Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarleton vs Delta State

SFA is a mess. Granted, they got their butts kicked by a top 25 FBS team. Conque basically got fired as HC and he was supposed to be SFA's savior, but ended up starting a dumpster fire. I expect SFA to win this game, but Tarleton should give them a good run until D-1 depth catches up.

If the old coaches' adage that teams make the most improvement from week 1 to week 2 is true, then SFA could be in trouble if TSU cleans up the penalties and executes their offense well. The defense looked fairly good against an otherwise athletic and talented senior QB for Delta State and only gave up the one touchdown in garbage time.

Finally, if the weather system in the Gulf moves into the Ark-La-Tex region, rain and weather could be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
      SFA is a mess. Granted, they got their butts kicked by a top 25 FBS team. Conque basically got fired as HC and he was supposed to be SFA's savior, but ended up starting a dumpster fire. I expect SFA to win this game, but Tarleton should give them a good run until D-1 depth catches up.

If the old coaches' adage that teams make the most improvement from week 1 to week 2 is true, then SFA could be in trouble if TSU cleans up the penalties and executes their offense well. The defense looked fairly good against an otherwise athletic and talented senior QB for Delta State and only gave up the one touchdown in garbage time.

Finally, if the weather system in the Gulf moves into the Ark-La-Tex region, rain and weather could be a factor.

Comment

Yes, "supposed to win" is always a tough proposition. I think most if not all of the SLC games will be on ESPN+ this year. Practically all of Sam Houston's games have been moved to the new platform. Not sure how that bodes for the universities. It's only fair that they get some of the scratch from the subscriptions, but that likely won't happen.

I'll probably tune in to both the SFA-TSU game as well as Sam-PV one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X