X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT Tyler moving to D2 and LSC

http://www.uttyler.edu/news/pressrel...8/07132018.php

Re: UT Tyler moving to D2 and LSC

Cool! There's just one word missing from that article, though.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

They dont play football. Probably wont ever.

Welcome to the Lone Star Basketball Conference.

Seriously those of us who would like to see football stabilize should just embrace the suck.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Seriously those of us who would like to see football stabilize should just embrace the suck.
        This will make twenty schools. How long will that last until there are defections?

Comment

Football may be in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            This will make twenty schools. How long will that last until there are defections?
            Not long, My guess is Tarleton and WT will be moving up sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              Not long, My guess is Tarleton and WT will be moving up sooner than later.
              Don't count on WT.

Comment

I know McBroom said that D2 is where WT wants to be (compete for championships, basically big fish in small pond).... he also said we have positioned ourselves to move up should the right opportunity present itself. I would not be surprised if WT moved up.... But it would have to be the perfect situation. McBroom is a smart man.... He will not set us up for failure.

On the flip side I have heard from numerous people including family attending UT-Tyler, that adding football is being heavily talked about.
                Last edited by BuffTough; 07-14-2018, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                  I know McBroom said that D2 is where WT wants to be (compete for championships, basically big fish in small pond).... he also said we have positioned ourselves to move up should the right opportunity present itself. I would not be surprised if WT moved up.... But it would have to be the perfect situation. McBroom is a smart man.... He will not set us up for failure.

On the flip side I have heard from numerous people including family attending UT-Tyler, that adding football is being heavily talked about.
                  Absolutely

Comment

You can't move up without a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                      You can't move up without a conference.
                      Which was the point of saying if the right opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Being heavily talked about by whom? Random fans or admin folks. In my view if they were going to do ot they would have done it at d3 where its cheaper.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Being heavily talked about by whom? Random fans or admin folks. In my view if they were going to do ot they would have done it at d3 where its cheaper.
                          Valid point. This a commuter school, as is UT-Dallas, that has started building infrastructure to become more like a traditional 4 year University. They have a ways to go.

Comment

Which was the point of saying if the right opportunity presents itself.
                            That would be a miracle "if" for sure. WT leaving a viable D1 conference, going D2, and trying to get back to D1, would be akin to Purdue leaving the Big 10, going to the MAC, and then trying to get back in the Big 10.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                              That would be a miracle "if" for sure. WT leaving a viable D1 conference, going D2, and trying to get back to D1, would be akin to Purdue leaving the Big 10, going to the MAC, and then trying to get back in the Big 10.

Good luck with that.
                              Didn't realize they ever were DI. Hmm.....Oh, 40 years ago.

Almost moot. Today is a completely different world in NCAA athletics.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X