Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-Softball

NVM. See post below.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 05-13-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
      Order of finish:

WTAMU
      TSU
      TAMUK
      ASU
      ENMU
      CU
      UTPB

#2 seed beating #1 seed would hardly qualify as a huge upset.

Regionals will be announced at 9:00p CT tonight.
      WT is ranked 8th in the Nation. TSU is not ranked in the TOP 25. That's usually considered an upset. No??

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Thanks for the heads up. It's been awhile since I've been there. It was actually with AngeloFan years ago. I haven't stayed in San Angelo the last few times we played there so I'm out of the loop.
        Yes Sir.

I am not sure what happened to the place. It used to be one of my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          WT is ranked 8th in the Nation. TSU is not ranked in the TOP 25. That's usually considered an upset. No??

Comment

It is always a head scratcher in all sports. NCAA uses a computerized formula that looks at who the wins and losses were against. TSU gets the automatic bid and bumps ASU from the #6 spot.

Comment

One of the things that I noticed while watching the ASU/WT game on Friday was the lack of discipline from the WT Players. The strike zone was questionable at best, but the 1st baseman and 2nd baseman were constantly throwing their hands up in the air after not getting calls. The 2nd baseman got struck out looking to start the 2nd inning and had quite a few words to say to the home plate umpire. Then the SS had temper tantrum after she made a decent play that the 1st baseman dropped allowing ASU a baserunner. Then Halpert threw a tantrum in the circle literally stomping her feet after not getting a call. It was painful to watch. The infield kind of self destructed on everyone.

Also, I noticed that about midway through the WT/ASU game, Ashley Hardin wasn't playing. She didn't move much from the end of the bench the rest of the game so I assumed an injury. There was a lot of drama happening on the WT side of things throughout the whole game that definitely was a distraction. This years team wasn't near as focused or detailed as years past, but all in all they had a good year. If they had gone to Mesa, I believe they would have won that one as well.

How about an All LSC super regional for the 2nd straight year. Should be fun softball this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                For hotel, I like Staybridge Suites or Fairfield.

As far as restaurants, I have to object to LF's suggestion of Zentners Daughter. It USED to be good. Now, not so much. If you want a steak try Western Sky Steakhouse.

If you like Mexican, try Armenta's Cafe; or this dive place called El Paisano....(it may be next to General Tires' junk tire piles, but its good)

There are also plenty of chain restaurants.

Enjoy your trip.
                Very good summation! Also, check out Cork & Pig tavern, just down the street from the stadium. Great food and great dessert!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  One of the things that I noticed while watching the ASU/WT game on Friday was the lack of discipline from the WT Players. The strike zone was questionable at best, but the 1st baseman and 2nd baseman were constantly throwing their hands up in the air after not getting calls. The 2nd baseman got struck out looking to start the 2nd inning and had quite a few words to say to the home plate umpire. Then the SS had temper tantrum after she made a decent play that the 1st baseman dropped allowing ASU a baserunner. Then Halpert threw a tantrum in the circle literally stomping her feet after not getting a call. It was painful to watch. The infield kind of self destructed on everyone.

Also, I noticed that about midway through the WT/ASU game, Ashley Hardin wasn't playing. She didn't move much from the end of the bench the rest of the game so I assumed an injury. There was a lot of drama happening on the WT side of things throughout the whole game that definitely was a distraction. This years team wasn't near as focused or detailed as years past, but all in all they had a good year. If they had gone to Mesa, I believe they would have won that one as well.

How about an All LSC super regional for the 2nd straight year. Should be fun softball this weekend!
                  I wondered why Hardin was pulled but played in the evening game. I also wondered why Allie Smith spent her final game on the bench after a stellar career.

I think the team was ready for the season to be over. It showed up big time in the evening game.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    I wondered why Hardin was pulled but played in the evening game. I also wondered why Allie Smith spent her final game on the bench after a stellar career.

I think the team was ready for the season to be over. It showed up big time in the evening game.
                    Maybe Abrams is trying to coach like Blaskowski. Sounds like something he would do. He didn't play Bayer in the last game of the Denver world series. Abrams will probably be back, but it sure might not be a bad idea to start over with a new coach!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I assumed she was injured, I didn't realize that she played the late game that evening. Could have made things interesting, I believe her spot in the order came up in the top of the 7th with 2 on. Her bat could have tied that game.

Comment

Quick question for Angelo folks: My dog-sitter fell through so Ruby the Chihuahua dog will be road-tripping it with us this weekend. Is there an area at the softball field that allows dogs? I know here in Commerce dogs are allowed at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Quick question for Angelo folks: My dog-sitter fell through so Ruby the Chihuahua dog will be road-tripping it with us this weekend. Is there an area at the softball field that allows dogs? I know here in Commerce dogs are allowed at the game.
                          Animals are not permitted within the fence of the stadium. That said, if you get there early you can park right up next to the fence and still see most of the field. Didn't picture you to be a Chihuahua guy!:laugh:

Comment

Animals are not permitted within the fence of the stadium. That said, if you get there early you can park right up next to the fence and still see most of the field. Didn't picture you to be a Chihuahua guy!:laugh:
                            haha, not a chihuahua guy, but this was a rescue that needed help pretty bad 5 years ago. She was good company for my shepherd/coyote hybrid for the last year of her life, as she had lost her hearing. I had the chihuahua trained within a week to alert the big dog if someone was at the door. She has grown on me, but this will be the last chihuahua for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              haha, not a chihuahua guy, but this was a rescue that needed help pretty bad 5 years ago. She was good company for my shepherd/coyote hybrid for the last year of her life, as she had lost her hearing. I had the chihuahua trained within a week to alert the big dog if someone was at the door. She has grown on me, but this will be the last chihuahua for me.
                              When I was a young teen my Mom decided to adopt a 5 yr old female chihuahua that evidently had been abused. She was terrified of any man, but would warm up to women. She and I had a difficult relationship but it did improve over the years. My Dad, who had grown up on a farm and used dogs to herd animals, was astonished at how worthless this dog was. Even so I still miss her.

You might be able to get the dog in the stadium if you have some paperwork claiming it's an anxiety dog. I've noticed dogs of all sizes appearing on cruise ships with this same paperwork. They have pallets of grass on deck for them to do their business.

Last year I went to the first game of the season in Canyon, only to find an old couple - and their anxiety dog - in my seats. They did not want to move, even though I showed them the seat had my name on it. When we left for lunch and came back from the afternoon game they had moved back into my seats and left a mess. Thankfully their team was eliminated early from the tournament.

Comment

Unless they are a service animal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X