• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few updated photos and info at link below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

• Originally posted by limoguy View Post
      Thanks Buffalo Chip.Hope your back is better. This football season will be a different year without All the Money. Miss him.
      Back is horrible, middle back. Had to cancel our cruise. Should be in Grand Cayman today. I get a sedation MRI next Tuesday. They better put me out good. I can't lay flat. Excrutiating pain. Stupid pain is non stop and varies from a 5 to a 10. 5 weeks now. Hopefully the MRI can find out what's wrong. Gonna need a wheelchair for the first game.

Yeah, I really miss Thom. We talked nearly everyday. I was a receptive ear for him to talk about his health issues. Plus hours a week about WT. He was my conduit. He knew everybody. He had a way about him. He was able to approach and talk with the young players. Befriend them. Make them feel comfortable. He was good with small talk. I wish I had that knack.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Back is horrible, middle back. Had to cancel our cruise. Should be in Grand Cayman today. I get a sedation MRI next Tuesday. They better put me out good. I can't lay flat. Excrutiating pain. Stupid pain is non stop and varies from a 5 to a 10. 5 weeks now. Hopefully the MRI can find out what's wrong. Gonna need a wheelchair for the first game.

Yeah, I really miss Thom. We talked nearly everyday. I was a receptive ear for him to talk about his health issues. Plus hours a week about WT. He was my conduit. He knew everybody. He had a way about him. He was able to approach and talk with the young players. Befriend them. Make them feel comfortable. He was good with small talk. I wish I had that knack.
        Hope you get the back issues squared away and can get some relief. Having back pain/troubles is miserable and mine have never been as bad as you describe.

Comment

• Stadium looks about 99%-100% completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
            Stadium looks about 99%-100% completed.
            Weird that they said they would be finished on time and they are going to be finished on time...I wonder what % of time that actually happens in major construction projects like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

Weird that they said they would be finished on time and they are going to be finished on time...I wonder what % of time that actually happens in major construction projects like this.
              This builder has a pretty good track record. Has had two 40 million dollar stadiums (Amarillo Baseball and WT Football) built in the last year and both were completed on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                A few updated photos and info at link below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

Hope you get the back issues squared away and can get some relief. Having back pain/troubles is miserable and mine have never been as bad as you describe.
                  And with the new pain protocols, I have not been given anything for pain. Nothing. It's ridiculous. Like some Tylenol 3 is going to turn me into a raging opioid addict. For 4 weeks they've been saying they're trying to get me into a pain clinic. Jeez! Just go a head and suffer is the medical commute's response. Severe pain? We don't give a sh!t.

Comment

7.8% of the time

At least on some of the ones that I finance. Contractors can be on a very different planet and fail to grasp the process.

Comment

• So from what I can see on the webcam...it looks like they just have to finish the scoreboard and then will need to finish the signage on the press box. Beyond that I bet the rest of the sod is being laid today. Wish I could see the inside of the press box, it looks good from pictures I've seen

Comment

• Where are they on the finish-out of the interiors?

Comment

• ......and the Buffs have taken to the field!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-29 082017.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	415231
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
                            Re: WT New Stadium

Does anyone have a link to the tailgating guidelines? I've scoured both wtamu.edu and gobuffsgo.com, but can't find anything other than a Parking Map.

http://buffalum.com/Newsletter.html
                            https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/8/28...-for-2019.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Sorry to hear about your back. I jacked my middle back once water skiing, and it was awful. Hopefully, they can figure out what is causing it and get you on the road to recovery soon! Enjoy the new stadium, it looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                                Re: WT New Stadium

I will add that just because a kid doesn't return does not mean the coaching staff is to blame. Based on the massive cuts last year and the few sound bites I have heard from Hughes he appears to run a tight program. If that is reality, some of these kids may have done things that caused the team to leave them (behavior/grades/lack of interest). To be clear, I am not trying to blame any one kid for an infraction without proof; just pointing out that you also can't blame the coach without proof for any one student's exit.

Secondly, how many who received decent playing time also left? Just thinking out loud, with so few players remaining I imagine one recruiting pitch was immediate playing time. If a kid signed wanting to play and lost a competition for the rotation that could also facilitate an exit.
                                BINGO! Almost every player believes or dreams of being in the NFL....the thought process is "I will never get drafted or signed if I don't get to show my skills"..... The second reason is $$$. When you are signing 60 players, they are getting NOTHING, but are sold that IF you do well the $$$ will come. Then by year 2 the $$$ isn't there UNLESS they are one of a few CRITICAL players. BYE-BYE.

I absolutely DO NOT agree with signing so many players. It is NOT in the best interest of the student-athlete. It ONLY serves in the best interest of the HC & his staff. This is why the NFL has a players union. Student-athletes need better rules to look out for what's best for them. It should be a WIN-WIN for both the student-athlete & the program.

I believe all levels of NCAA should have 60-70 active players MAXIMUM, and maybe another 20-25 tops, in reserve (RS), trying to make the team. So never more that 85-95 including RS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X