X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Volleyball

Preseason Poll

Re: OT Volleyball

Anyone know about injuries already with the Lady Buffs? Skoch talks about it here....

Comment

It will be interesting to see if ASU is as good as people think they will be. Only 3 returns (I think) from last year's squad. Waddington has gone on the record and said that there will be a lot of youth on the court at all times (I don't think we have a senior), but that the youth is showing signs of being really good.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        It will be interesting to see if ASU is as good as people think they will be. Only 3 returns (I think) from last year's squad. Waddington has gone on the record and said that there will be a lot of youth on the court at all times (I don't think we have a senior), but that the youth is showing signs of being really good.
        Eight returners from last year and nine newbees.

TT transfer looked good.

Comment

ASU started off 4-0, dropping two sets in four matches. Wish I could have been there but I am finding Oregon a great place to be in August. We are having to wear jackets during the day. Hopefully it will be warm for next Saturday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
            ASU started off 4-0, dropping two sets in four matches. Wish I could have been there but I am finding Oregon a great place to be in August. We are having to wear jackets during the day. Hopefully it will be warm for next Saturday's game.
            Lions start 3-1 with a top 25 win.

Comment

The Lady Buffs are 3-1, losing only to #10 Rockhurst.

Comment

Javelinas finished the ASU Tournament at 3 and 1. Not bad for what is expected to be a rebuilding year! As long as Coach Tonya Allen is at the helm, the Hoggies will always compete!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelina Alum View Post
                  Javelinas finished the ASU Tournament at 3 and 1. Not bad for what is expected to be a rebuilding year! As long as Coach Tonya Allen is at the helm, the Hoggies will always compete!
                  I was eating at local restaurant on Saturday with my family and the lady hogs were there. The entire team was very polite, not overly rambunctious, and were very well mannered. Feel confident in knowing that those ladies are representing the university well when they are on the road.

Comment

I was eating at local restaurant on Saturday with my family and the lady hogs were there. The entire team was very polite, not overly rambunctious, and were very well mannered. Feel confident in knowing that those ladies are representing the university well when they are on the road.
                    That's great to know ASURAM2010! Coach Allen recruits young ladies with Character and they win for her, she's already the most successful VBall coach in school history and she broke the record very quickly.

Comment

This week the Lady Lions have defeated the #s 2, 3, 10, and 16 teams in the country, including last years national champion. Also have 2 losses vs unranked opponents. We might be pretty good by the end of the year, ya think?

Comment

The LSC is going to be an absolute dog fight. WT looks to be pretty good again, Commerce is off to an incredible start, Tarleton is doing pretty good, Kingsville has a very talented squad, ASU is up and down trying to figure out where everyone goes. Should be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          This week the Lady Lions have defeated the #s 2, 3, 10, and 16 teams in the country, including last years national champion. Also have 2 losses vs unranked opponents. We might be pretty good by the end of the year, ya think?
                          What I think is that a team starting four freshmen kicked their butts tonight. ASU was a little discombobulated dropping sets 1&2, kicked butt in 3&4 and won set 5 without a lot of drama.

Comment

Originally posted by bleacher dweller View Post
                            What I think is that a team starting four freshmen kicked their butts tonight. ASU was a little discombobulated dropping sets 1&2, kicked butt in 3&4 and won set 5 without a lot of drama.
                            We were up 7-3 in the 5th set. Never should have let that get away. I suspect later in the season they will be able to clean that up.

Comment

The LSC is going to be an absolute dog fight. WT looks to be pretty good again, Commerce is off to an incredible start, Tarleton is doing pretty good, Kingsville has a very talented squad, ASU is up and down trying to figure out where everyone goes. Should be fun!
                              Looks like the same statement that could be made about football, save WT at this point. Put Midwestern in that sentence and it works the same.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X