Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koy Detmer Jr?

I only changed my name because the name of my site changed. Someone asked if that was the same guy and I said yes. Nothing to hide here.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      FYI.....I believe it's "mea maxima culpa" not "Maxa Mea Culpa"......just saying.

But Latin is only my "second" language and I am not a skilled journalist.
      What is Latin for "you are right and I stand corrected?"

You are right, I always thought it was spelled that way but I learned something new today.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        Well since your site is SOO good why not stick to that site? Seriously, ive been on this board since 2003, been over a decade going on towards 15 years and only a couple times did we have caustic folks like you on here. They eventually got banned or burned out. Point being you have a nifty little blog and site that you can do whatever you want there, why do you spend so much effort here, honestly if you put out a good enough product, people will come to you.
        I do not have an overinflated view of what my site it is. It is still a small fish in the big pond of sports blogs. I am really not out to try to be the next old coach.com or pigskin prep. I do not have the time, nor the resources or man power to do that. What my site is about is the promotion of TAMUC Lion Athletics. It is only hard news in the sense of Scores, Box Scores, and news sources (which I quote). Everything else is opinion. You can have different opinions about certain things and not everyone agrees with me on the opinions that I put, and the same goes for the 2 other guys on staff. We welcome challenges to our opinions and like I told a couple of others, that is what the comment section is for. I will NEVER ban a comment or delete one unless the post is obscene or threatening to our physical safety.

And yes, I am proud of what I have built along with my two other writers. One of them stepped up for me when I was in a pinch and I made him full time and the other is a guy who played from 88-92, one the best stretches of Lion Football in recent History and is in the school's top ten for receiving yards, I felt his experiences with that amount of success would be invaluable to write on.

Either way, I do appreciate your respectful tone, and just so you know, I believe the Hounds got hosed royally last season and hope you guys make the playoffs this next year. I think you guys could go far with that offense you guys have. I only root against you when you play the Lions. You guys certainly do not get the respect you deserve.

Comment

For a site geared toward Lion athletics i think you do well.....and according to comments on this thread more than just Lion fans read it. Alot of schools have similiar type blogs and im sure its rare in D2. Good thing for the ones that dont like it, they dont have to read it. Original question on thread was legit for this site.
          Last edited by 08LionBacker; 07-23-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Brandon, can you kill this thread please. or change the title to "Mean Girls Lion Talk" for accuracy.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

:good:
              Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Brandon, can you kill this thread please. or change the title to "Mean Girls Lion Talk" for accuracy.

Comment

Ha ha ha... Javsfan called you a bunch of girls. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
                  For a site geared toward Lion athletics i think you do well.....and according to comments on this thread more than just Lion fans read it. Alot of schools have similiar type blogs and im sure its rare in D2. Good thing for the ones that dont like it, they dont have to read it. Original question on thread was legit for this site.
                  Appreciate the support.

And you, Sir, do outstanding work as well for our Alma Mater.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                    What is Latin for "you are right and I stand corrected?"

You are right, I always thought it was spelled that way but I learned something new today.
                    There is not a direct translation for that. Just a universal "oops" works....lol.

Each day we ALL learn something new.

Comment

I do not have an overinflated view of what my site it is. It is still a small fish in the big pond of sports blogs. I am really not out to try to be the next old coach.com or pigskin prep. I do not have the time, nor the resources or man power to do that. What my site is about is the promotion of TAMUC Lion Athletics. It is only hard news in the sense of Scores, Box Scores, and news sources (which I quote). Everything else is opinion. You can have different opinions about certain things and not everyone agrees with me on the opinions that I put, and the same goes for the 2 other guys on staff. We welcome challenges to our opinions and like I told a couple of others, that is what the comment section is for. I will NEVER ban a comment or delete one unless the post is obscene or threatening to our physical safety.

And yes, I am proud of what I have built along with my two other writers. One of them stepped up for me when I was in a pinch and I made him full time and the other is a guy who played from 88-92, one the best stretches of Lion Football in recent History and is in the school's top ten for receiving yards, I felt his experiences with that amount of success would be invaluable to write on.

Either way, I do appreciate your respectful tone, and just so you know, I believe the Hounds got hosed royally last season and hope you guys make the playoffs this next year. I think you guys could go far with that offense you guys have. I only root against you when you play the Lions. You guys certainly do not get the respect you deserve.
                      As a blogger, writer, or whatever your site is (sorry, never seen it), you are 100% CORRECT you can and SHOULD express your opinion(s) That is what makes America GREAT and different from most of the world.

In the same way readers of your blog, site, etc....can and SHOULD express their opinion(s) also.

Maybe some will like you and others will dislike you. In either case you must have thick skin and NOT make it or take it personal.

As far as your partner/employee (whatever)....in my opinion, it was in poor form and embarrassing for him to sit behind a keyboard and THREATEN D2 posters who simply expressed there opinion. It took credibility away from what you worked hard to build.

Believe me, I am a guilty party...when my T levels were through the roof I was giving guys my home address and inviting them over for a face to face instead of keyboard jockeying.......Such an immature and embarrassing movement in my life. But as I stated we ALL learn. I am just so thankful that cooler heads prevailed.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        As a blogger, writer, or whatever your site is (sorry, never seen it), you are 100% CORRECT you can and SHOULD express your opinion(s) That is what makes America GREAT and different from most of the world.

In the same way readers of your blog, site, etc....can and SHOULD express their opinion(s) also.

Maybe some will like you and others will dislike you. In either case you must have thick skin and NOT make it or take it personal.

As far as your partner/employee (whatever)....in my opinion, it was in poor form and embarrassing for him to sit behind a keyboard and THREATEN D2 posters who simply expressed there opinion. It took credibility away from what you worked hard to build.

Believe me, I am a guilty party...when my T levels were through the roof I was giving guys my home address and inviting them over for a face to face instead of keyboard jockeying.......Such an immature and embarrassing movement in my life. But as I stated we ALL learn. I am just so thankful that cooler heads prevailed.
                        Agreed 100%. There is nothing wrong with any opinions. But, that does leave you open to criticism. When you wear your homer shades expect there to be some push back. A lot of this younger generation wants to espouse their opinions, rights and beliefs but they do not want to accept or understand the backlash that can come from it. REALLY IN POOR TASTE to come at any poster personally just because you are offended or dislike the posts. I, like Pops, engaged in way too many fist fights all the way through college. Glad I no longer have any conversations when I am at the boiling point and luckily for me I can never stay mad at anyone past an hour.

Comment

Last edited by Ganso0; 07-25-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Agreed 100%. There is nothing wrong with any opinions. But, that does leave you open to criticism. When you wear your homer shades expect there to be some push back. A lot of this younger generation wants to espouse their opinions, rights and beliefs but they do not want to accept or understand the backlash that can come from it. REALLY IN POOR TASTE to come at any poster personally just because you are offended or dislike the posts. I, like Pops, engaged in way too many fist fights all the way through college. Glad I no longer have any conversations when I am at the boiling point and luckily for me I can never stay mad at anyone past an hour.
                            Of course, I have no problem with criticism so long as it is valid. If someone tells me that they believe my coverage is slanted, that is a valid criticism but one I would point out by saying that I DO have a slant in my writing, but not one to the extreme. Nothing wrong with people saying my opinions are based on Blue and Gold colored glasses. You are right, the younger generation wants to express opinions but thats not me. Something else this generation does is make what I call "Drive by remarks" where they say things like "Donald Trump is a racist and is in love with Vlad Putin." When I call out someone and say, "Ok you claim that, where is your evidence?" that makes them lose it as well. Like I asked you when I said TAMUC and TSU have solid Basketball programs. I never said they were on par with each other as of the past few years, but the past 2-3 seasons, it has has been pretty even. I understand people are not going to agree with what I say and I am cool with that and to each his own. But if someone questions my integrity, intelligence, honesty, (all of which have been called out) I WILL RESPOND so long as I am here. But like you, I usually consider the source and move on after an hour.

But to get back to the question, I am very curious if Detmer becomes the starter in Kingsville. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it.

Comment

Of course, I have no problem with criticism so long as it is valid. If someone tells me that they believe my coverage is slanted, that is a valid criticism but one I would point out by saying that I DO have a slant in my writing, but not one to the extreme. Nothing wrong with people saying my opinions are based on Blue and Gold colored glasses. You are right, the younger generation wants to express opinions but thats not me. Something else this generation does is make what I call "Drive by remarks" where they say things like "Donald Trump is a racist and is in love with Vlad Putin." When I call out someone and say, "Ok you claim that, where is your evidence?" that makes them lose it as well. Like I asked you when I said TAMUC and TSU have solid Basketball programs. I never said they were on par with each other as of the past few years, but the past 2-3 seasons, it has has been pretty even. I understand people are not going to agree with what I say and I am cool with that and to each his own. But if someone questions my integrity, intelligence, honesty, (all of which have been called out) I WILL RESPOND so long as I am here. But like you, I usually consider the source and move on after an hour.

But to get back to the question, I am very curious if Detmer becomes the starter in Kingsville. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it.

Comment

We'll see. It will be tough for anyone to start the first game against last year's NCs, but someone has to be their first opponent. I know Detmer threw one TD pass in the spring game but not sure how he looked on his other snaps. All I know is that Dyal seems to do a REALLY good job of keeping his composure under pressure. Sometimes those intangibles lead to good things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X