Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT @ APU

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Don't forget everyone's favorite WT Coach Mike Nesbitt and his 2013 run. LOL
    Nesbitt is here in Arizona, won his opening game at new program Ottawa U in Surprise AZ. Oklahoma Panhandle St will be playing there in 2 weeks, I will be going to the game. Nesbitts club is part of the Sooner Conf NAIA. Ottawa built a nice campus and is playing in all sports, if growth goes as expected I could see them moving up to D2 in years to come.
    Nesbitt probably is as good as what WT has coaching now. Seems so long since my Buffs were in the D2 playoffs as we watch the Carthels lead Commerce.

Comment

I believe you are wrong I live next to Surprise in Peoria, and they play Oklahoma Panhandle st in Surprise, Im going to the game. Last nights came was standing room only be it the stadium only seats 1500 but its the first year.

Comment

Its a brand new school . All students are athletes they expect enrollment to be 4 to 5 k in 4 to 5 yrs. Great part of Arizona growing and I think they will do well.

Comment

I don't see Ottawa University Arizona moving up to D2 anytime soon, if ever. The mothership, Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas, is an NAIA school in the KCAC, the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. Ottawa University Arizona is a member of the Golden State Athletic Conference, with all members in California, except for this school, whose teams are known as the Spirit. Ottawa University Arizona is a member of the Sooner Athletic Conference in football, only. The GSAC does not have football, thus the affiliation with the SAC. D2 west of the Rockies is very spread out, with a larger footprint than other parts of the country but fewer schools. Travel would be a killer for the Spirit. From what I have read, I don't see them able to obtain the growth as rapidly as has been suggested in this thread. It takes time to build a school from basically scratch. It takes a lot of time and money to build facilities. It's like a business. A business can grow too fast and not be able to keep up with the growth, resulting in the business closing. I think Ottawa University understands that and will grow within their means.

Comment

Originally posted by The Librarian View Post
            Both teams looked like this was their first game and they both looked young....

APU's offense was typical for our OC. He was a former running back for us and thinks only in 5-10 yards. I would love to see him open it up, but it is against his nature. Our quarterback is capable of throwing a long ball, last night looked bad. Weston Carr, our pre-season all-american barely got the ball. Man, we need an OC with imagination and more than 10 plays in his playbook. Our OC also thinks, not about defeating his opponent, but just to perserve a win. Starting to run out the clock with 7 minutes left was stupid. Don't take your foot off the gas when you only lead by 10 and the other team can break one off. APU looked weak. That sucked.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X