedule, that would leave them with 9 D2 games correct?
          correctomundo

Comment

I really do not like the fact that the Hogs are playing Texas Wesleyan.

Comment

It sucks that LSC teams find itself scheduling the same Non conference teams over and over its the RMAC or the GNAC . Not really any ones fault . Nearby conferences Like GAC and the MIAA schedule is jammed packed with 11 conference games a year.

Comment

Basically leaves them No chance to make the Playoffs. They would have to run the table and go 9-0. 8-1 Would most likely not make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                  Yes, but I watched him play as freshman and saw signs of a very capable Quarterback at that point. He produced at Tech when he was in the game. So, while others didn't offer him anything out of HS, they also didn't have the first hand knowledge KK had. KK knew he could run the system and produce which was more than some of the others he DID give scholarships to that you have never heard of. The bottom line is he plays favorites and wants yes men and his results on the field are a direct correlation to how he runs the program behind the scenes. Tech will never be any better than the Dykes years as long as they allow to park there. Not to mention, KK fought hard to keep a walkon from playing this last year because he changed schools in conference. If that's not a hypocrite, then show me who is. If you did not want Mayfield and thought he wasn't worthy of scholarship money then why in the H3LL would you care where he played? Could it be that you just cannot evaluate talent and are in over your head at TECH?
                  Why aren't you a DI coach given this great insight (albeit after the fact)?

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                    Several reasons that might be behind their thinking was (1) playing Eastern Washington would be a gate guaranty (2) that 1st game of theirs was not going to be in Elburg it was to be in Seattle (3) they would have to rent a football field somewhere in Seattle and would have to pay (4) CWU's school year has not started by that game date---so no students and very few fans---very little money to be made (5) both times that I have been at their campus stadium there appeared to be about 800 people there, including about 400 of our California, Oregon, and Alaska alums---not a financial windfall for CWU (6) with playing Eastern Washington, at least they take home their guaranteed money.

Oh well, this sucks for us.
                    2011 attendance in Eburg 3147

2013 attendance in Eburg 2412

You are correct that school is not in session, thus we will have lower attendance on that opener. We still average more than capacity in Tomlinson. Capacity is 4K, we always average above that.

CWU did cancel the 2014 game in Kingsville for a money game against Montana. I had heard that CWU did some compensating based on the 2013 trip by the Hoggies to Eburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      Why aren't you a DI coach given this great insight (albeit after the fact)?
                      Not my cup of tea. Mahomes was IMHO a better talent than Mayfield and will be starting this year for KC as 10th pick overall. That decision I am ok with, but to not give him scholarship money as a backup was just petty.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                        I wouldn't want it to go that far as it would benefit both conferences who both need football to survive in their current forms.

Looking at the open dates available, some dates are available on Sept 1 and Sept 8. We are scheduled to play Texas Wesleyan on Sept 8 and noticed they don't have a game scheduled on Sept 1. Perhaps some juggling of our schedule could be made to accommodate a late addition and retain the home game with Texas Wesleyan?

Comment

Commerce just announced we added an 11th game. In Commerce on Sept 29 vs. Lock Haven Univ from the PSAC and moved the Kingsville game to week 1. SWEET! Im wondering in TAMUK will pick up a game now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                            2011 attendance in Eburg 3147

2013 attendance in Eburg 2412

You are correct that school is not in session, thus we will have lower attendance on that opener. We still average more than capacity in Tomlinson. Capacity is 4K, we always average above that.

CWU did cancel the 2014 game in Kingsville for a money game against Montana. I had heard that CWU did some compensating based on the 2013 trip by the Hoggies to Eburg.
                            I forget. How'd the Cats do against Montana?

Comment

I forget. How'd the Cats do against Montana?
                              In 2009, CWU lost on a last play FG, 38-35. Montana went on to play in the FCS championship that year, and CWU lost in a shootout to WTAMU in the playoffs.

In 2014, CWU got spanked 48-14.

CWU made more money from Montana in the last 12 years for not playing the Griz.

Comment

What is your problem? There is no need to be a jerk, is there? Buff Fan 05 asked about numbers. I answered.

How much scholly money are the 140 kids at Commerce (or anywhere else in the LSC) getting? Players 90 thru 140 are getting $2.53, just like players 90 thru 140 at WT will get.
                                I have to say - the signing of 40-60 kids a year for a $500 full year scholarship is a joke! So the kids can "sign" on signing day? I wish the NCAA would make a rule that D2 schools can only sign 20 kids a year (basically giving each a 1/2 scholarship or more). It is a joke that TAMC and all others sign 40-60 a year (and my son played at TAMC) and many more than 1/2 of them are gone after 1 or 2 semesters.
                                This would at the very least require coaches to actually recruit the right kids, do a little homework, and thrive or implode based on their own ability to sell themselves. I know the rules are set up as they are, but recruiting should be an ART, not a throw ****e against the wall and see what sticks part of college football. Just my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X