Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10th Football Member (Wishful Thinking)

RIGHT? Hahahahaha

Comment

Give me a team at St Marys or St Eds. As a Tarleton fan, so much of the league is north and west of Stephenville. Roads Trips to Austin and San Antonio would be much easier
      Tarleton State Texan
      Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
        Give me a team at St Marys or St Eds. As a Tarleton fan, so much of the league is north and west of Stephenville. Roads Trips to Austin and San Antonio would be much easier
        Agreed, trips to San Antonio or Austin would be nice. Outside of Odessa and Stephenville, none of the rest of the trips in the league are feasible for most folks from Angelo

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Agreed, trips to San Antonio or Austin would be nice. Outside of Odessa and Stephenville, none of the rest of the trips in the league are feasible for most folks from Angelo
          Austin and San Antonio are barely closer than Canyon from San Angelo.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
            Austin and San Antonio are barely closer than Canyon from San Angelo.
            ASU to WT: 4 hours 27 minutes
            ASU to St. Ed's 3 hours 21 minutes
            ASU to St. Mary's: 3 hours 7 minutes.

Plus people actually want to go to San Antonio/Austin as opposed to Canyon

Comment

You never said where they wanted to go, you just said feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                You never said where they wanted to go, you just said feasible.
                2+ extra hours of travel (round trip) is a major thing for some people. I know time is $ for me.

Plus the amenities in the bigger cities are of course far superior for travelers....especially if they plan on staying the night.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  2+ extra hours of travel (round trip) is a major thing for some people. I know time is $ for me.

Plus the amenities in the bigger cities are of course far superior for travelers....especially if they plan on staying the night.
                  Right. Amenities only come into play if they don't make it a one day trip. Most of the people I know would make ASU to St. Edwards/St. Mary's one day trips and stay overnight in the trip to Canyon/Amarillo.

Comment

Think I'd rather go to Canyon most days.

Comment

You can have Highlands or Adams St. Both if you really can handle bottom dwellers and enjoy the bus rides!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        Right. Amenities only come into play if they don't make it a one day trip. Most of the people I know would make ASU to St. Edwards/St. Mary's one day trips and stay overnight in the trip to Canyon/Amarillo.
                        Correct. Hence why few travel to Canyon.

Unlike other states, Texas is HUGE. So the family of a player recruited lets say from Houston to ASU is most likely not going to travel 18 1/2 hours (round trip) to Canyon, TX. Of course there are always the exceptions.

When we travelled for my son's games. We stayed overnight except for games in Stephenville, Commerce, and OK.

UIW we made a long weekend out of it because it was San Antonio.
                        Last edited by ASUPops; 06-19-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Depending on the day and the time of day of your Austin/San Antonio travel, traffic in those towns can easily add an hour or two to your round trip. Sometimes more.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Cameron has to be ruled out. They just don't have the money.
                            Just chiming in to reaffirm this statement. Cameron does well to afford the sports they do have, and most of them are small-squad sports with shared facilities that don't cost a lot to maintain.

Per the athletic director in this Q&A post, the estimate for Cameron to bring back football was $5 million in startup costs and then around $2 million a year in budget to be competitive - and that was seven years ago. Cameron's most recent Department of Education data says the athletic department currently works with just under $2.6 million a year in total, and I'm sure most of that comes from whatever is budgeted by the university and collected in fees.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X