Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UT Tyler Officially joins the LSC

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Grain Belt is still around, and still not a bad option.
    I love the old Hamms TV commercials. The dancing bear was and still is great!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      I remember those ads on TV as well. From the Land of Sky Blue Waters. I liked the Hamm's commercial too. Before Craft beers or import beers were real prevalent Hamm's & similarly tasting Colorado Kool aid (Coors) were acceptable. We have about 25 craft breweries here in the Springs, so purchasing & drinking mass produced suds is not even an afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
        I remember those ads on TV as well. From the Land of Sky Blue Waters. I liked the Hamm's commercial too. Before Craft beers or import beers were real prevalent Hamm's & similarly tasting Colorado Kool aid (Coors) were acceptable. We have about 25 craft breweries here in the Springs, so purchasing & drinking mass produced suds is not even an afterthought.
        What? You all don't take credit for Blue Moon?

Comment

They are. However, I read recently in the WSJ, craft beer growth has wained. The curve has flattened and industry predictions are for little to no craft beer growth, perhaps even a slight decline. Millennials are moving away from beer and more into wine and, especially, spirits.

The local liquor store I frequent in Amarillo, probably carries 100 craft beers in bottle and cans. I can take you to a couple dozen places in Amarillo/Canyon and find anywhere from 10 to 100 craft brews on tap. The Imperial Taproom in Canyon was recently singled out as the top craft emporium in the State of Texas. I believe it was Beer Advocate that was picking out the best craft beer place in each of the 50 states.
          Who would have ever thought that you could even buy a beer in Canyon, much less have the "top craft emporium" in the entire State of Texas?

Comment

Growing up I loved those commercials!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83xxWCel8g

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post

Comment

Originally posted by buffalochip View Post
                they are. however, i read recently in the wsj, craft beer growth has wained. The curve has flattened and industry predictions are for little to no craft beer growth, perhaps even a slight decline. Millennials are moving away from beer and more into wine and, especially, spirits.
                Absolutely!!!

And Gen X have driven alcohol sales down to the lowest level since 1979. They are not drinking.....and IF they do, it's mainly wine. Alcohol is predicted to follow the fall of tobacco sales.

It's amazing how fast sales are dropping. Especially in the beer world.
                Last edited by ASUPops; 08-15-2018, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Hamms, the beer refreshing

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    What? You all don't take credit for Blue Moon?
                    Just had a Blue Moon last Sat at a Retirement party of a friend. Molson-Coors version of Belgian Wit. Seems to be fairly popular & quite tasty I might add. Brewed by Sandlot Brewery at Coors Field & at Molson Brewery in Montreal, Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                      Who would have ever thought that you could even buy a beer in Canyon, much less have the "top craft emporium" in the entire State of Texas?
                      Hard to believe one can buy and drink beer in Canyon now. When I lived in Canyon, many years ago, Randall County was Dry. Commendable that there is a noteworthy Brewery in Canyon as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X