Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Softball

The season begins today. WT's schedule for the weekend is below.

Thursday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 & 4:00 PM

Friday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 PM

Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 4:00 PM

Sunday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 1:00 PM

Re: OT-Softball

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    The season begins today. WT's schedule for the weekend is below.

Thursday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 & 4:00 PM

Friday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Augustana @ 2:00 PM

Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 4:00 PM

Sunday
    Lady Buff Softball vs. Regis @ 1:00 PM
    Got my long johns out. It's gonna be chilly today. High of 50. And once the sun goes behind the stands mid-afternoon, it'll be cold for us fans. Good luck Candace and the new Lady Buff regime. Good luck to our players. Have a great season!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Got my long johns out. It's gonna be chilly today. High of 50. And once the sun goes behind the stands mid-afternoon, it'll be cold for us fans. Good luck Candace and the new Lady Buff regime. Good luck to our players. Have a great season!
      Good luck! I am looking forward to Commerce softball this season. Our pitchers for the last 2 seasons are entering their Junior year, and have shown improvement every time out. We probably have the best catcher in DII in Mariah Jameyson. If our outfield play has improved we should be a playoff team this season.

Comment

Wish I could be there, but will be watching the webcam.

Comment

There it is! I knew someone from WT would start the Softball thread...just got the person wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            There it is! I knew someone from WT would start the Softball thread...just got the person wrong!
            Angelo overwhelmingly picked to repeat. WT an unknown quantity with the coaching change.

Comment

It usually is me. I see Brandi Marlett is considered the top pitcher in the LSC. I think that's accurate. She's scary.

POPS will probably be around later to heckle me for starting this thread.

Comment

Angelo overwhelmingly picked to repeat. WT an unknown quantity with the coaching change.
                We finished #2 in the poll. I think Candace is up to the challenge.

Comment

We will see how much of a void is left without Kennedy Urbany. While Brandy is the better pitcher, Kennedy was the heart of last years team. I think we picked up enough offense with newcomers to help replace her but having someone to step into the circle for her will be tough to replace. Let's see if Morgan Hill can build on her 10-0 record from last year.

I am interested to see how WT does with the new coach and all of the things that went with the coaching change. Should be a fun year in the LSC. Lots of good teams

Comment

It usually is me. I see Brandi Marlett is considered the top pitcher in the LSC. I think that's accurate. She's scary.

POPS will probably be around later to heckle me for starting this thread.
                    I'm just busting your chops about softball. It is probably my favorite sport to follow at ASU due to the ability to know the coaching staff and team a little bit. Makes it fun. If any of you folks come to Angelo to watch softball, be sure to come by the BBQ pit and grab you some good food!

Comment

I'm just busting your chops about softball. It is probably my favorite sport to follow at ASU due to the ability to know the coaching staff and team a little bit. Makes it fun. If any of you folks come to Angelo to watch softball, be sure to come by the BBQ pit and grab you some good food!
                      No problem. Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I ever make it to Angelo.

Candace wins her first game at WT, 9-8 over Augustana, with 4 runs being scored by each team in the 7th inning. It wasn't pretty, but they trailed most of the time. A lot of defensive confusion, though only 1 official error. They will improve as the infield learns to work together.

Looks like 2 immediate impact players, Van Gurp at short stop, and McLemore in right field.

Comment

No problem. Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I ever make it to Angelo.

Candace wins her first game at WT, 9-8 over Augustana, with 4 runs being scored by each team in the 7th inning. It wasn't pretty, but they trailed most of the time. A lot of defensive confusion, though only 1 official error. They will improve as the infield learns to work together.

Looks like 2 immediate impact players, Van Gurp at short stop, and McLemore in right field.
                        Good win for WT (watched it on the computer at work shhh). Looked like the first game of the season for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Good win for WT (watched it on the computer at work shhh). Looked like the first game of the season for both teams.
                          I'm sure you enjoyed seeing the VIXIA emblem a hundred times during the first game.

Augustana has some fine pitchers. In the second game they started a freshman who struck out her first 3 batters, and has 6 strikeouts in 2 innings. Hopefully she will get tired!

McLemore is pitching, WT trails 1-0

Comment

Kylee Moore bats in all of WT's runs, including a single homer and a grand slam in the bottom of the 7th. WT wins 5-1.

Excellent pitching by both pitchers, Augustana's Elliott, who was pulled just before Moore's bomb, and McLemore, who gave up 1 run in the first inning but completed the game.

Comment

Ragged first games. Tons of improvement needed by WT. Except for Moore, our big guns were pretty silent. Ashley Hardin, Allie Smith, Courtenay Coveny, and Alyx Cordell didn't swing the bat all that well. I was impressed with both Augustana pitchers. WT's Kylee Moore can hit the ball a country mile!!!

It was 38 degrees at the end of game 2. Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing much at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X