Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Challenge Football ?

During Div I basketball you often see conference challenges such as Big 12 vs SEC & ACC vs Big Ten Challenges. For those who are not familiar this is where almost every team in the conference takes on an opposing conference team. When the challenge is over the Conference with the most Wins gets bragging rights till next year .

For the LSC I think this would be a great concept to look into with another conference. especially with there being just 8 conference games for each team. Maybe change the old LSC Festival into a LSC vs ( insert another conference here ) Challenge !?!?! and hold it at The STAR in Frisco ....

Thoughts? if this was possible what conference would you like to see the LSC Challenge ? and why ?

Re: Conference Challenge Football ?

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
    During Div I basketball you often see conference challenges such as Big 12 vs SEC & ACC vs Big Ten Challenges. For those who are not familiar this is where almost every team in the conference takes on an opposing conference team. When the challenge is over the Conference with the most Wins gets bragging rights till next year .

For the LSC I think this would be a great concept to look into with another conference. especially with there being just 8 conference games for each team. Maybe change the old LSC Festival into a LSC vs ( insert another conference here ) Challenge !?!?! and hold it at The STAR in Frisco ....

Thoughts? if this was possible what conference would you like to see the LSC Challenge ? and why ?
    Personally and Geographically I would like to see the LSC vs GAC Challenge

It renews some old rivalries with some teams in the GAC once being part of the LSC .

They are also in close proximity to Frisco if they do choose to have a neutral site game at the STAR.

It also gives some of Oklahoma and Arkansas resident a chance to visit the STAR everyone I know from both places are big cowboy fans !

Comment

The LSC is so big now it can have its own challenge.

Comment

The 2013 LSC Festival was great I thought, in terms of matching up WT/Chadron and Angelo/Pueblo. There are some other intriguing matchups between the LSC/RMAC as well. Adams/WT would be pretty interesting, with the contrast in styles. Highlands/Western NM, an old in-state rivalry. Or Adams/WNMU could be a track meet. Obviously Commerce/Pueblo or MSU/Pueblo would be interesting. Chadron/WT have quite a bit of history. Mines/Kingsville are two engineering schools. ENMU/Fort Lewis probably has some history. Start a new rivalry between the Mustangs, MSU/Mesa?

Just a few thoughts.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Mesa is the Mavericks, not the Mustangs. But they wear the same colors, mostly.
        Last edited by ccmoney8; 07-31-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Their respective silo scheduling schemes pretty much rule out the GAC and MIAA, and the RMAC has a rotating bye week among the 11 football schools, so, I'd probably go with the Gulf South.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X