Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-Softball

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Im realistically hoping for 2 wins in each series at home. They are unbeaten here this year and these series will determine host for the conference championships, so there will be that little bit of extra motivation.
    IF we win out, I believe that we would end up hosting but that will be tough to do especially considering the way Commerce is playing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      IF we win out, I believe that we would end up hosting but that will be tough to do especially considering the way Commerce is playing right now.
      Yep, it will by you guys or us, and you will need to sweep us most likely.

Comment

If anyone is headed to Commerce for the ET/WT games this weekend, the first game has been moved back to a 3 pm start time - Double header, and Sundays game is scheduled for 2pm start.

Comment

Commerce and WT split the double header today. In game one Freshman Commerce pitcher Emily Otto threw a gem of a 7 inning no hitter. I think WT hit the ball hard maybe twice the whole game. In game 2 the Buffs bounced Commerce 8-2 for our first home loss of the season. I knew we were in trouble game 2 when WT's first hit of the day was a ball that bounced out of our right fielders glove and over the fence as she hit the wall trying to make what would have been a great grab. Game 3 tomorrow should be intense, as Commerce now has 3 LSC losses and Angelo and WT each have 4. These last few weeks every game will be huge.

Comment

This weekend made the conference championship more of a possibility for the Belles. If they win out up to Commerce and win that series, I believe that would put the Belles as the regular season champ. Could be a lot of fun coming down the stretch. Again, the LSC is showing that it is the strongest conference in the country.

Comment

This weekend made the conference championship more of a possibility for the Belles. If they win out up to Commerce and win that series, I believe that would put the Belles as the regular season champ. Could be a lot of fun coming down the stretch. Again, the LSC is showing that it is the strongest conference in the country.
              If WT wins out, and Angelo / Commerce both drop 2 of their remaining 9 conference games, WT would be conference champions. WT clearly has the easiest remaining path of the three schools, and with Angelo still having to play Cameron/Commerce and Commerce still to play Angelo/TWU, there's a good chance that could happen. TWU stole one from Angelo and Cameron from Commerce. Will be an exciting finish.

Comment

Not for sure how LSC goes about deciding position since diff # total games, but if TAMC & ASU split 2-1 it really gets interesting & if they slip just one other time . . .

1. WT 23-4 = 0.8519
                2. TAMC or ASU 25-5 = 0.8333
                3. TAMC or ASU 24-6 = 0.8000

Bottom line anything may be possible so each team better look out for themselves. I too like WT's remaining schedule, but we sure seem less than a sure thing every time out.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                  Not for sure how LSC goes about deciding position since diff # total games, but if TAMC & ASU split 2-1 it really gets interesting & if they slip just one other time . . .

1. WT 23-4 = 0.8519
                  2. TAMC or ASU 25-5 = 0.8333
                  3. TAMC or ASU 24-6 = 0.8000

Bottom line anything may be possible so each team better look out for themselves. I too like WT's remaining schedule, but we sure seem less than a sure thing every time out.
                  They do it by winning %. Canceled games do not count. Bad that LSC does not have a formula to account for that. I think twice in the last four years TSU made the LSC baseball tournament because they didn't play a series.
                  Last edited by AngeloFan; 04-09-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

WT did a really good job pitching around our power for 2 of the 3 games. gonna be fun to see how this unfolds.

Comment

This coming weekend will be huge for both ASU & Commerce. The winner of the series will have the inside track at hosting the conference tournament. Both teams are playing really well right now and so is WT. Our pitchers threw extremely well this weekend (granted against UTPB) with back to back no hitters in the first two games. If we can continue to pitch like that (not saying we are going to no hit you guys) I like our chances. But it should be a great series. If we weren't doing my daughter's 4th birthday this weekend, I thought about coming up for the series.

Comment

This coming weekend will be huge for both ASU & Commerce. The winner of the series will have the inside track at hosting the conference tournament. Both teams are playing really well right now and so is WT. Our pitchers threw extremely well this weekend (granted against UTPB) with back to back no hitters in the first two games. If we can continue to pitch like that (not saying we are going to no hit you guys) I like our chances. But it should be a great series. If we weren't doing my daughter's 4th birthday this weekend, I thought about coming up for the series.
                        Hopefully we continue to swing the bats like we did last weekend, but your quality pitching will make it a challenge. Waiting to see what happens with the weather -supposed to rain Friday & Saturday out here.

Comment

Schedule change for this weekends TAMUC/ASU softball games due to expected bad weather. Doubleheader will be Friday. First game starts at 4pm. Single game Saturday at 1 pm.

Comment

Two great games today between these two. Championship caliber defense being played.

Comment

Two great games today between these two. Championship caliber defense being played.
                              I missed the games yesterday. From the sound of it they could have gone either way. Good job by the Rambelles, locking up home field for the LSC championships. Going today if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                I missed the games yesterday. From the sound of it they could have gone either way. Good job by the Rambelles, locking up home field for the LSC championships. Going today if the weather cooperates.
                                If WT wins out and Angelo splits today, the Lady Buffs could host based on the percentages.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X