Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Preseason Poll

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
    Please expound on the quick, no., Boohaha.
    I think that playoff game y'all got hammered in is probably the reason for the ranking. That plus the rule that requires GVSU and NWMS to be pre-season top 10 teams no matter what.

Comment

Please expound on the quick, no., Boohaha.
      The entire GLIAC should be 1-9, then everyone else....:)(See general discuss board for joke)

i hate preseason polls, its all conjecture. It doesnt matter. So I took the shortest route to petty! ;)

Honestly i doubt hardly any of the voters know enough about even the teams in their conference or region to make an educated guess.

Each year is different. Players come, players leave. Till we get a few weeks in we wont really know "where" each team should be ranked.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        I think that playoff game y'all got hammered in is probably the reason for the ranking. That plus the rule that requires GVSU and NWMS to be pre-season top 10 teams no matter what.
        Jake, in reality, I have no issue with the perseason poll. It is just that, preseason; just a guess what all the talking heads think. I was wanting to see the green tinted view on the poll. Not one team is the same as they were last year, not playing the same teams from a year ago, and not one lucky bounce of the football has occurred yet.

Yep, it was a bad match up for MSU and they paid the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
          The entire GLIAC should be 1-9, then everyone else....:)(See general discuss board for joke)

i hate preseason polls, its all conjecture. It doesnt matter. So I took the shortest route to petty! ;)

Honestly i doubt hardly any of the voters know enough about even the teams in their conference or region to make an educated guess.

Each year is different. Players come, players leave. Till we get a few weeks in we wont really know "where" each team should be ranked.
          Should be no rankings at any level until week 4.

Comment

Should be no rankings at any level until week 4.
            bingo, but then what would writers write about!

Comment

Jake, in reality, I have no issue with the perseason poll. It is just that, preseason; just a guess what all the talking heads think. I was wanting to see the green tinted view on the poll. Not one team is the same as they were last year, not playing the same teams from a year ago, and not one lucky bounce of the football has occurred yet.

Yep, it was a bad match up for MSU and they paid the price.
              Yeah I wasn't trying to slam you guys, just offering my thoughts. No offense intended.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Yeah I wasn't trying to slam you guys, just offering my thoughts. No offense intended.
                Jake, alls good. I was at the game, witnessed it first hand. Two observervations, the quick score for us to open up was a curse and failing to make any or enough defensive adjustments against the run was the death of the season.

Comment

Jake, alls good. I was at the game, witnessed it first hand. Two observervations, the quick score for us to open up was a curse and failing to make any or enough defensive adjustments against the run was the death of the season.
                  Thats what did us in against you last season, inability to make proper defensive adjustments. Thankfully, we got better at it!

Comment

Comment

Lets all be honest though, if they were telling the truth the GLIAC would be 1-9 then the rest of the field.......

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        Verses??

I happen to believe EVERY DAY is a great time to be alive.
                        I realize its good to be alive everyday, pretty good deal. Really fun to be alive during the TIME(in history) that Commerce is winning a D2 national championship and preseason ranked #1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                          Lets all be honest though, if they were telling the truth the GLIAC would be 1-9 then the rest of the field.......
                          Well, who am I to argue.:victory: I do wonder who were the two "coaches" that voted NW #1 though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X