Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-Softball

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Ragged first games. Tons of improvement needed by WT. Except for Moore, our big guns were pretty silent. Ashley Hardin, Allie Smith, Courtenay Coveny, and Alyx Cordell didn't swing the bat all that well. I was impressed with both Augustana pitchers. WT's Kylee Moore can hit the ball a country mile!!!

It was 38 degrees at the end of game 2. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing much at all.
    Augustana is also a good team that went 40-16 last year and lost in the regional final to Minnesota State Mankato who won the National Championship. So I think it was a good day to come away with two wins.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
      Augustana is also a good team that went 40-16 last year and lost in the regional final to Minnesota State Mankato who won the National Championship. So I think it was a good day to come away with two wins.
      I'd certainly take both Augustana freshmen pitchers for the WT staff. I hope the Lair kid from Canyon can come in next year and be as good as both those Augie girls were. Agustana's gonna win a lot of games the next four years with those two.

Comment

Ragged first games. Tons of improvement needed by WT. Except for Moore, our big guns were pretty silent. Ashley Hardin, Allie Smith, Courtenay Coveny, and Alyx Cordell didn't swing the bat all that well. I was impressed with both Augustana pitchers. WT's Kylee Moore can hit the ball a country mile!!!

It was 38 degrees at the end of game 2. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing much at all.
        I agree with you on most of the batters, plus McBroom. Allie Smith hit .600 yesterday so that meets my expectations. She also had the first 2 hits of the second game.

Even though McLemore gave up 11 hits, she still only gave up one run in 7 innings, partly due to better defensive play than in the first game. I'm also interested to see the other pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          I agree with you on most of the batters, plus McBroom. Allie Smith hit .600 yesterday so that meets my expectations. She also had the first 2 hits of the second game.

Even though McLemore gave up 11 hits, she still only gave up one run in 7 innings, partly due to better defensive play than in the first game. I'm also interested to see the other pitchers.
          Haha!

I believe most folks just write "+1" rather than itemize their agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
            Haha!

I believe most folks just write "+1" rather than itemize their agreement.
            Try reading both posts again. Does it sound like I agreed that Allie Smith did not bat well?

Comment

WT's first game today was delayed by other games running long. It is just about to start.

Comment

ASU dropped their game against Colorado Mesa (the regional runner up from last year, which graduated 1 bench player) 3-1. Their girl had a no hitter going into the 5th when Karina Rocha hit a homerun. We got 2 girls on in the 7th but couldn't push them across. Mesa is going to be really good. Their pitcher is a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  ASU dropped their game against Colorado Mesa (the regional runner up from last year, which graduated 1 bench player) 3-1. Their girl had a no hitter going into the 5th when Karina Rocha hit a homerun. We got 2 girls on in the 7th but couldn't push them across. Mesa is going to be really good. Their pitcher is a stud!
                  Mesa has been really good for a while. In 2016 we had 3 playoff games against them. They won the first by a run, then we won the next two by a run each, after trailing going into the 7th inning each time.

WT managed to sweep Augustana with a win today. The game against Regis is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    You can ride a stud pitcher all the way to the NC. WT did in '14 with Rita Hokianga.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Mesa has been really good for a while. In 2016 we had 3 playoff games against them. They won the first by a run, then we won the next two by a run each, after trailing going into the 7th inning each time.

WT managed to sweep Augustana with a win today. The game against Regis is underway.
                      Commerce opened 2-0 today by a combined score of 23-2. Tomorrow we have a doubleheader with #22 St Marys and #8 Colorado Mesa. Got 3 hr from Soph. Kinsey Hebler (P,1B) and one from C Mariah Jameyson. Good start.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        Commerce opened 2-0 today by a combined score of 23-2. Tomorrow we have a doubleheader with #22 St Marys and #8 Colorado Mesa. Got 3 hr from Soph. Kinsey Hebler (P,1B) and one from C Mariah Jameyson. Good start.
                        Congrats on the nice start. Good luck tomorrow, St Mary's is always tough to beat.

Comment

You can ride a stud pitcher all the way to the NC. WT did in '14 with Rita Hokianga.
                          ASU saw how well you can do it in the NCAA finals last year!

That Minnesota State pitcher was phenomenal, and a pretty small girl, unlike a lot of your better softball pitchers.

Comment

Commerce just handled St Marys 8-2. Second win of the season for Freshman P Emily Otto. Todays line: 7IP, 2R, 6H, 0BB, 10K. She is gonna be a good one. Got Mesa coming up in an hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Commerce just handled St Marys 8-2. Second win of the season for Freshman P Emily Otto. Todays line: 7IP, 2R, 6H, 0BB, 10K. She is gonna be a good one. Got Mesa coming up in an hour or so.
                              That's a great win! Good luck with Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                                ASU saw how well you can do it in the NCAA finals last year!

That Minnesota State pitcher was phenomenal, and a pretty small girl, unlike a lot of your better softball pitchers.
                                Yeah, Coley Ries went 41-3 with a 1.05 ERA. She was amazing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X