• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We-Are-Lions
    replied
    Re: Rivalry ?

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    "That aside, let me tell you what really gets me about MSU. First, they really think they are just better than Commerce is." - I mean you havent beaten us two years in a row since 99 (Technically, you had beaten us 10 straight times before that)? Since 99 you have only beaten us Twice...So ya statistically speaking over the past 18 years, We are better than you. That doesn't mean we over look you. We know that Commerce is a strong team. Since Colby took over the average margin of victory for MSU is only 3.8 Points.

But Hey, I think MSU should change their Slogan to "No matter the outcome, We are still better than Commerce." :loser:
    I won't try to defend Lion Wire... but your comments have so much less effect after this postseason. "No matter the outcome, Midwestern should worry more about Mankato."

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied

Current 17-18 Directors Cup Standings

6. West Texas A&M
    30. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 16-17 Standings

7. West Texas A&M
    64. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 15-16 Standings

11. West Texas A&M
    98. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 14-15 Standings

9. West Texas A&M
    89. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 13-14 Standings

2. West Texas A&M
    182. Texas A&M Commerce

But yes, we are so envious of the Athletic Program of all mighty Commerce and our AD absolutely hates winning coaches.

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    You should go join CNN or some other news network. Why let facts get in the way of a good story? TAMUC has a strong basketball program ? Let's see 51-45 in conference the last 6 years hardly screams strong or puts fear into the other conference foes. I would say mediocre or average at best. It would take a novel to respond to the other opinions printed in this article. Let's just say those yellow and navy shades you are sporting blinded you to reality and put you in the lead for homer of the year.
    Hey they are 1-3 in the NCAA Regionals in that time frame. :bulgy-eyes: LMAO..... Only tourney win since 2005. But what a strong program.....

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    You should go join CNN or some other news network. Why let facts get in the way of a good story? TAMUC has a strong basketball program ? Let's see 51-45 in conference the last 6 years hardly screams strong or puts fear into the other conference foes. I would say mediocre or average at best. It would take a novel to respond to the other opinions printed in this article. Let's just say those yellow and navy shades you are sporting blinded you to reality and put you in the lead for homer of the year.

Baghdad Bob comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Casual_Observer
    replied

"That aside, let me tell you what really gets me about MSU. First, they really think they are just better than Commerce is." - I mean you havent beaten us two years in a row since 99 (Technically, you had beaten us 10 straight times before that)? Since 99 you have only beaten us Twice...So ya statistically speaking over the past 18 years, We are better than you. That doesn't mean we over look you. We know that Commerce is a strong team. Since Colby took over the average margin of victory for MSU is only 3.8 Points.

But Hey, I think MSU should change their Slogan to "No matter the outcome, We are still better than Commerce." :loser:

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    4. In 2013, there were about 10-20 Commerce fans at the game, they sat on the east side, no WT fans were on that side. The fans weren't booed. Give me a break.
    And for Bonus points...
    Been to every LSC stadium except WNM and I doubt that will ever happen. Never had home fans be anything but nice. There are a couple of real jerks at aTi but they direct their comments toward the players, not the visiting fans.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
    Took a poll on the 5 biggest rivals we have in Commerce, here they are.

https://thelionwire.com/2018/05/11/t...iggest-rivals/

Leave a comment:

• BJ Hawk
    replied

I was hoping to read some good rivalry stuff within the LSC, not a personal tirade. Lost some street cred or cool points in my opinion. There is not an announcer that you cannot say does not say stupid stuff on the air... or fans talking out their asses during or after the game. Seen it at every LSC stadium the past four seasons, to be honest some of the worst seen was from a group spewing their vial crap over the visiting locker room in Commerce. I put it on the group, not the entire Lion fan base.

I was ready to read about the head to head match ups, the hard hitting, good ole fashion rivals kind a stuff.

The talent was outstanding, the planets aligned, and the football gods smiled upon Commerce in 2017. Proud you all should be. Many congratulations were sent on this very site.

I was hoping to read where the Lions 1-4 head to head record the past four seasons placed the Mustangs on the list. Not about announcers, moms, daughters, teaching, MBAs, Just good ole fashion football.

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied

LMAO, and you want to be taken as a serious website?.....

"2. West Texas A&M-Now, we are going to start to get personal. First, let me say this. I feel bad for the WT fans, I really do. Their athletic director is a pencil necked ignoramus who obviously has a problem with coaches that win

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    I was talking with the Tarleton President last year and he said the NCAA has some rules about the distance the stands have to be from the sideline. The distance is fairly large so removing the track would not have had a major impact on the stands. There will be no more OU or Okie State stands on top of the benches.
    Can you direct me to that NCAA rule?
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    I was talking with the Tarleton President last year and he said the NCAA has some rules about the distance the stands have to be from the sideline. The distance is fairly large so removing the track would not have had a major impact on the stands. There will be no more OU or Okie State stands on top of the benches.

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    When I played...back in 19 something, I preferred a track between us and the fans. And as a coach, I was thankful for the track between us and the fans.

From a fan perspective I like the distance too so I have a better view of plays developing. Maybe I am just used to watching games from my suite at AT&T.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Originally posted by FlyWRanch View Post
    Cost is a little over $26 million....not $40 million.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

One of the visual benefits WT will have over us is no track. We are keeping the track which I think greatly diminishes the stadium.
    When I played...back in 19 something, I preferred a track between us and the fans. And as a coach, I was thankful for the track between us and the fans.

From a fan perspective I like the distance too so I have a better view of plays developing. Maybe I am just used to watching games from my suite at AT&T.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X