• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheLionWire
    replied
    Re: Koy Detmer Jr?

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
    For a site geared toward Lion athletics i think you do well.....and according to comments on this thread more than just Lion fans read it. Alot of schools have similiar type blogs and im sure its rare in D2. Good thing for the ones that dont like it, they dont have to read it. Original question on thread was legit for this site.
    Appreciate the support.

And you, Sir, do outstanding work as well for our Alma Mater.

Leave a comment:

• '89HOG
    replied

Ha ha ha... Javsfan called you a bunch of girls. :smile-big:

Leave a comment:

• AngeloFan
    replied

:good:
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
    Brandon, can you kill this thread please. or change the title to "Mean Girls Lion Talk" for accuracy.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied

Brandon, can you kill this thread please. or change the title to "Mean Girls Lion Talk" for accuracy.

Leave a comment:

• 08LionBacker
    replied
    For a site geared toward Lion athletics i think you do well.....and according to comments on this thread more than just Lion fans read it. Alot of schools have similiar type blogs and im sure its rare in D2. Good thing for the ones that dont like it, they dont have to read it. Original question on thread was legit for this site.
    Last edited by 08LionBacker; 07-23-2018, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Well since your site is SOO good why not stick to that site? Seriously, ive been on this board since 2003, been over a decade going on towards 15 years and only a couple times did we have caustic folks like you on here. They eventually got banned or burned out. Point being you have a nifty little blog and site that you can do whatever you want there, why do you spend so much effort here, honestly if you put out a good enough product, people will come to you.
    I do not have an overinflated view of what my site it is. It is still a small fish in the big pond of sports blogs. I am really not out to try to be the next old coach.com or pigskin prep. I do not have the time, nor the resources or man power to do that. What my site is about is the promotion of TAMUC Lion Athletics. It is only hard news in the sense of Scores, Box Scores, and news sources (which I quote). Everything else is opinion. You can have different opinions about certain things and not everyone agrees with me on the opinions that I put, and the same goes for the 2 other guys on staff. We welcome challenges to our opinions and like I told a couple of others, that is what the comment section is for. I will NEVER ban a comment or delete one unless the post is obscene or threatening to our physical safety.

And yes, I am proud of what I have built along with my two other writers. One of them stepped up for me when I was in a pinch and I made him full time and the other is a guy who played from 88-92, one the best stretches of Lion Football in recent History and is in the school's top ten for receiving yards, I felt his experiences with that amount of success would be invaluable to write on.

Either way, I do appreciate your respectful tone, and just so you know, I believe the Hounds got hosed royally last season and hope you guys make the playoffs this next year. I think you guys could go far with that offense you guys have. I only root against you when you play the Lions. You guys certainly do not get the respect you deserve.

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    FYI.....I believe it's "mea maxima culpa" not "Maxa Mea Culpa"......just saying.

But Latin is only my "second" language and I am not a skilled journalist.
    What is Latin for "you are right and I stand corrected?"

You are right, I always thought it was spelled that way but I learned something new today.

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

I only changed my name because the name of my site changed. Someone asked if that was the same guy and I said yes. Nothing to hide here.

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Well since your site is SOO good why not stick to that site? Seriously, ive been on this board since 2003, been over a decade going on towards 15 years and only a couple times did we have caustic folks like you on here. They eventually got banned or burned out. Point being you have a nifty little blog and site that you can do whatever you want there, why do you spend so much effort here, honestly if you put out a good enough product, people will come to you.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
    Please give me an example and evidence where I did not use hard facts or made them up. If you can find one, I will be the first to say Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa Maxa Mea Culpa." I doubt you can find one.
    FYI.....I believe it's "mea maxima culpa" not "Maxa Mea Culpa"......just saying.

But Latin is only my "second" language and I am not a skilled journalist.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Did I say that TAMUC has a BETTER program than Tarleton?

No. TSU has been better during that span, but the Lions have made the tourney 3 of the past 4 years and The Lions are 2-2 against the Texans in the past two seasons in head to head match ups. WT and UTPB are the top dogs in the LSC when it comes to Basketball.

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

Did I say that TAMUC has a BETTER program than Tarleton?

No. TSU has been better during that span, but the Lions have made the tourney 3 of the past 4 years and The Lions are 2-2 against the Texans in the past two seasons in head to head match ups. WT and UTPB are the top dogs in the LSC when it comes to Basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Thats pathetic. "Thats too easy, everyone knows that!"

Then what it is?

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheLionWire
    replied

I asked it two places so I might as well reply in two as well.

Got your message, I appreciate you being a stand up guy in that regard.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X