Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivalry ?

As I Watch SEC Network and Longhorn Network I'm reminded how much I love college football rivalries.. Which made think what are the rivalries of the LSC ??

I know of WT vs ENMU .. But what are the others ?
    UTPB ... too new to have one?
    Western New Mexico ... is it Eastern makes since name wise it make sense ?
    Commerce .. Midwestern maybe?
    Angelo State .. No clue
    Tarleton wasnt it ACU before they left to go to Southland

I need answers ! What does your fanbase / school recognize as the Rivalry Game ?

Re: Rivalry ?

I believe that UTPB & ASU are quickly developing a rivalry. There is some stuff behind the scenes that has gone down that has encouraged the dislike. But I think the main issue is, is that the students at the rest of the schools couldn't care less about the other school so it is tough to develop a rivalry that the student body seems to care about.

I know our baseball team has an intense rivalry with Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
      As I Watch SEC Network and Longhorn Network I'm reminded how much I love college football rivalries.. Which made think what are the rivalries of the LSC ??

Angelo State .. No clue

I need answers ! What does your fanbase / school recognize as the Rivalry Game ?
      Back in the day, it seemed the Hogs played Angelo for the last game of the season. Usually, it was for a conference title.

Before they moved on to bigger and better things, SWT (now TX State) and the Hogs had a very heated rivalry. We hated them, they hated us.

Not so sure we have one now. However, I do believe we all know how much HOGSVRR loves ACU. :smile-big:

Comment

At Midwestern ther are 2 games that we consider rival games:

Talerton Vs Midwestern (Tarleton leads 12-18) Midwestern is 6-4 over the last 10 games.

West Texas Vs Midwestern (West Texas leads 14-17) 5-5 over the last 10 games.

Commerce may be becoming a rivalry...kinda hard to be a rival when MSU still holds a sizeable lead over the past 15 games.

Since 2000 Midwestern holds a 11-3 advantage. Commerce actually leads the series 11-12 having won the first 10 games ever played dating back to 1947.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
          At Midwestern ther are 2 games that we consider rival games:

Talerton Vs Midwestern (Tarleton leads 12-18) Midwestern is 6-4 over the last 10 games.

West Texas Vs Midwestern (West Texas leads 14-17) 5-5 over the last 10 games.

Commerce may be becoming a rivalry...kinda hard to be a rival when MSU still holds a sizeable lead over the past 15 games.

Since 2000 Midwestern holds a 11-3 advantage. Commerce actually leads the series 11-12 having won the first 10 games ever played dating back to 1947.
          I'm shocked by the WT record over the last 10. I figured after the last few years, Midwestern would be way up. They beat WT while Carthel was coach too

Comment

I think most WT folk consider Tarleton a pretty good rival. Football I believe even has a traveling trophy for the game. Lots of sports come down between the two schools. Volleyball (not lately....), M&W Basketball, Baseball, Tarleton is traditional good in Softball, etc.
            Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 05-22-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

For the Lions Tarleton is the rival. Hands down. Curse the Purple Poo...

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                Since when?

Comment

When my son played, the big rival was ACU. After they left, it seems like Commerce was the rival the next year when the Rams beat the Lions at home to win the conference playoff Championship and advance to the national playoffs.

Now, I have no idea who ASU's rival is, or even if they have one.

Nothing is like D1A rival games.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                    I would think it would be Midwestern, they have been a huge thorn for the Lions in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      I would think it would be Midwestern, they have been a huge thorn for the Lions in recent years.
                      I dont know that there's any game that "feels" like a rival game for Commerce. For as long as we were terrible, people mostly stopped caring at all. There arent any particular games that are "cant miss" for the students here or anything. I do see that slowly changing with the recent success though, and its probably going to be MSU that emerges as the primary rival, with Tarleton a secondary one.

Comment

So from the response it seems like the the strongest football rivalry in the conference would have to be WT vs ENMU .

I wish the conference would have a Rivalry week almost to help boost attendance ! I'm Pretty sure if you look across the county The Rivalry game is almost the the highest attended game behind homecoming game.

Comment

So we received the most mentions in the posts, therefore we win?

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

Angelo State .. No clue

Does WNM still play football ? As far as we know they have not signed any players nor hired a football Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                              Does WNM still play football ? As far as we know they have not signed any players nor hired a football Coach.
                              Don't know about any signings, but they hired Frank Tristan as head FB coach & announced that back on April 5.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X