Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Maskill the enigma

Bill Maskill is the most successfull coach in the last 20 years in the LSC. Hands down.

.733 win percentage
    129-47 in his time at MSU
    4 conference championships
    8 years they made the playoffs

He is 8-6 vs the carthels, since 2009 he has only lost twice, once to colby as head coach.

The enigma part....

He has only ever won 2 playoff games, 1 in 2017, and 1 in 2011.

He is 2-8 in the playoffs, what gives how can he be so successfull in the LSC and utterly ineffective in the post season?

Im not trying to bash, its really odd that a guy who has had as much success as him has not had more success in the post season.

Seriously what is it that stops him from being one of the premier coaches in D2?

Opinions?
    Last edited by Boohaha; 08-29-2018, 02:38 PM. Reason: record vs carthels
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Re: Bill Maskill the enigma

Sounds just like Big Game Bob Stoops who used to coach that crooked program in Norman.

BTW, Hogsvrr loves Bill Maskill. He has an affectionate name he calls him.

Comment

I think that it truly is his own decision making and not his coordinators. His assistants put together great game plans and execute the original gameplans well. I think that it is when suggestions for adjustments and certain aspects of the game that he makes the final decision on is why there is not a couple more wins than loses on his playoff record.

Games that I know MSU should've won since 2011:
      Northwest Missouri - 1.) Took the wind in the 3rd instead of the 4th. Whoever had the during wind that game was scoring. Then bad luck, the kicker missed a field goal wide left with a strong left to right wind (A kick that he was almost automatic from).
      CSU - Pueblo - I truly think the team was not prepared for that type of chill and wind.

The games below we were just beat by the better team:
      MSU - Mankato
      UINDY
      Ferris State

Comment

Don lost 5 games vs current LSC members, 3 to MSU under Maskill and 2 to kingsville, Colby has lost 9 games, most of those came in the first couple seasons, but 5 are to Maskill and MSU.

One thing is for sure the man knows how to defend against the spread!
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

MSU defense does not match well against a Northern Run Team. We recruit smaller players to better defend against the Spread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X