Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post
    Great post Buff Bill. No reason to mention you dont have a sheep skin, you are a die hard Buff Fan. My Dad starting taking me to Buff games in the early 60s as a young child and he was at the opening of Buffalo Bowl on 1959 against the U of AZ. What a dissapointment this new stadium plan is. Hell Dick Bivens looks better . Why not sell corporate suites. This whole thing seems like a cluster ---- . If they had of kept the Bro maintained we could of stayed there. Another thing I cant Believe in a huge BB game tonite in Canyon only 1990 fans show up. What the heck.

Comment

Too late to cry over Kimbrough. She's gone. But I do think the 8000 capacity deal at Buffalo Bowl II isn't right. The students didn't vote to build that at least that I've read. I don't think it is morally right to spend the students' funds on something they didn't vote for. I mean we are talking a stadium that is only two thirds of what they voted for. If I was the WT president I just couldn't do that.

You have only two ethical solutions. The first is to go back to the students with the much smaller stadium and have them vote on that. If they vote it down, you rent Kimbrough until you can build a new field. The second is to rent Kimbrough for another season or two and raise the necessary dollars outside of the student tax to fund a stadium that the students voted for.

To proceed with building a 8000 seat stadium when the students agreed to a 12000 seat stadium is unconscionable. And if and when the local media up there gets a hold of this it is going to get really ugly really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post
        Great post Buff Bill. No reason to mention you dont have a sheep skin, you are a die hard Buff Fan. My Dad starting taking me to Buff games in the early 60s as a young child and he was at the opening of Buffalo Bowl on 1959 against the U of AZ. What a dissapointment this new stadium plan is. Hell Dick Bivens looks better . Why not sell corporate suites. This whole thing seems like a cluster ---- . If they had of kept the Bro maintained we could of stayed there. Another thing I cant Believe in a huge BB game tonite in Canyon only 1990 fans show up. What the heck.
        Spring break is a simple and true explanation. If the students are on campus and people aren't traveling, it may have been completely full. 1990 doesn't seem accurate from multiple people on here
        Last edited by Buff Fan 05; 03-14-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

From what I heard it will have 6 Private Boxes ( which have already been sold for the year it opens ) , a party level that holds 200 plus. Then of course it will have coaches boxes and Media boxes.

I get it go all out on the press box now because renovating that is a heck of a lot harder than adding more seating in upcoming years. But for the stadium to be announced in 2015 / 16 and it looks like it wont be done till 2020 how do you not find additional funding to finish the product !?! they supposedly saved 2-4 million dollars by not tearing up the soccer field and putting it beside the soccer stadium now where did that money go to the private booths ? Have one of the banks give you some money and call it the CHASE BANK endzone seating lol .

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            ACU's new stadium is one butt ugly joint. Not sure who picked out the colors.
            Last edited by CatTrax; 09-06-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Not to worry, I don't hate Tech. Actually, I used to, but that was many years ago. Tech did everything right, starting in the 1950's. It's still hard to believe WT and Tech used to be in the same conference.

Comment

What Tech did right was getting Preston Smith elected governor. 90% of what Tech has now is directly attributable to him. It should be called Preston Smith University.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                  Not to worry, I don't hate Tech. Actually, I used to, but that was many years ago. Tech did everything right, starting in the 1950's. It's still hard to believe WT and Tech used to be in the same conference.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                    From what I heard it will have 6 Private Boxes ( which have already been sold for the year it opens ) , a party level that holds 200 plus. Then of course it will have coaches boxes and Media boxes.

I get it go all out on the press box now because renovating that is a heck of a lot harder than adding more seating in upcoming years. But for the stadium to be announced in 2015 / 16 and it looks like it wont be done till 2020 how do you not find additional funding to finish the product !?! they supposedly saved 2-4 million dollars by not tearing up the soccer field and putting it beside the soccer stadium now where did that money go to the private booths ? Have one of the banks give you some money and call it the CHASE BANK endzone seating lol .
                    I very much so would like to see the final design. Who knows it could be all that and a bag of chips just alot smaller than what most thought. I just believe that the seating is way to low. In my opinion driving ticket prices up because of "supply and demand" is the absolute worst thing WT can do. Hell people were nuts on here just last year when the prices rose a few bucks. If it feels 100% percent premium and thought out but is just missing the other 4k seats I believe people will come and sit on the grass but the seats better be there next year. If every seat is a chairback with cup holders and they upgrade the outer facade plus have a gameday experience with a large HD Video board and the LED ticker tape I believe most fans will be on board waiting a year for the new seating. But if all the new "premium" features are held for the select few who can afford Private Boxes and party level tickets then I think WT just screwed themselves.

Comment

I believe all schools are doing this honestly. Football is on the way to becoming similar to baseball but for different reasons. Hardcore dedicated fan base but will lose the casual fans. You will always have your fan bases but the game will not be near as popular in the next 10 years. We better enjoy the golden years while we can. You can run down the list of reasons why. 1. Concussions-Mom and Dad don't want said son having brain damage. 2. The kneeling of NFL Players-posts the sport in a negative light to their massive fan bases. 3. Basketball is seen as a good sport with minimal health risks compared to football. 4. It's indoors and you don't have to worry about weather. In the next 10 years or so I believe you will see a massive drop in talent for football while seeing an increase in talent in other sports.

Additionally I think you will start to see alot of schools drop football all together. Its already starting to happen. College athletic event attendance is already on the way down for almost all sports. Will it ever disappear all together? Never. There are programs who are reaching out to the younger generations just in different ways. You have started to see WT begin to roll out some of these features such as the BUFFNATION app (you get points for going to games and then redeem points for free rewards). I don't have the statistics but I bet its cyclical and will be on the rise again later in the future. But what you will see and what I think everyone is seeing is a slow consolidation of the fans who love the game. I don't think any team in the LSC really has to worry about football leaving our schools in fact I think it will be just the opposite for the schools that can hang on through the rough years. Compared to many D2 programs most LSC schools are on another level. Not every student will be able to afford to go a P5 school but will still want the experience. This is the demographic that D2 currently covers and will probably continue to cover just on a more consolidated level. You will see many G5 and FCS schools either drop divisions or get rid of their football programs all together and the schools that can hang on will have strong fanbases.
                      Last edited by BuffTough; 03-14-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                        I very much so would like to see the final design. Who knows it could be all that and a bag of chips just alot smaller than what most thought. I just believe that the seating is way to low. In my opinion driving ticket prices up because of "supply and demand" is the absolute worst thing WT can do. Hell people were nuts on here just last year when the prices rose a few bucks. If it feels 100% percent premium and thought out but is just missing the other 4k seats I believe people will come and sit on the grass but the seats better be there next year. If every seat is a chairback with cup holders and they upgrade the outer facade plus have a gameday experience with a large HD Video board and the LED ticker tape I believe most fans will be on board waiting a year for the new seating. But if all the new "premium" features are held for the select few who can afford Private Boxes and party level tickets then I think WT just screwed themselves.

Comment

Is there another stadium similar in size to compare to? The original design was after the SIU stadium, just smaller.

I looked up Northwest Missouri's stadium and capacity is 6500. I remember back 10 years ago, people talking about how nice that facility was.

Comment

Personally I like Pitt States Stadium. It seats around 8500 and looks like a great stadium. If WT builds something similar to that without the track going around then I think most fans will be happy.

Comment

• It's already a headache at Kimbrough. If you don't leave before the game is over you sit FOREVER....
                              LMAO, yes players come from all over to feel the "wonder and ambience" of the dump that Kimbrough is. What fantasy world is this guy living in?This is a flat out lie. Canyon has made it very clear that they want to spend as little as possible on Kimbrough, including post acquisition. They have as much interest in putting any money into that dump as WT does.It has already happened. You would think that Kimbrough has been selling out for decades. Folks from Amarillo already don't make the drive down for games. Wake up Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                                It's already a headache at Kimbrough. If you don't leave before the game is over you sit FOREVER....
                                LMAO, yes players come from all over to feel the "wonder and ambience" of the dump that Kimbrough is. What fantasy world is this guy living in?This is a flat out lie. Canyon has made it very clear that they want to spend as little as possible on Kimbrough, including post acquisition. They have as much interest in putting any money into that dump as WT does.It has already happened. You would think that Kimbrough has been selling out for decades. Folks from Amarillo already don't make the drive down for games. Wake up Paul.
                                Well that was a delusional letter...I need some of that stuff lmao

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X