Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Don't think he meant the entire program, just him individually. I personally like seeing us play ACU as well. Always good to play someone close to home. If that last few years have been any indication, I don't think playoffs is going to be a thought on most peoples minds this year. Getting out of the middle of the pack is going to be on people's minds this year.

The whole championships part, that would be the equivalent of you guys competing for a championship, we just aren't there yet.
    Things can turn around....especially quickly. Seen it happen in Canyon once, and obviously more recently in Commerce. Its a mindset, and if your goal and thinking is to be a middle of the pack team, you will be stuck there. Good thing is I dont think the Administration at ASU has that mindset. But it may take a different guy guiding the football ship to make that a reality. Apparently though AngeloFan "Doesn't give a rat's arse" about making the playoffs or being worth a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      Things can turn around....especially quickly. Seen it happen in Canyon once, and obviously more recently in Commerce. Its a mindset, and if your goal and thinking is to be a middle of the pack team, you will be stuck there. Good thing is I dont think the Administration at ASU has that mindset. But it may take a different guy guiding the football ship to make that a reality. Apparently though AngeloFan "Doesn't give a rat's arse" about making the playoffs or being worth a crap.
      BINGO!!!

The late, great Vincent Lombardi said:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all of the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

E-N-O-U-G-H
      S-A-I-D

Comment

Don't think he meant the entire program, just him individually. I personally like seeing us play ACU as well. Always good to play someone close to home. If that last few years have been any indication, I don't think playoffs is going to be a thought on most peoples minds this year. Getting out of the middle of the pack is going to be on people's minds this year.

The whole championships part, that would be the equivalent of you guys competing for a championship, we just aren't there yet.
        Ask around. ASU officials are all in on renewing this rivalry that goes back to when ASU first began playing as a four year college. If playing this game keeps us out of the playoff, there are bigger issues out there.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          While in Abilene yesterday, we stopped and looked at ACU's new stadium. Double ugly press box but otherwise a nice stadium.

ASU will play there next fall. Looking forward to that game. Glad we finally have them back on the schedule and hope it lasts for several years..

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            IF you build it, they will come!

NOT!

Just a bunch of hype.....a new stadium accomplishes absolutely NOTHING.
            In ASU's case the new stadium reduced attendance. So, not exactly "NOTHING".

Comment

Think ASU's new press box is only one level with suites on the other. That is no big deal since we will still have the press box on the east side for visitors. That way Mr Hitler will have to squint into the Sun when Commerce comes to town.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                Think ASU's new press box is only one level with suites on the other. That is no big deal since we will still have the press box on the east side for visitors. That way Mr Hitler will have to squint into the Sun when Commerce comes to town.
                As long as you're buying Zentners Daughter I'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  That place is awesome!
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    That place is awesome!
                    Not even top 5 steaks in town! Let me know when yall come to town and I will get a real steak!

Comment

Will do. We may be playing in Commerce again this year. They have changed things around for 2018.

Comment

Not even top 5 steaks in town! Let me know when yall come to town and I will get a real steak!
                        agreed. If it wasn't for visitors they would go away.

Comment

Oh I just like the gigantic onion ring thingamabob. If I remember right, they have funky business hours too. I think I went there mid day on a saturday last year and it was closed for like 3 hours after lunch and before dinner....?

I've got a go-to place to eat in most LSC towns, but I havent quite found mine for ASU yet.

Comment

Oh I just like the gigantic onion ring thingamabob. If I remember right, they have funky business hours too. I think I went there mid day on a saturday last year and it was closed for like 3 hours after lunch and before dinner....?

I've got a go-to place to eat in most LSC towns, but I havent quite found mine for ASU yet.
                            let us know and we will take care of you.

Comment

Let me give you some insight:

For Mexican Food: Franco's on 29th & MLK, La Esperanza on 19th & Armstrong, Armenta's on S Oakes
                              For Steaks: Western Sky's on Chadbourne @ 21st, El Paisano on S Chadbourne and Ave J, Twin Mountain on Hwy 67 west of town
                              Wood fire pizzas & other awesomeness: Cork & Pig Tavern on Knickerbocker & Johnson (although the location is going to be changing by football season next year). You've also got The Grill on Hwy 67 going west in front of the Sam's.
                              BBQ: come to tailgate and eat our BBQ

Comment

That pan fried chicken fried steak is awesome!
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X