Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will always be people that will stand on the west instead of sitting on the east. Early in the season, the Sun makes it hard to sit on the East side, My seats are club level West side. There were a lot of people that never went to their seats in front of the club. Watched the game om big screen TV's. That number will probably increase with colder weather.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Just a note - a "visitors side" no longer exists. A small number of seats on the NW corner (next to the visitor team stairs) are reserved for the visiting fans. The balance of the east side, upper & lower, is reserved & general admission for WT fans along with the Maroon Platoon being located directly behind the visiting team (midfield to the 35 both directions). The Maroon Platoon was very well represented & the most "active" group of WT supporters. Loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

remember that a lot of people that go to the game are coming from tiny towns where you don't sit on the "visitors" side. maybe soon people might figure out that there is no visitors side. they never figured that out at the other stadium and it was there for nearly a century. people are funny.
        True

Comment

• You guys have to be proud this week. Awesome stadium. Awesome comeback for the first win of the season.

Electricity is back in WT. CONGRATS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            You guys have to be proud this week. Awesome stadium. Awesome comeback for the first win of the season.

Electricity is back in WT. CONGRATS!!
            You can tell is "electricity" back at WT by the lack of WBB and WVB threads started by disgruntled WT fans.

Question is, how long will it last?

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post
              You can tell is "electricity" back at WT by the lack of WBB and WVB threads started by disgruntled WT fans.

Till Oct. 15th - first WBB practice

Comment

Really hope it carries over to the other sports

Comment

hahaha. That's just wrong!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Till Oct. 15th - first WBB practice
                    You an accountant or is that just when practice starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

You an accountant or is that just when practice starts?
                      Just when practice starts. Most of the girls are playing in pick-up games now or shooting 3's.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                        Schedule shows the following:

Asuza Pacific--6:00pm
                        WNMU--5:00pm
                        Central WA--5:00pm
                        ASU--4:00pm
                        TAMUC--4:00pm
                        MSU--2:00pm
                        West Texas A&M have announced time changes for its home football games against Western New Mexico and Angelo State.�

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                          Re: WT New Stadium

8,500 plus seating on the grassy knoll (can handle another 1000 or so). None of the SOTA amenities or tech stuff has been cut. Stadium is configured to easily add additional seating. Better join the Buffalo Club if you want first dibs on season ticket reserved seating. Expect ticket prices to creep up a few bucks per seat. Hey, it's called supply and demand. If the team comes along and we get back in the top tier competing for an LSC championship demand will far outstrip supply. I'm told if that happens, the stadium will be expanded with revenue bond financing. I fully expect to see a 10,000-11,000 seat stadium within 5 years.

The most recent 3D drawings/video show a terrific looking facility.
                          I've been looking at old posts. Some of these are pretty funny, including some of mine.

Comment

Nutso. Why don't they make it 4000 so it will be really packed out? Or 2000 and make it REALLY deluxe? Or about how seating for 200, but all of those get to sit in massage chairs?

What happened to this, that the student referendum was for?

http://www.wtamu.edu/about/student-s....aspx#capacity

http://www.canyonnews.com/students-v...ampus-stadium/
                            :)

Comment

Too late to cry over Kimbrough. She's gone. But I do think the 8000 capacity deal at Buffalo Bowl II isn't right. The students didn't vote to build that at least that I've read. I don't think it is morally right to spend the students' funds on something they didn't vote for. I mean we are talking a stadium that is only two thirds of what they voted for. If I was the WT president I just couldn't do that.

You have only two ethical solutions. The first is to go back to the students with the much smaller stadium and have them vote on that. If they vote it down, you rent Kimbrough until you can build a new field. The second is to rent Kimbrough for another season or two and raise the necessary dollars outside of the student tax to fund a stadium that the students voted for.

To proceed with building a 8000 seat stadium when the students agreed to a 12000 seat stadium is unconscionable. And if and when the local media up there gets a hold of this it is going to get really ugly really fast.
                              Dead on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

You are right. Last year the team had the worst record since Ronnie Jones was the coach, there is no question that it affected attendance. However, I think Hughes is a good hire and the team will improve rapidly.

The last year we had a good football team was 2013 - Nesbitt's "caretaker" year. We had 3 home games where attendance was over 11K, including homecoming, which was almost 14K.

When asking the students to vote for the new stadium, the administration pointed out it was to offer more than saving the students a painful 5 minute drive 5 times a year. "Other proposed uses include outdoor commencement ceremonies each May (one commencement instead of three), outdoor concerts, Buff Branding activities and midnight pep rallies." Now the famed concerts and pep rallies, will be much more limited; the full student body can't even go. http://www.wtamu.edu/about/student-s...m-and-faq.aspx

I thought Dr Wendler did the right thing by rechecking the facts and figures. Yes the new stadium will cost no more than renovating Kimbrough they said - but they didn't mention it would be less than half the size. The new location seems better and supposedly saved money, but the train has gone off the track anyway. I wonder how many students would have voted for a such a small stadium? The referendum barely passed as it was.
                                Hilarious!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X