Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humboldt State Ending Football Program announced

Seen this on the general discussion link, seems two LSC teams (UTPB and MSU) will see the Jacks during their last go around.

http://www.hsujacks.com/news/2018/7/...-decision.aspx

Re: Humboldt State Ending Football Program announced

I'll go back to what I was saying the last time this was rumored...I think the LSC gets two football teams from this and changes things dramatically going forward for the good.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      I'll go back to what I was saying the last time this was rumored...I think the LSC gets two football teams from this and changes things dramatically going forward for the good.
      At a minimum, you might see the LSC reach out to Azusa Pacific to get the league to 10 (even if UT-Tyler were committed to starting football, that's probably a few years away, if we use the UTPB timeline as an benchmark). I could see the RMAC at least make a run at some combination of Central Washington, Simon Fraser and/or Western Oregon if they were so inclined to get them to 14 teams in football.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
        At a minimum, you might see the LSC reach out to Azusa Pacific to get the league to 10 (even if UT-Tyler were committed to starting football, that's probably a few years away, if we use the UTPB timeline as an benchmark). I could see the RMAC at least make a run at some combination of Central Washington, Simon Fraser and/or Western Oregon if they were so inclined to get them to 14 teams in football.
        I think Central Washington will try to move up if the Big Sky would take them. They have the capacity to add one more.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
          Wldly speculating, could you see Pueblo, Adams, Highlands, and Ft. Lewis splitting off to form a new league with the LSC? You'd have an East/West FB division. Western NM, Eastern NM, NM Highlands, Ft. Lewis, Adams, Pueblo, WT in the West and Midwestern, Commerce, Tarleton, Angelo, UT Permian, Kingsville, and (eventually) UT Tyler in the East.

For non-FB sports, the league would go to 24 teams, if I have my count right. 4 pods of 6 teams each. WNM, ENM, NMH, Ft. Lewis, Adams, and Pueblo, for example would be the far west pod. And so on for the other pods. Or you could have the same East/West division for all other sports.

The RMAC could add the GNAC teams to keep their numbers up.

I think this arrangement could work well for FB. Each team plays a non-conference game, then plays each team in their division plus 4 or 5 inter-league crossover games. Then the East/West championship game.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-19-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
            Wldly speculating, could you see Pueblo, Adams, Highlands, and Ft. Lewis splitting off to form a new league with the LSC? You'd have an East/West FB division. Western NM, Eastern NM, NM Highlands, Ft. Lewis, Adams, Pueblo, WT in the West and Midwestern, Commerce, Tarleton, Angelo, UT Permian, Kingsville, and (eventually) UT Tyler in the East.

For non-FB sports, the league would go to 24 teams, if I have my count right. 4 pods of 6 teams each. WNM, ENM, NMH, Ft. Lewis, Adams, and Pueblo, for example would be the far west pod. And so on for the other pods.

I think this arrangement could work well for FB. Each team plays a non-conference game, then plays each team in their division plus 4 or 5 inter-league crossover games. Then the East/West championship game.
            I don't know how wild that is. Highland and Adams have already been flirting with the LSC. Your idea would by far be the best scenario of all scenarios mentioned. Long term stability achieved, travel issues addressed, near balance of football and non football schools, staying division 2, etc., etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
              I don't know how wild that is. Highland and Adams have already been flirting with the LSC. Your idea would by far be the best scenario of all scenarios mentioned. Long term stability achieved, travel issues addressed, near balance of football and non football schools, staying division 2, etc., etc., etc.
              I would rather see that than folding in the gnac. The travel would bankrupt eastern much less western.

Would love to see all 3 nm schools in 1 conference.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                Seen this on the general discussion link, seems two LSC teams (UTPB and MSU) will see the Jacks during their last go around.

http://www.hsujacks.com/news/2018/7/...-decision.aspx
                Wish the Jacks success in their 'Swan Song' 2018 season.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                  I think Central Washington will try to move up if the Big Sky would take them. They have the capacity to add one more.
                  Nope, not happening. Their budget would be last in the Big Sky by several million and they don't have the fan base to support such a move. EWU made it work out of Cheney because they're 10 miles from Spokane; CWU doesn't have that benefit. See my posts on the GNAC board about the scheduling alliance with the GNAC and LSC, it's not membership but an alliance. Pretty sure it's going to happen. Traditional RMAC schools, Adams, Pueblo, etc., most likely not jumping to LSC, cranking up their travel budgets greatly for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                    Nope, not happening. Their budget would be last in the Big Sky by several million and they don't have the fan base to support such a move. EWU made it work out of Cheney because they're 10 miles from Spokane; CWU doesn't have that benefit. See my posts on the GNAC board about the scheduling alliance with the GNAC and LSC, it's not membership but an alliance. Pretty sure it's going to happen. Traditional RMAC schools, Adams, Pueblo, etc., most likely not jumping to LSC, cranking up their travel budgets greatly for no good reason.
                    That alliance wont last long unless the gnac teams are going to pay a guarantee, teams like Enmu, and western and probably utpb cant afford two trips a year to the west coast. Cwu is further than easterns trip to west liberty last year and they had to fund raise to pay for the airfare for that amd west liberty paid the bus, hotel, and meals.

I just dont see the financials working out for this alliance.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      That alliance wont last long unless the gnac teams are going to pay a guarantee, teams like Enmu, and western and probably utpb cant afford two trips a year to the west coast. Cwu is further than easterns trip to west liberty last year and they had to fund raise to pay for the airfare for that amd west liberty paid the bus, hotel, and meals.

I just dont see the financials working out for this alliance.

Comment

For non-FB sports, the league would go to 24 teams, if I have my count right. 4 pods of 6 teams each. WNM, ENM, NMH, Ft. Lewis, Adams, and Pueblo, for example would be the far west pod. And so on for the other pods. Or you could have the same East/West division for all other sports.

I like this idea will the LSC be willing to support wrestling finally ?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                          I like this idea will the LSC be willing to support wrestling finally ?!?!
                          For women.

Comment

Its a Shame. Humboldt State has a rich tradition in Football. This will be a big time blow to the GNAC.

Comment

For women.
                              Women's mud wrestling would be perfect.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X