Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Last edited by AmaKnight; 06-12-2018, 09:21 AM.

Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

Hands down in my book would be Cameron. They already have the facilities, and would fulfill their promise when they originally joined. Also, great location wise.

Comment

Sort of agree with WT Alum. Cameron had football and this should fulfill their promise to add it back. I'd also like to see either St Ed's or St Mary's just to have a close game to travel to.

Do any of the new additions have baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
        Sort of agree with WT Alum. Cameron had football and this should fulfill their promise to add it back. I'd also like to see either St Ed's or St Mary's just to have a close game to travel to.

Do any of the new additions have baseball?
        For football; definitely Cameron and what are the chances at TAMIU.

They all have baseball but Dallas Baptist baseball is D1.

Comment

DBU or TWU

DBU because DFW does not have a DII football program. They could be a powerhouse.

TWU, because seeing an all girls football team would be fun.

Comment

Wishful thinking. It's all about the money. It all depends on which program could muster the funds necessary to start a program. Cameron has to be ruled out. They just don't have the money. I really don't know enough about the financial strength or wherewithal of the other schools. Personally, I'd like to see St. Eds or St. Marys add FB. St. Eds is getting up to 6,000 enrollment. Can Tx International tax it's students enough to get it done? Doubtful. The one program that should be able to do it is Ft. Smith. LCU would be a great add, but, like St. Marys of St Eds, without a benefactor stepping up to underwrite the start-up, not much chance.

I've heard that you need about $1.5M seed money to get a program off of the ground, if you have a place to play. I would imagine minimum sustainability in the LSC would be another $2M a year (depending on public or private schollie costs). Private's schollie costs would be much higher (or nothing if absorbed into the budget).

How much did it cost UTPB to get FB rolling?

When all is said and done, UT-Tyler may be he best bet, but, it's probablely 5 years out at the earliest.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-12-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              DBU or TWU

DBU because DFW does not have a DII football program. They could be a powerhouse.

As long as they don't look like Beulah Balbricker. For you young ones out there, Google is your friend if you want to look up that name.:laugh: And the movie she started in.:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                Wishful thinking. It's all about the money. It all depends on which program could muster the funds necessary to start a program. Cameron has to be ruled out. They just don't have the money. I really don't know enough about the financial strength or wherewithal of the other schools. Personally, I'd like to see St. Eds or St. Marys add FB. St. Eds is getting up to 6,000 enrollment. Can Tx International tax it's students enough to get it done? Doubtful. The one program that should be able to do it is Ft. Smith. LCU would be a great add, but, like St. Marys of St Eds, without a benefactor stepping up to underwrite the start-up, not much chance.

I've heard that you need about $1.5M seed money to get a program off of the ground, if you have a place to play. I would imagine minimum sustainability in the LSC would be another $2M a year (depending on public or private schollie costs). Private's schollie costs would be much higher (or nothing if absorbed into the budget).

How much did it cost UTPB to get FB rolling?

When all is said and done, UT-Tyler may be he best bet, but, it's probablely 5 years out at the earliest.
                A&M International is mostly a commuter school. Frankly I was surprised they started an athletic program when they did.

Comment

DBU or TWU

Comment

Ut tyler is comming to lsc in 2020
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      Ut tyler is comming to lsc in 2020
                      There you go. Div II & Tyler too.

Comment

I would love to see LSC in the Austin area so the Hilltoppers would be my favorite !

I mean who wouldn't want to accidentally take a trip to dirty 6th after the game !

Comment

Cameron, Oklahoma Christian, St. Mary's....for the football question.

Has the LSC announced how basketball is going to work with these new schools?

and while I'm on it, isn't Texas Woman's University sexist? How can they call it that?

I'm suggesting a name change: Denton State or San Jacinto University....any one else have suggestions

Comment

DBU or TWU

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
                              Cameron, Oklahoma Christian, St. Mary's....for the football question.

Has the LSC announced how basketball is going to work with these new schools?

and while I'm on it, isn't Texas Woman's University sexist? How can they call it that?

I'm suggesting a name change: Denton State or San Jacinto University....any one else have suggestions

No announcement on how basketball / volleyball conference alignment will plan out. That probably wont happen till next basketball season some time. I think they will keep it traditional and only have 2 divisions in the conference others here believe they will have 4. Other D2 conferences I have seen like NSIC - 16 basketball members PSAC - 18 basketball members only have 2 divisions. back in 2011 when the LSC had 15 members it split up in North and South. But the way the map looks now it maybe easier for them to switch to East and West.

Split the line diagonal between St Edwards and Tarleton.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X