Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-Softball

I am SOOOO impressed with Commerce. That program is on fire and to get this far in such a short period of time is amazing.

Congrats to Commerce on a great season.

Comment

Congrats to ASU. They were the better team today, and have been the best team in this region all year. They certainly deserve it, and I expect they will win the whole thing this yr with those senior pitchers.

Commerce is in a good place. We lose 4 Sr players. Selena Rima was our first pitching signee when the program started, Monica Cherry was a solid performer both offensively and defensively, Baylea Higgs is one of, if not the best, defensive CF in the country and a dangerous hitter, and Mariah Jameyson is, for my money, hands-down the best all-around player in the country - they will be missed. Everyone else is back, and several of the youngsters that got no playing time in the tourney are going to be beasts (most notably freshman Kimber Neal). Kinseay Hebler is just finishing her sophomore season, and could certainly develop into the offensive weapon that Jameyson has been - oh, and she has already pitched 2 no-hitters for us. Emily Otto is going to be special. Her development this year from the start of the season to now has been phenomenal. She was one dropped fly ball from beating Angelo yesterday - with 8 Ks and one walk. Im excited that she will be here for 3 more years. What she will be capable of with more strength conditioning, increased velocity, and experience - sky is the limit.

4 years into the program, and we are here already - cant ask for more. Bruister is a great coach with a great team of assistants, and his recruiting has been impressive. Looking forward to more of these playoff weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        She appears to be a stud! That is one thing that we will have to replace this year. We are losing a TON of pitching experience. However, we have signed a JUCO girl that is leading the NJCAA in strikeouts with over 300 for the year. Also signed a big time girl from PNG that is expected to come in and contribute right away. But let's go win one more game today and then go win the whole thing in Salem and then we can talk about next year!
        What is PNG

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          Congrats to ASU. They were the better team today, and have been the best team in this region all year. They certainly deserve it, and I expect they will win the whole thing this yr with those senior pitchers.

Commerce is in a good place. We lose 4 Sr players. Selena Rima was our first pitching signee when the program started, Monica Cherry was a solid performer both offensively and defensively, Baylea Higgs is one of, if not the best, defensive CF in the country and a dangerous hitter, and Mariah Jameyson is, for my money, hands-down the best all-around player in the country - they will be missed. Everyone else is back, and several of the youngsters that got no playing time in the tourney are going to be beasts (most notably freshman Kimber Neal). Kinseay Hebler is just finishing her sophomore season, and could certainly develop into the offensive weapon that Jameyson has been - oh, and she has already pitched 2 no-hitters for us. Emily Otto is going to be special. Her development this year from the start of the season to now has been phenomenal. She was one dropped fly ball from beating Angelo yesterday - with 8 Ks and one walk. Im excited that she will be here for 3 more years. What she will be capable of with more strength conditioning, increased velocity, and experience - sky is the limit.

4 years into the program, and we are here already - cant ask for more. Bruister is a great coach with a great team of assistants, and his recruiting has been impressive. Looking forward to more of these playoff weekends.
          Sounds great. Try winning the LSC in year two and a national championship in year three of your program.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            Sounds great. Try winning the LSC in year two and a national championship in year three of your program.
            We did try.

Comment

What is PNG
              I guessing Port Niches-Groves High School down by Beaumont.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                Your guessing is correct

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                  They start girls really early over there and play year round

Comment

Here's the World Series bracket. Unfortunately I will be traveling and will miss the championship game(s) and some of the others. Good luck Angelo State!

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bra...ftball/d2/2018

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Here's the World Series bracket. Unfortunately I will be traveling and will miss the championship game(s) and some of the others. Good luck Angelo State!

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bra...ftball/d2/2018
                      Thanks for link.
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 05-19-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

What is PNG
                        Port Neches Grove

Comment

GOOD LUCK to the Belles!!!!

#GoASU
                          #RAMFAM

Comment

I know I am being a diva here, but is it too much to ask for that at the National Championship we should be able to watch a camera view that doesn't look through a chain link fence?

Watching North Georgia and Southern Indiana right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              I know I am being a diva here, but is it too much to ask for that at the National Championship we should be able to watch a camera view that doesn't look through a chain link fence?

Watching North Georgia and Southern Indiana right now.
                              North Georgia & Southern Indiana are through 4 1/2 innings in just under an hour. There has been a total of 2 hits. Lots of good pitching going on.

Comment

North Georgia (the #1 seed and Unanimous #1 team in the country) loses just their 3rd game all year 1-0 to Southern Indiana. That will make a tough elimination game for whoever loses this second game between ASU & West Chester.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X