Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT-Softball

Looking like a rain out in Commerce today. They have rescheduled for 4:30PM, but Im not too optimistic. Supposed to be Sr. Day, last home game for Mariah Jameyson, Monica
    Cherry, Selena Rima, and Baylea Higgs. I imagine we will want to play it if there is any way possible.

Comment

It evidently rained in Kingsville today. WT was scheduled to play at 1pm but they are still working on the field.

The webcam looks good.

https://boxcast.tv/view/sb-vs-west-texas-am-2-286541

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        If WT wins out and Angelo splits today, the Lady Buffs could host based on the percentages.
        Lady Buffs played well for about half of each game. McLemore entered to pitch in the first one. Enough said.

Tied 2-2 in the 7th, stupid errors got the win for Kingsville. The Lady Buffs looked jetlagged.

Comment

WT drops 2 more games today - 4 straight losses including their first run rule game (8-0) in several years.

Based on the lineups, it looks like Candace is more concerned about next year than being in the playoffs.

Comment

Looks as if ASU Belles are now driving and have sent everyone else to the back of the bus. The only real blemish was the series loss to Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
              Looks as if ASU Belles are now driving and have sent everyone else to the back of the bus. The only real blemish was the series loss to Tarleton.
              Took us to the wood shed today. I had high hopes for this team up til the last 2 weeks. Its pretty clear that, while we have an excellent team, we are still a step or 2 down the ladder from the established programs like WT and ASU. However, we are in only our 4th year as a program and I think we will get there sooner rather than later.
              Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 04-22-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

What happened to WT this weekend? Lost 2 to Kingsville and then go and get swept by TAMUI with one of them being a run rule?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Took us to the wood shed today. I had high hopes for this team up til the last 2 weeks. Its pretty clear that, while we have an excellent team, we are still a step or 2 down the ladder from the established programs like WT and ASU. However, we are in only our 4th year as a program and I think we will get there sooner rather than later.
                  Why didn't Otto pitch except for the 1st game? She was very good on Friday. I think I said it earlier in the thread, if we can continue to pitch like we did this weekend, we will be a tough out going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    Why didn't Otto pitch except for the 1st game? She was very good on Friday. I think I said it earlier in the thread, if we can continue to pitch like we did this weekend, we will be a tough out going forward.
                    I think because the writing was on the wall for hosting the tournament. Otto is really good, and a true freshman. I think mostly they wanted to get Lacie Bullard some reps. She is an excellent pitcher but has been injured and out most of the year. Her first action all season was the previous weekend vs WNMU.

Comment

WT softball is like a wounded animal right now. Be very careful when approaching because they are not dead and you may be surprised about their reaction.

Comment

Coach Candace Abrams discusses WT's situation.

https://youtu.be/5TtNjFSsoWU

Comment

Originally posted by sobafish View Post
                          WT softball is like a wounded animal right now. Be very careful when approaching because they are not dead and you may be surprised about their reaction.
                          That is true, this is an extremely talented team who just isn't playing well right now. They will be a tough out going forward. I don't think anyone who plays them will underestimate them.

But as with a wounded animal, if you can put them down quickly it makes it that much easier

Comment

For right now, t5he LSC has five of the eight regional spots. Chances are that ASU will knock Cameron out of playoff contention this week end but that will leave four. Of course Cameron could knock off ASU and move up a couple of spots. Because the LSC tournament is a one and done so chances are that a loss there will not have a major impact on regional rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                              For right now, t5he LSC has five of the eight regional spots. Chances are that ASU will knock Cameron out of playoff contention this week end but that will leave four. Of course Cameron could knock off ASU and move up a couple of spots. Because the LSC tournament is a one and done so chances are that a loss there will not have a major impact on regional rankings.
                              A few strange things in the regional rankings: Commerce swept Tarleton and are now ranked below them and Im kinda surprised Colo Christian didnt jump to 4th after taking 2 of 4 from Mesa last weekend.

Comment

I am always surprised at how soft the RMAC conference as a whole is. Not saying Mesa isn't good, because they are, but I don't think they would have near the record they do right now if they had to run the gauntlet that is the LSC. Should be a fun couple of weeks from here on out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X