Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The view from my seats. It was great game experience.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
      The view from my seats. It was great game experience.
      Nice picture. I thought the game was sold out?

Comment

• It was but WT fans like to sit on the grass. What that picture doesn't show is that the grass berm that is supposed to be for overflow was completely packed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Nice picture. I thought the game was sold out?
          It was sold out for GA. But my guess is they left seats opens for current students. Also took the pic at beginning of the game, it fill up a little more by second quarter. But I guesstimate about 2k empty seat on the East side.

Comment

It was sold out for GA. But my guess is they left seats opens for current students. Also took the pic at beginning of the game, it fill up a little more by second quarter. But I guesstimate about 2k empty seat on the East side.
            So there were 4,000 on the grass? Official attendance was more than 10,000

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

So there were 4,000 on the grass? Official attendance was more than 10,000

Comment

• Comment

• Pics of the crowd.

Comment

• By half time there was probably around 1000 on the grass Berm and about a hundred VIP with endzone field seats. They had it roped off but people sat there anyways. I don't think they intended for people to sit on the berm this game. Trying to figure out the kinks of the stadium and who would sit in the grass and what game day would be like. Now they know. Hopefully next game they will sell more general admission.(My family and I sat on the goal line on the west side)

Atmosphere was rocking though! Definitely was a blast especially when the Buffs got on a roll in the 3rd quarter.
                    Last edited by BuffTough; 09-08-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• I know I had alot of friends and family who were still trying to buy tickets but the game was "sold out". I bet they sell at least another 1500-2000 tickets for homecoming to fill that second deck.

Comment

• This was as full as it got (late 3rd quarter). There were not near enough tickets sold. Same as BuffTough, we had folks saying they would have liked to have gone. Hopefully they get it right for Homecoming.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=5E09FB68

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...98&oe=5E03A939

Comment

remember that a lot of people that go to the game are coming from tiny towns where you don't sit on the "visitors" side. maybe soon people might figure out that there is no visitors side. they never figured that out at the other stadium and it was there for nearly a century. people are funny.

Comment

• Official attendance reported was 10145. I don't doubt it. Walking around the entire stadium, there had to be 2000 people sitting on the south berm and just standing in the shade on the west & east sides. If those people would have sat on the east side, it would have been full like the west side. Great venue and wonderful addition to WT. Nice win for the Buffs. Tailgating was the best it's ever been. So nice to have everything on campus. Creates a real major college game day atmosphere at WT. The traffic after the game moved well too.

Comment

• I second that. I think the traffic actually moved better than it did at Kimbrough. Plus the parking was a none issue. I know some people had to walk from the FUB but they said the distance was comparible to Kimbrough. It's a little over half a mile from the FUB to the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

remember that a lot of people that go to the game are coming from tiny towns where you don't sit on the "visitors" side. maybe soon people might figure out that there is no visitors side. they never figured that out at the other stadium and it was there for nearly a century. people are funny.
                                I personally do not think they should allow people to sit on the south berm until the east upper level is full. I hope they adjust it for game 2. I kept looking around at people standing instead of going to the upper level on the "visitor" side. I think you hit the nail on the head

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X