Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASU video board

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    With the new press box/restrooms/concessions and video board, the experience in the stadium should be a lot better. If only they could fix that ticketing mess and make it easier to get into.
    Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I don't really care about the ticketing. I just park by the front door an walk in. Think I will take the elevator this year.
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I did not attend a home game last year. That ticketing Will Call is a mess. It should not be that hard to get into the stadium.

My son & I are thinking about coming to the 1st home game on 9/15 vs TAMKU, but I DREAD the whole ticket/entrance part. :(
    I've read a lot about the ticket issue on the LSC threads. What is the issue? It's a VERY simple process, so why is it such a problem at ASU?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      I've read a lot about the ticket issue on the LSC threads. What is the issue? It's a VERY simple process, so why is it such a problem at ASU?
      Couple of years back I went to buy a simple all sports pass. I was the only one there and it took me 30 minutes to get a little orange card to flash at the ticket lady on my way in. They keep everything on note cards and if the main lady is not there everyone is scared to make a decision. I see no reason why they would be more efficient on game day.

I have not experienced the problems, at football, people are talking about because I have season tickets and a parking pass in the VIP lot (I am not a VIP but I do get to park there).

Comment

Not that it makes a lot of difference but it is the largest video board in the LSC. 25% larger than San Angelo Stadium.
        Noice. If it's bigger than the one at Ratliff, then it's straight ginormous.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Noice. If it's bigger than the one at Ratliff, then it's straight ginormous.
          Think that is on campus stadiums. Will ask when I they come in to pick up in a couple of days.

Comment

They had it fired up this afternoon. Looked like they were doing a Daktronics test. Looks even bigger fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              Excellent question. Would LOVE an answer!!!

I guess if you hold season tickets or are a VIP, it's no issue. But if you buy a ticket on game day or have to puck up your tickets at Will Call, it's a straight up sitcom episode.

At San Angelo stadium, I walked up to WILL CALL, showed my ID, got my tickets and walked in. 1-2 minute process TOPS.

Comment

They had it fired up this afternoon. Looked like they were doing a Daktronics test. Looks even bigger fired up.
                That's what she said!

Comment

Originally posted by asuram2010 View Post
                  that's what she said!
                  hahahahahaha

Comment

It was showing a replay of the ACU game this morning. Nice picture from the street so I am guessing it will be really up close

Comment

It was showing a replay of the ACU game this morning. Nice picture from the street so I am guessing it will be really up close
                      How big is it? I know we have a new scoreboard too but I don't believe it's much larger than the old one we had. Not complaining, though, it's a really nice board from what I could see through the feed. I saw it a couple of times last Saturday and it is super sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                        How big is it? I know we have a new scoreboard too but I don't believe it's much larger than the old one we had. Not complaining, though, it's a really nice board from what I could see through the feed. I saw it a couple of times last Saturday and it is super sharp.
                        Supposedly the largest in the LSC. Don't know if that just on campus stadiums or not. That video board in Odessa is BIG.

Comment

Supposedly the largest in the LSC. Don't know if that just on campus stadiums or not. That video board in Odessa is BIG.
                          Do you all get a good deal of contributions from companies who have operations up there related to the Permian oilfieds? A few years ago when the Eagle Ford was really rolling, our local high school booster club was bringing in some good cash flow thanks to all the different companies that sprang up here in the Corpus area. Then we kind of had a dip when it crashed, but it's picked back up albeit not at the pace it was back in 13' or 14'.

For TAMUK's and Kingsville sake, I wish they would start fracking on the Ranch and some of the other fields close by that were hot spots back in the day. The spin off industries would be beneficial for TAMUK and fundrasing without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                            Do you all get a good deal of contributions from companies who have operations up there related to the Permian oilfieds? A few years ago when the Eagle Ford was really rolling, our local high school booster club was bringing in some good cash flow thanks to all the different companies that sprang up here in the Corpus area. Then we kind of had a dip when it crashed, but it's picked back up albeit not at the pace it was back in 13' or 14'.

For TAMUK's and Kingsville sake, I wish they would start fracking on the Ranch and some of the other fields close by that were hot spots back in the day. The spin off industries would be beneficial for TAMUK and fundrasing without a doubt.
                            Except for the turf and analog scoreboard, most of the stadium funds were donated by individuals. Same with the baseball and softball stadiums. According to the Univ Prezz no student fees have been applied the construction.

Comment

Except for the turf and analog scoreboard, most of the stadium funds were donated by individuals. Same with the baseball and softball stadiums. According to the Univ Prezz no student fees have been applied the construction.
                              The word is that the video board was paid, entirely, by Dr. Bob LeGrand and his wife Jean Anne. Their names are also on the stadium and the alumni association building.

Comment

Thats INCREDIBLE.

As I said Dr Mays is simply amazing. Haven't met too many like him in my life. He sure has done a great deal for Angelo sports and ASU as a whole. Look at all the progress and changes since he arrived. Again....amazing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X