X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENMU Football and its state in the LSC

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Re: ENMU Football and its state in the LSC

I wouldn't get "butt hurt" over that comment. The first part is more of a compliment. I think it's fair to say "ENMU does a lot with a little" and more than anything shows ENMU has a really good staff. I agree you've been a solid top 3 the last 5 years and I think the point Techster was trying to make (without putting words in his mouth) is that it will be much harder for you to break through given his opinion of "having little" compared to some of the other schools. As you and others have mentioned, everyone in the conference seems to be stepping up their game with facilities and enrollment and the LSC will only get tougher. It will be even more difficult for the Greyhounds to maintain the solid top 3 spot much less break through. I don't think anyone in the conference takes you guys for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      I wouldn't get "butt hurt" over that comment. The first part is more of a compliment. I think it's fair to say "ENMU does a lot with a little" and more than anything shows ENMU has a really good staff. I agree you've been a solid top 3 the last 5 years and I think the point Techster was trying to make (without putting words in his mouth) is that it will be much harder for you to break through given his opinion of "having little" compared to some of the other schools. As you and others have mentioned, everyone in the conference seems to be stepping up their game with facilities and enrollment and the LSC will only get tougher. It will be even more difficult for the Greyhounds to maintain the solid top 3 spot much less break through. I don't think anyone in the conference takes you guys for granted.
      i agree, but i realized that even i havent realized just how far eastern has come. I too was thinking that Easterns success was recent 1 or 2 seasons and short lived.

my butthurt comment was more me trying to poke fun at myself.

Comment

Eastern is the forgotten (I always forget about them when I try to rank the conference) team that everyone hates to play. It is hard to play the next week after ENMU took your defenses knees out the game before. I know I am always an ENMU "hater" (I think that stems from how they were when I played in the LSC), but Lynn/Lee have been able to maintain the programs success and recruit some kids that in previous seasons may have ended up at rival schools (WT/Angelo).

Comment

Eastern has been "that punky little team" from day one in the conference. Hate and love to play they. Only problem is those arseholes quit playing at their supper cool stadium in the middle of the desert. Space aliens and condor sized horse flys don't like the new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            Eastern has been "that punky little team" from day one in the conference. Hate and love to play they. Only problem is those arseholes quit playing at their supper cool stadium in the middle of the desert. Space aliens and condor sized horse flys don't like the new stadium.
            i miss that stadium too, but i sure do like that jumbo screen! and the fact that Portales now sees more financial benefit from it instead of Clovis.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
              Eastern for the past 5 years, has been a solid 3rd behind Commerce and Midwestern.

I think the idea of the plucky little team from Portales has been ingrained in the LSC to the point that we sometimes overlook what is actually happening.

In the past 5 years they have had 1 season where they finished at .500, 3 seasons they finished with 7 wins, and last season with 8. In this time they are near the top of D2 in offensive production, and near the top in many defensive catagories as well, such as rush yards allowed, rush tds allowed, 3rd down defense, etc.

Eastern is right on the edge of being a regular playoff contender. The Carthels have done their thing at 2 schools with deep pockets and large student pops, Eastern has accomplished this with the lowest paid HC, smallest budget, and smallest student population in the conference. While WT and Commerce have blue printed how to turn programs around, with Easterns success it shows how important it is to find a coach with the right philosophy and style of play for your university. I honestly dont know if Colby could do his thing at ENMU.

We shall see as this season unfolds, but right now Eastern is pressing hard on the heels of Midwestern and Commerce.

As one WT poster said in another thread, the LSC is only going to ger tougher at this point.
              Who cares how many 3rd place finishes you have? The goal every year is to win a conference title and go to the playoffs. I would rather have thee losing seasons and a conference title and a playoff win or even an appearance than a winning record that no cares about. Sure it makes you respectable and that's about it. When my daughter reached the highest level of tennis in juniors I explained to her that were no more moral victories. The other schools including WT aren't interested in being competitive, they are building teams to win championships. They have deep pockets and that is usually what it takes to get you there.

Not to say I do love cheering an underdog on. I just do not see ENMU having the means to compete for titles on a year in and out unless they are going to start spending money to keep up with the Joneses. I know Eastern joined the LSC sometime in the Eighties because we met some guys from there would always come over to Tech to have a good time on the weekends and they told me that they had just gotten into the LSC. May I dare ask how many Football titles does Eastern have since joining? I don't make the rules or Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, and all the other Big boys wouldn't win every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

We shall see as this season unfolds, but right now Eastern is pressing hard on the heels of Midwestern and Commerce.

As one WT poster said in another thread, the LSC is only going to ger tougher at this point.
                I'd tap the brakes on that....Commerce has won the last two games by a combined score of 100 - 32, and we haven't lost to enmu since Colby's first year back in 2013.

I don't think eastern is pressing hard on commerce and msu's heels, I think they've been the next best team on the tier below the big 2. This is a two dog race as far as I'm concerned and no one else is close right now. But I definitely think enmu has been the best team lately outside of msu and tamc.

As for the lsc getting tougher, I don't know who is going to join the Lions and mustangs at the top if anyone anytime soon. Just my personal opinion but I don't think wt is anywhere near there, and won't be for awhile if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  I'd tap the brakes on that....Commerce has won the last two games by a combined score of 100 - 32, and we haven't lost to enmu since Colby's first year back in 2013.

I don't think eastern is pressing hard on commerce and msu's heels, I think they've been the next best team on the tier below the big 2. This is a two dog race as far as I'm concerned and no one else is close right now. But I definitely think enmu has been the best team lately outside of msu and tamc.

As for the lsc getting tougher, I don't know who is going to join the Lions and mustangs at the top if anyone anytime soon. Just my personal opinion but I don't think wt is anywhere near there, and won't be for awhile if at all.
                  LionFan, will you make a promise that when Colby and Co leave Commerce and yall become the team you were before they got there, that you will stick around and take the beating?

Comment

Eastern has definitely had more success vs MSU than Commerce. My Hounds have knocked off MSU a few times and been right down to the wire with them a few others. Literally MSU or ENMU winning on the last play of the Game on 3 occassions. SInce 2012 when ENMU/TSU shared the LSC title only Commerce and MSU have won it.

Comment

Asu, are u new around here or something? What do you think I did for the last decade and a half around here? Lol

I saw - in person at home and on the road - every single game of a 2 -18 stretch. I'm the epitome of taking a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                        LionFan, will you make a promise that when Colby and Co leave Commerce and yall become the team you were before they got there, that you will stick around and take the beating?
                        Look at his "Join Date". He's been on the board since 2000 and stuck around for 14 years of butt kickings. I don't think he'll disappear.

Comment

Eastern vs msu past 5 is 2-3 with only one blowout loss. Commerce is 4-1 correct smoking the hounds the last 2 times. that gap between the hounds and mustangs aint that wide.

Comment

yeah that's the weird thing about some of these games is so much of it comes down to matchups. For whatever reason Commerce just matches up really well against Eastern, we seem to have found out how to beat them. Midwestern on the other hand seems to struggle a lot with heavy run teams. See the Mankato game in the playoffs last year

Comment

BC has a new meeting= Before Colby?

I'm sure you and the rest of the your Brown Shirts burned all the stats books from the later days of the Eddie Vowel era and the entire Guy Morris experiment.

Next will be the statutes and banners everywhere on campus and Commerce with Colby's pic on them. Very Hitler/Stalin/Kim the Ding Dong like.:laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X