Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKinney Has Crack

Well, not "crack"....cracks. (sorry, I felt compelled to use a Washington Post type headline).

It appears Allen isn't the only Mega HS Football stadium to suffer from North Texas soil.....causing cracks...

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/gr.../287-560440689

Re: McKinney Has Crack

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Well, not "crack"....cracks. (sorry, I felt compelled to use a Washington Post type headline).

It appears Allen isn't the only Mega HS Football stadium to suffer from North Texas soil.....causing cracks...

Is the stadium located north of Allen at 121 and 75. I saw construction of a stadium or what appeared to be a stadium being built there. Katy also joined y'all with there version of a $60 million plus stadium. No cracks being reported in Katy to date.

Comment

That was more like a New York Post headline as opposed to the Washington Post...

I'm sure there are a lot of happy taxpayers in Collin County because of these two fiascos...
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        Is the stadium located north of Allen at 121 and 75. I saw construction of a stadium or what appeared to be a stadium being built there. Katy also joined y'all with there version of a $60 million plus stadium. No cracks being reported in Katy to date.
        Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
        That was more like a New York Post headline as opposed to the Washington Post...

I'm sure there are a lot of happy taxpayers in Collin County because of these two fiascos...
        County taxes did not pay. Both cities let the residents vote....each won by a landslide.

We LOVE our stadium in Allen. Graduation last night was great!! 1,500+ graduates and 12k-15k crowd. Sure beats graduation ceremonies at UNT (pre-stadium location)

I have seen many, many HS stadiums all across America, and I can say that Allen Eagles Stadium is by far the best stadium, in every aspect, I have seen.

NOTHING like Friday Night Lights in Allen....
        https://goo.gl/images/sbAjUM

Comment

County taxes did not pay. Both cities let the residents vote....each won by a landslide.

We LOVE our stadium in Allen. Graduation last night was great!! 1,500+ graduates and 12k-15k crowd. Sure beats graduation ceremonies at UNT (pre-stadium location)

I have seen many, many HS stadiums all across America, and I can say that Allen Eagles Stadium is by far the best stadium, in every aspect, I have seen.

Comment

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Of course, at least your not biased or slanted towards Allen. Fair and balanced!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                obviously fifth rate.
                Sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                  It's not all it's cracked up to be.
                  LMAO!!!! Excellent.

Comment

Of course, at least your not biased or slanted towards Allen. Fair and balanced!
                    Your bloomers are showing Nancy.

Comment

Kind of. It's actually at Hardin Boulevard and McKinney Ranch Parkway.

I think Katy stadium was $72M. Doesn't it house 8 HS football & soccer teams?

Comment

If the problem is NTx soil it seems like they would attempt to find engineers ,architects and contractors who understand the issues and can design for the conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                          If the problem is NTx soil it seems like they would attempt to find engineers ,architects and contractors who understand the issues and can design for the conditions.
                          Does A&M Commerce have a "World Class" Engineering program that can study the soil?

Paging We-Are Lions. Please pick up the courtesy phone sitting by Buffalo with the Runs

Comment

Kind of. It's actually at Hardin Boulevard and McKinney Ranch Parkway.

I think Katy stadium was $72M. Doesn't it house 8 HS football & soccer teams?

Comment

Your bloomers are showing Nancy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X