X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    D1 CAN offer multi-year deals.
    Did anyone see yesterday where the NCAA approved that a player can play 4 games without burning their redshirt status? That's a HUGE change.

Comment

• 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      Did anyone see yesterday where the NCAA approved that a player can play 4 games without burning their redshirt status? That's a HUGE change.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-14-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yes. The ruling is for D1 only. The main argument was too many starters would play injured because of lack of depth. This protects the wellbeing of the players and gives true freshman the ability to get a little game experience.

I find this rule EXCELLENT. Wish it was also for DII.

Comment

Yes. The ruling is for D1 only. The main argument was too many starters would play injured because of lack of depth. This protects the wellbeing of the players and gives true freshman the ability to get a little game experience.

They also made it where a kid could contact other schools exploring a transfer without having to notify their current team. D1 again obviously but still major changes.

Comment

They also made it where a kid could contact other schools exploring a transfer without having to notify their current team. D1 again obviously but still major changes.
            I thought I saw that they notify their current school and the school has to immediately enter their name into a transfer database which would allow other schools to contact the Student Athlete.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              I thought I saw that they notify their current school and the school has to immediately enter their name into a transfer database which would allow other schools to contact the Student Athlete.
              You're right. I should have said they dont have to have their existing school's permission.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Correct and loooong overdue. Should be applicable to scale for all other sports and in all divisions as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                  You're right. I should have said they dont have to have their existing school's permission.

I bet Sabin is not happy since he was big on signing huge recruiting classes and not letting go of players like other schools would if they asked for a transfer. Or basically made them transfer to FCS or lower so their would be no chance they would face Bama on the field.

Comment

D1 CAN offer multi-year deals.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                      Correct and loooong overdue. Should be applicable to scale for all other sports and in all divisions as well.
                      Plus infinity

Comment

I would guess a small percentage....like blue chip recruits, and/or players that came in and proved their worth.

This is from 2014, but will give you an idea:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/schools-can-give-out-4-year-athletic-scholarships-but-many-dont/

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          We lost the 2X GNAC DPOTY in Kevin Haynes, a couple other key defenders, and our DC. We lsot an AA quality TE, and a couple of key WRs. We will have two good RBs back, one who went down midway through the season with a broken leg (Cummings). CWU will have Hennessey back at QB. And most of our O Line.
                          No doubt the CWU Cats have more than enough talent returning in 2018 to give WT A&M a good schooling. Hopefully the Buffs can play respectable & keep it close for a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokie View Post
                            Has anyone heard of a two year contract between Commerce and Tarleton at the Star in Frisco
                            Here is the latest I've heard on this. It looks like they are trying to put together the same kind of thing they had at Jerry World 4 or 5 years ago with mutiple LSC games in Frisco on the same day. Might happen next year, and likely wont just be Commerce/Tarleton. This year the TAMUC/Tarleton game will be in Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Here is the latest I've heard on this. It looks like they are trying to put together the same kind of thing they had at Jerry World 4 or 5 years ago with mutiple LSC games in Frisco on the same day. Might happen next year, and likely wont just be Commerce/Tarleton. This year the TAMUC/Tarleton game will be in Commerce.
                              I hate this idea
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Hello Neal Brown - NEXT HC at Texas Tech. Was signed, sealed, and delivered before TT beat Texas.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X