Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    McBroom stated in the podcast that initially the permanent seating will land between 8,500 - 9,000. This does not include seating on the south berm which will hold 1,500.
    At least it felt like there was a lot of thought and data put into the decision. He commented on the 120 to 130% of capacity a couple times. It makes sense

Comment

Comment

Received this in an email from WT today... I'm sure many of you did as well, but I thought I'd post it on here. Or try to... hope it works.

Comment

The podcast was very informative. Not just about the stadium, but the AD's philosophy and vision.

The new stadium will rock! I've been to Grand Valley twice. Packed with 10,600 seats and another 2,000 standing wherever they can find a space is very intimidating. It's a great home field advantage. Impressive as hell for a visitor.

I can see the same thing becoming routine at Buffalo Stadium. 9,000 In seats, another 2,000 SRO spread out wherever and a winning FB team (by 2019). The foundation for a new FB tradition will be in progress.

McBroom is thoughtful, detailed, prepared, and very thorough. I trust his judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
            Received this in an email from WT today... I'm sure many of you did as well, but I thought I'd post it on here. Or try to... hope it works.
            It'll be nice not to have to wear my night vision goggles to see a game. Plus a lit practice field will be terrific.

Comment

I had a meeting today with a development/fundraising consultant hired by WT. WT will be raising $4M to finish the Bain Center and another $6M for additional FB field enhancements. A capital campaign will be rolling out soon. A couple of heavy hitters have already made very big pledges. Alas, I could only offer a (pretty damn) small one (got 3 expensive store remodels coming up). There will be many opportunities to help WT with these projects. Anyone can buy a brick with a plaque for $100, or a section of bricks for $1,000. Plus all other kinds of opportunities will be available. When it rolls out they will probably already have about half of the total committed to.

So, Buffs fans, boosters, alums, please get ready to contribute and provide the facilities to help WT FB become a perennial top 10 program. Individuals are being targeted for the $4M and corporations for the $6M.
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-04-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                I had a meeting today with a development/fundraising consultant hired by WT. WT will be raising $4M to finish the Bain Center and another $6M for additional FB field enhancements. A capital campaign will be rolling out soon. A couple of heavy hitters have already made very big pledges. Alas, I could only offer a (pretty damn) small one (got 3 expensive store remodels coming up). There will be many opportunities to help WT with these projects. Anyone can buy a brick with a plaque for $100, or a section of bricks for $1,000. Plus all other kinds of opportunities will be available. When it rolls out they will probably already have about half of the total committed to.

So, Buffs fans, boosters, alums, please get ready to contribute and provide the facilities to help WT FB become a perennial top 10 program. Individuals are being targeted for the $4M and corporations for the $6M.
                You've got Subway's correct? You may know my father in law, he's got just one but in Junction, TX. Do you happen to know those folks?

Comment

• WT New Stadium

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  You've got Subway's correct? You may know my father in law, he's got just one but in Junction, TX. Do you happen to know those folks?

Comment

Thanks for sharing Chip. I like the look of tr stadium and I hope to get to go to a game someday.

My only question for you is, why am I paying $11 for a roast beef & cheese foot long meal at Subway in Fort Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                      Thanks for sharing Chip. I like the look of tr stadium and I hope to get to go to a game someday.

My only question for you is, why am I paying $11 for a roast beef & cheese foot long meal at Subway in Fort Smith?
                      Wow! I just called one of our stores. We charge $7.90 for a foot long roast beef (cheese included). Menu prices are not dictated by national. Each franchisee is free to set his own prices. This particular franchisee is gouging his customers, IMO.

My formative growing up years were in nearby Poteau, Oklahoma.

Comment

Wow! I just called one of our stores. We charge $7.90 for a foot long roast beef (cheese included). Menu prices are not dictated by national. Each franchisee is free to set his own prices. This particular franchisee is gouging his customers, IMO.

Ahhh yes, lovely Poteau. Nice high school stadium with field turf too.

Comment

World's Highest Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                            World's Highest Hill.
                            Ha! Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                              Ahhh yes, lovely Poteau. Nice high school stadium with field turf too.
                              Not when I played there.

Comment

So back to the stadium. What happened to the whole other building on the east side of the stadium? Was supposed to house an apparel shop and a giant outdoor video screen for tailgating. Just seems to be a completely different stadium than what was sold to the students and alumni.

I really like the new design just wondering what happened to the rest of it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X