Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    That's strange how the school district boundaries are set up in Texas. I guess that's what happens when you have a state that's not organized by townships as Pennsylvania and most Midwestern states are.

Comment

Re: McKinney Has Crack

That's strange how the school district boundaries are set up in Texas. I guess that's what happens when you have a state that's not organized by townships as Pennsylvania and most Midwestern states are.
      It's really kind of crazy. I live in Amarillo and there are 5 school districts with students inside the city limits of Amarillo. Amarillo ISD is locked in and cannot grow geographically.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        It's really kind of crazy. I live in Amarillo and there are 5 school districts with students inside the city limits of Amarillo. Amarillo ISD is locked in and cannot grow geographically.
        I drove through Amarillo a few years back, I liked it, very charming...

Comment

It's just as bad in Pennsylvania. In the Pittsburgh area, for example, there are at least two cities which maintain their own school districts - Duquesne City and Wilkinsburg Borough - but they send their middle school and high school students to other districts (Duquesne City students in grades 7-12 attend either East Allegheny or West Mifflin Area schools; Wilkinsburg students in grades 7-12 attend Pittsburgh Westinghouse Middle/High School). Duquesne and Wilkinsburg are best served being completely absorbed into another district, and there are a lot of districts in the area which should merge due to declining enrollment; but it won't happen due to politics, etc. If you think the sandbox mentality is bad in Texas, it's 100x worse in Pennsylvania.

At least most of the southern states (Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and, to a lesser extent, North and South Carolina) along with Nevada have the right idea in having county-wide school districts.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
            Just as another example, aren't there multiple ISDs within San Antonio city limits? Even five school districts within Amarillo city limits strikes me as a head-scratcher.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Just as another example, aren't there multiple ISDs within San Antonio city limits? Even five schoo Nl districts within Amarillo city limits strikes me as a head-scratcher.
              Yes. Probably around 10 or more that have San Antonio in their names or addresses . Corpus is a city of 325k and we have six. Now mind you many of the ISD's in San Antonio as well of Corpus were chartered years ago and the growth took place after the fact or waayyyyy after the fact. The ISD I live in Corpus was chartered sometime in the 1920's and the transformation from rural to suburban really didn't take place until the late 70's and early 80's. That's what's happening in places like SA and Austin. Some of Austin is now in the Round Rock, Cedar Park and Lake Travis ISD's. Lake Travis used to be as rural as one could get in the Austin area only a few decades ago. You only went to Lake Travis to have fun like if you wanted skinny dip, smoke weed, fish or all of the above. San Antonio's Northwest side is getting very close to growing into the Boerne and Smithson Valley ISD's.
              Last edited by LSC Fan; 06-06-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                Yes. Probably around 10 or more that have San Antonio in their names or addresses . Corpus is a city of 325k and we have six. Now mind you many of the ISD's in San Antonio as well of Corpus were chartered years ago and the growth took place after the fact or waayyyyy after the fact. The ISD I live in Corpus was chartered sometime in the 1920's and the transformation from rural to suburban really didn't take place until the late 70's and early 80's. That's what's happening in places like SA and Austin. Some of Austin is now in the Round Rock, Cedar Park and Lake Travis ISD's. Lake Travis used to be as rural as one could get in the Austin area only a few decades ago. You only went to Lake Travis to have fun like if you wanted skinny dip, smoke weed, fish or all of the above. San Antonio's Northwest side is getting very close to growing into the Boerne and Smithson Valley ISD's.
                *scratches head*

"Skinny dip"??? Weed??? All the above??

How old ARE you? That's hippy stuff right there. You call THAT fun? Hmmm. *scratches head again*

No wonder you love Houston over Dallas. Dallas is too "white collar" and we DON'T fish naked while high.

Comment

Right!!! Because hurricanes and deadly, destructive floods are sooooo much better.

And as far as women..... please pick Houston if you prefer heifers with mustaches named Big Mama.
                  Paaaaa-L-E-A-S-E!

You are worrying me bro!! You watch housewives shows??? AND know them well enough to select where they should be filmed?

I think you've had TOO many naked, high, fishing trips to Lake Travis. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post
                    I live 3 minutes from the new stadium in McKinney (live in McKinney, but zoned for Frisco Schools), the field used to be very pretty, filled with sun flowers :P

I have been to Allen Stadium, and I have been to the Star in Frisco ...the Star has it beat, just by virtue of air conditioning :)

Buddy of mine, his kid graduated Friday night from Allen, he was miserable, my son graduated Saturday at the Star, I was very comfortable :P
                    The Ford Center is a very, VERY nice facility, NO DOUBT.....as is the full Star Complex. It should be for $1.2B. But, I STILL can't believe Jerry suckered Frisco into that deal.

Personally, I prefer being outdoors for football 100%. Otherwise it feels like arena football to me.

As far as indoor or outdoor graduation? Maybe I am nuts, but I again, prefer an outdoor graduation. Something about being stuck indoors with poor air flow makes me feel all claustrophobic. But hey, it was 110 at Texas Stadium when I graduated HS.....sooooo

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      *scratches head*

"Skinny dip"??? Weed??? All the above??

How old ARE you? That's hippy stuff right there. You call THAT fun? Hmmm. *scratches head again*

No wonder you love Houston over Dallas. Dallas is too "white collar" and we DON'T fish naked while high.
                      LMAO! I mean LMAO!!!

I have never fished naked or smoked week while fishing naked or whatever nor do I have the desire to do so unless someone paid me some serious cash! LOL! I have plenty of Longhorn blood in my family and friend groups which goes back several generations, so I've heard it all about Austin and the "Keep it Weird " part. Yes a few were part of the hippy groups up there back in the day before my day.

I guess you never heard of Hippy Hollow at Lake Travis? Proves my point you DFW folks live in a bubble up there. LMAO!

Comment

LMAO! I mean LMAO!!!

I have never fished naked or smoked week while fishing naked or whatever nor do I have the desire to do so unless someone paid me some serious cash! LOL! I have plenty of Longhorn blood in my family and friend groups which goes back several generations, so I've heard it all about Austin and the "Keep it Weird " part. Yes a few were part of the hippy groups up there back in the day before my day.

I guess you never heard of Hippy Hollow at Lake Travis? Proves my point you DFW folks live in a bubble up there. LMAO!
                        I will prove your point and GLADLY live "in a bubble" if it means I don't have to fish naked in a river while sucking on a bong (or other things) down in a place called "Hippy Hollow".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          Right!!! Because hurricanes and deadly, destructive floods are sooooo much better.

And as far as women..... please pick Houston if you prefer heifers with mustaches named Big Mama.
                          Paaaaa-L-E-A-S-E!

You are worrying me bro!! You watch housewives shows??? AND know them well enough to select where they should be filmed?

I think you've had TOO many naked, high, fishing trips to Lake Travis. LOL.
                          We hadn't had a massive destructive storm like Harvey hit the Texas coast in decades. We had Ike in 2008 and Alicia in 1993 in the Houston area,but the damage was isolated. Corpus or the immediate are hadn't been hit by a storm that required National Guard or mass recovery operations since 1970. You guys get whacked by hail storms and tornadoes multiple times a year which cause millions and millions of dollars in damage.

And yea I'll peak in on the Housewives show (mainly Orange County) when I have nothing else to do . Why the hell not for a good laugh and the cat fights!!!!!I guess you do to since you confirmed what I know about what areas in the DFW would be best for their show. LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm, I guess River Oaks, Midtown and the Memorial area where the real money is don't count in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              Hmmm, I guess River Oaks, Midtown and the Memorial area where the real money is don't count in Houston.
                              Well yes, but that's old money. Our friend in the greatest suburb ever in the DFW area wouldn't recognize those names. Katy and The Woodlands more so because of their football success.

Comment

We hadn't had a massive destructive storm like Harvey hit the Texas coast in decades. We had Ike in 2008 and Alicia in 1993 in the Houston area,but the damage was isolated. Corpus or the immediate are hadn't been hit by a storm that required National Guard or mass recovery operations since 1970. You guys get whacked by hail storms and tornadoes multiple times a year which cause millions and millions of dollars in damage.

And yea I'll peak in on the Housewives show (mainly Orange County) when I have nothing else to do . Why the hell not for a good laugh and the cat fights!!!!!I guess you do to since you confirmed what I know about what areas in the DFW would be best for their show. LOL!!!!!!!
                                Bro, you DO smoke that Lake Travis "Wacky Tobaccy". LOL.

Houston had 29...TWENTY NINE tornadoes in THREE DAYS. Less than a year ago.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2...arvey-nws-says

I will take the occasional hail storm, pay my auto $250 deductible and get a windshield fixed IF need be...(FYI.. in 40 years, I had ONE truck that had 2 hail dings. Never any home damage).

But we do get significant storms that do cause damage....for sure. But not near the destruction in Houston.

As far as the housewives thing.....nice try. YOU said where they should film, I didnt even know Texas had a housewives show. IF I watch tv it's usually sports....MAYBE a documentary or a comedy movie...but that's IF I am stuck indoors during a hail ridden tornadic storm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X