Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by Texan37 View Post
    Tarleton will Play SFA Sep. 8th in Nac. according to SFA website. SFA plays Miss St the week before.
    Remember Tarleton still has to play Delta State at a local Jr High to make up for last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Remember Tarleton still has to play Delta State at a local Jr High to make up for last fall.
      If their home field is in the condition it was for the Commerce game they will have their revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        I still dont understand why highland inst on easterns schedule, along with adams and ft lewis. Between eastern and wt the bottom half geographically of the rmac could schedule their ooc games with minimal travel costs.

Comment

Thats all i care about. 11 d2 games.

My thinking was that the conferences would work together to get the schedules working.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
            If their home field is in the condition it was for the Commerce game they will have their revenge.
            Hopefully construction will be complete on the new stadium by then.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
              Hopefully construction will be complete on the new stadium by then.
              Hope yall have a better construction crew than we do....can't imagine how long it would take this crew to do an entire stadium. A press box has taken 14 months and still not finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                Thats all i care about. 11 d2 games.

My thinking was that the conferences would work together to get the schedules working.
                It would be nice if the 2 conferences would work together, but it would take the RMAC making week#1 a non conference date for all the schools and even then it would just free up that 1 week as the RMAC would be in a closed schedule after that. Also some of the RMAC school have to play a money game to with that one non conference date to support their budget. The LSC and GNAC could definitely get together to solve the scheduling problem. I can even see a LSC/GNAC football merger when Humboldt does drop football. The problem is that would be 2 plane flights a year for the LSC teams. It would kill budgets, but it would allow LSC teams to get to 11 D2 in region games. I'm not sure a school like ENMU could afford that and might push them to the RMAC. I know WNMU couldn't although they are closer to CA and could probably drive to Azuza Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by gohounds View Post
                  It would be nice if the 2 conferences would work together, but it would take the RMAC making week#1 a non conference date for all the schools and even then it would just free up that 1 week as the RMAC would be in a closed schedule after that. Also some of the RMAC school have to play a money game to with that one non conference date to support their budget. The LSC and GNAC could definitely get together to solve the scheduling problem. I can even see a LSC/GNAC football merger when Humboldt does drop football. The problem is that would be 2 plane flights a year for the LSC teams. It would kill budgets, but it would allow LSC teams to get to 11 D2 in region games. I'm not sure a school like ENMU could afford that and might push them to the RMAC. I know WNMU couldn't although they are closer to CA and could probably drive to Azuza Pacific.
                  Those are the same concerns i have voiced.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Tarleton has posted our 2018 football schedule. We are playing Delta State and Lincoln (MiAA) in the ville and travel to SFA.

http://www.tarletonsports.com/schedu...?path=football

Comment

Originally posted by Texan37 View Post
                      Tarleton will Play SFA Sep. 8th in Nac. according to SFA website. SFA plays Miss St the week before.
                      The last time those two teams played, Tarleton walked away with a 24-21 victory in OT thanks to a 37-yard field goal by Stephen Arnold just minutes after missing a 47-yard field goal with six seconds left to win it in regulation.

Comment

Looks like WT schedule has been released. Not excited about week 2 the OPSU game at all but oh well. The back half of the schedule is looking tough.

9/1/2018 TBA A Azusa Pacific Glendora, Calif.
                        9/8/2018 6 p.m. H Oklahoma Panhandle State Canyon, Texas
                        9/15/2018 6 p.m. H Tarleton State Canyon, Texas
                        9/22/2018 TBA A Western New Mexico Silver City, N.M.
                        9/29/2018 TBA A Central Washington Ellensburg, Wash.
                        10/6/2018 6 p.m. H UT Permian Basin Canyon, Texas
                        10/13/2018 TBA A Angelo State San Angelo, Texas
                        10/20/2018 6 p.m. H Eastern New Mexico Canyon, Texas
                        10/27/2018 TBA A Texas A&M-Commerce Commerce, Texas
                        11/3/2018 6 p.m. H Texas A&M-Kingsville Canyon, Texas
                        11/10/2018 TBA A Midwestern State Wichita Falls, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                          Looks like WT schedule has been released. Not excited about week 2 the OPSU game at all but oh well. The back half of the schedule is looking tough.

Why not just be open as opposed to playing OPSU. The risk/reward there makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                              Why not just be open as opposed to playing OPSU. The risk/reward there makes no sense to me.
                              An open date would leave you with only 4 home games. I asked coach Hughes about that date and he said they called everybody trying to get a single game or a home and home deal. Couldn't get a D2 team.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Hope yall have a better construction crew than we do....can't imagine how long it would take this crew to do an entire stadium. A press box has taken 14 months and still not finished.
                                The day I saw the Seidel Const. sign I knew it would be a long haul. I think the biggest problem was using the same contractor of the east side concessions and press box at the same time. One crew was doing both jobs for the first 4 months.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X