Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Schedules

So it looks like WT homecoming will be 10/6/18 vs Kingsville .
    - traditionally it has always been between the last weekend in September to Mid October. Which leaves you with Kingsville 10/6 or Midwestern 10/20
    - Texas Tech homecoming is the 20th so I doubt we decide on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
      I wonder if the WBU Pioneers are available?
      Why? It's pointless to play them. Doesnt count towards playoff consideration, so why risk getting players hurt? I'd rather play 10 games than schedule someone outside D2 just to get an 11th game.

Comment

WT nearly always finds a team to fill that 11th game slot. My guess is they will either pay the travel for someone to come to Canyon or pay them like they have in the past. Lots of teams up in the north east with open dates on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          Why? It's pointless to play them. Doesnt count towards playoff consideration, so why risk getting players hurt? I'd rather play 10 games than schedule someone outside D2 just to get an 11th game.
          I agree that's why I'm kind of puzzled about TAMUK scheduling Texas Wesleyan. Not that I think it will matter at the end of the day because the pessimist that developed in me last season doesn't see it being a factor for playoffs because we won't be in them. It will be just another W or L in the overall record when the season ends Nov 10. Maybe the W that gives us a winning season?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
            WT nearly always finds a team to fill that 11th game slot. My guess is they will either pay the travel for someone to come to Canyon or pay them like they have in the past. Lots of teams up in the north east with open dates on that date.
            posted openings for Sept 8 2018 in Div II

Tiffin - GMAC
            Virginia Union - CIAA
            Saint Augustine*s - CIAA
            Shaw - CIAA
            Newberry - SAC
            Humboldt State - GNAC

personally I would like to see Humboldt but not sure if WT can afford going to The West coast every year.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Tiffin - GMAC
              Virginia Union - CIAA
              Saint Augustine*s - CIAA
              Shaw - CIAA
              Newberry - SAC
              Humboldt State - GNAC

personally I would like to see Humboldt but not sure if WT can afford going to The West coast every year.
              Maybe WT will pay for Humboldt to come to Canyon. 2 of our coaches came from their so they have some connections.

Comment

Looking at the schedules posted here for both TAMK and WT, they need to verify which date they will play each other

Comment

That would be a good idea. Since the WT schedule is not official, I'm going to assume the dates on it are wrong.

Comment

Last I heard ASU was scheduled to play @ Western Oregon, and Adams State in San Angelo next year.

The rest will be the 8 LSC games. Although, from what I heard they don't reverse the home team from 2017 due to some wacky LSC rotation. For instance, as you can see from the Kingsville schedule listed above, Kingsville will be playing in San Angelo for the 2nd year in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                      Last I heard ASU was scheduled to play @ Western Oregon, and Adams State in San Angelo next year.

The rest will be the 8 LSC games. Although, from what I heard they don't reverse the home team from 2017 due to some wacky LSC rotation. For instance, as you can see from the Kingsville schedule listed above, Kingsville will be playing in San Angelo for the 2nd year in a row.
                      sept 8 ASU @ACU

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                        sept 8 ASU @ACU
                        That's right. I forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          It looks like the GNAC schools are mostly all playing each other twice this year. Azuza lists C.Washington, Humboldt, Simon Frasier, and W. Oregon for 2 games in 2018 and 2019. Might some LSC teams need to do this? Not ideal, but better than scheduling a DIII or FCS?
                          This has been the norm in the GNAC for several years. Nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
                            Looking at the schedules posted here for both TAMK and WT, they need to verify which date they will play each other
                            You are right Seems like the LSC changed up their schedule for next season. YES !!!! Lets see who gets Commerce & Midwestern back to back this year . Buff fans did not enjoy that part of the schedule for the last 4 years! buffs were 2-6 during that stretch

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Tiffin - GMAC
                              Virginia Union - CIAA
                              Saint Augustine*s - CIAA
                              Shaw - CIAA
                              Newberry - SAC
                              Humboldt State - GNAC

The Buffs already are scheduled to play at Azusa Pacific Univ this fall. Perhaps Humboldt State would travel to Canyon. Don't think the budget would allow two west coast trips in the same season.

Comment

Tarleton will Play SFA Sep. 8th in Nac. according to SFA website. SFA plays Miss St the week before.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X