Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rivalry ?

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    You should go join CNN or some other news network. Why let facts get in the way of a good story? TAMUC has a strong basketball program ? Let's see 51-45 in conference the last 6 years hardly screams strong or puts fear into the other conference foes. I would say mediocre or average at best. It would take a novel to respond to the other opinions printed in this article. Let's just say those yellow and navy shades you are sporting blinded you to reality and put you in the lead for homer of the year.
    Hey they are 1-3 in the NCAA Regionals in that time frame. :bulgy-eyes: LMAO..... Only tourney win since 2005. But what a strong program.....

Comment

Current 17-18 Directors Cup Standings

6. West Texas A&M
      30. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 16-17 Standings

7. West Texas A&M
      64. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 15-16 Standings

11. West Texas A&M
      98. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 14-15 Standings

9. West Texas A&M
      89. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 13-14 Standings

2. West Texas A&M
      182. Texas A&M Commerce

But yes, we are so envious of the Athletic Program of all mighty Commerce and our AD absolutely hates winning coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
        "That aside, let me tell you what really gets me about MSU. First, they really think they are just better than Commerce is." - I mean you havent beaten us two years in a row since 99 (Technically, you had beaten us 10 straight times before that)? Since 99 you have only beaten us Twice...So ya statistically speaking over the past 18 years, We are better than you. That doesn't mean we over look you. We know that Commerce is a strong team. Since Colby took over the average margin of victory for MSU is only 3.8 Points.

But Hey, I think MSU should change their Slogan to "No matter the outcome, We are still better than Commerce." :loser:
        I won't try to defend Lion Wire... but your comments have so much less effect after this postseason. "No matter the outcome, Midwestern should worry more about Mankato."

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
          Current 17-18 Directors Cup Standings

6. West Texas A&M
          30. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 16-17 Standings

7. West Texas A&M
          64. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 15-16 Standings

11. West Texas A&M
          98. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 14-15 Standings

9. West Texas A&M
          89. Texas A&M Commerce

Final 13-14 Standings

2. West Texas A&M
          182. Texas A&M Commerce

But yes, we are so envious of the Athletic Program of all mighty Commerce and our AD absolutely hates winning coaches.
          Hmm... so my Lions are improving every year despite significantly fewer sports programs.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
            Hmm... so my Lions are improving every year despite significantly fewer sports programs.
            Significantly? Try 2, baseball and soccer. WT never gets any points for Mens soccer so technically while it counts as an additional sport, WT gets no points for them in the calculation. The women's programs has the same number. But sure, WT has "significantly" more sports, LOL. And if TAMUC football had finished like they did the previous season, you would have been worse than the prior year. But sure, your overall athletic program is "improving", LOL. When you start from the bottom of the barrel I guess the only direction is up.

How about defending that top Education and MBA program in the country. What was it? Top 10 in Education and Top 5 MBA out of all universities in the country? Surely that was in jest? No one truly believes that in Commerce right? Or only delusional crappy website owners? Next thing you know we are going to be reading how Commerce denies an invite to the Ivy League because the schools are below their academic standards. They must brew some crazy koolade in East Texas?

Comment

LMAO, and you want to be taken as a serious website?.....

"2. West Texas A&M-Now, we are going to start to get personal. First, let me say this. I feel bad for the WT fans, I really do. Their athletic director is a pencil necked ignoramus who obviously has a problem with coaches that win
              LMFAO!!!!

You dont remember the "lil rant" on his very first D2 post? How he slammed D2Football, but continues to USE D2 to freely "advertise" his "creations". I think he changed his "handle" since then. Then he apologized and wanted to start fresh. Then I guess he attacked WT (I didnt read his thingy). Personally, I never read the kids blog, web page, or whatever it's called.

Perhaps he suffers from Bipolar Disorder?

Don't let the guy get to you. I assure you, he DOES NOT represent the good folks in Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                I was hoping to read some good rivalry stuff within the LSC, not a personal tirade. Lost some street cred or cool points in my opinion. There is not an announcer that you cannot say does not say stupid stuff on the air... or fans talking out their asses during or after the game. Seen it at every LSC stadium the past four seasons, to be honest some of the worst seen was from a group spewing their vial crap over the visiting locker room in Commerce. I put it on the group, not the entire Lion fan base.

I was ready to read about the head to head match ups, the hard hitting, good ole fashion rivals kind a stuff.

The talent was outstanding, the planets aligned, and the football gods smiled upon Commerce in 2017. Proud you all should be. Many congratulations were sent on this very site.

I was hoping to read where the Lions 1-4 head to head record the past four seasons placed the Mustangs on the list. Not about announcers, moms, daughters, teaching, MBAs, Just good ole fashion football.
                *Applaud*

Comment

Significantly? Try 2, baseball and soccer. WT never gets any points for Mens soccer so technically while it counts as an additional sport, WT gets no points for them in the calculation. The women's programs has the same number. But sure, WT has "significantly" more sports, LOL. And if TAMUC football had finished like they did the previous season, you would have been worse than the prior year. But sure, your overall athletic program is "improving", LOL. When you start from the bottom of the barrel I guess the only direction is up.

How about defending that top Education and MBA program in the country. What was it? Top 10 in Education and Top 5 MBA out of all universities in the country? Surely that was in jest? No one truly believes that in Commerce right? Or only delusional crappy website owners? Next thing you know we are going to be reading how Commerce denies an invite to the Ivy League because the schools are below their academic standards. They must brew some crazy koolade in East Texas?
                  Wow... whole point of the post just ignored in favor of one word? Okay, then.

Well...

On the men's side WT has the following programs that TAMUC does not.

Baseball
                  Soccer

On the women's side, WT has the following programs that TAMUC does not.

Equestrian (I won't pretend to know how this scores on a national level)

So WT has 25% more opportunities to score. That is significant to me. Hey, if we had spotted WT 25% of our total points in our football game the Buffs would have barely lost by double digits. ;-)

Edit: I don't know much about academic rankings. I googled and found thousands of rankings sites, but I'm not sure which are considered reputable.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                    "That aside, let me tell you what really gets me about MSU. First, they really think they are just better than Commerce is." - I mean you havent beaten us two years in a row since 99 (Technically, you had beaten us 10 straight times before that)? Since 99 you have only beaten us Twice...So ya statistically speaking over the past 18 years, We are better than you. That doesn't mean we over look you. We know that Commerce is a strong team. Since Colby took over the average margin of victory for MSU is only 3.8 Points.

But Hey, I think MSU should change their Slogan to "No matter the outcome, We are still better than Commerce." :loser:
                    Lol.

It's pretty d@mn serious when YOU use a "Loser" emoji.

Like I said to 08.....don't let this kid bother you. Not worth it. He was out to get a rise....that's his M.O.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                      Baghdad Bob comes to mind.
                      GEEZ-US.....hahahahaha....water just came out my nose. LMAO.

Comment

Equestrian (I won't pretend to know how this scores on a national level)
                        Its not counted at all because it isn't an NCAA sport, hence why its not an extra sport.

I don't know much about academic rankings. I googled and found thousands of rankings sites, but I'm not sure which are considered reputable.
                        Im going to bet you didnt find one that backed up the lunacy this moron was spouting.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          LMFAO!!!!

You dont remember the "lil rant" on his very first D2 post? How he slammed D2Football, but continues to USE D2 to freely "advertise" his "creations". I think he changed his "handle" since then. Then he apologized and wanted to start fresh. Then I guess he attacked WT (I didnt read his thingy). Personally, I never read the kids blog, web page, or whatever it's called.

Perhaps he suffers from Bipolar Disorder?

Don't let the guy get to you. I assure you, he DOES NOT represent the good folks in Commerce.
                          Could you believe the academic piece?! LMFAO! I figured you would have a field day with that one. The sad thing is once fall rolls around he will come on here trying to act like he's some type of reputable sports blog. I'm sure it'll be under a new name by then anyways...

Comment

I won't try to defend Lion Wire... but your comments have so much less effect after this postseason. "No matter the outcome, Midwestern should worry more about Mankato."
                            They will be one of the handful of teams to beat in the preseason. I hope they remain that way in the post season :)

Comment

Could you believe the academic piece?! LMFAO! I figured you would have a field day with that one. The sad thing is once fall rolls around he will come on here trying to act like he's some type of reputable sports blog. I'm sure it'll be under a new name by then anyways...
                              I didnt read the thingy....all I know about it is what you referenced.

To be honest, I pay no attention to ANY blogs, "news", "reporting", commentary, or Jerry Springer (unless its my dna used for a paternity test).

Few blogs, news, et.al are factual....even fewer reputable or credible. I can get better, more reliable info from "Prison Mike".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                Can you direct me to that NCAA rule?
                                Thank you.
                                Nope. I was typing what the prez said.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X