Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eastern at Missouri s&t

Reminds me a little of 2016 when the Hounds traveled to Missouri to take on Southwest Baptist in the season opener. Got down 28-0 and gave up 600+ yards. ENMU went on to win 7 games that year so there is still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      i cant remember the last time eastern gave up that many yards rushing

Comment

Mesa will answer a lot of questions, they have some offensive weapons for sure.

Comment

I dont think so, Lee is as good a recruiter as lynn was, remember lee took over prior to signing day, so last years team did have some of Lees recruits on it, heck he is probably the biggest recruiter for the oline for the last 5 years.

It did not help that the offense screwed up and dropped a pitch on the very 1st play giving the Miners the ball at the hound 20.

We shall see how next week goes. Walton has produced some excellent defenses before, even at eastern, Lee has been running this offensive system for half a decade in portales. I dont think they are the problems.

ENMU is not the kind of team takent wise that they can easily give up 14 points early and overcome it. they have to play solid through out.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Also that RB from S&T is really good. My son reminded me he was featured on that show Last chance U, was a D1 kid, had to go juco after 1 year and could not qualify d1 after otherwise he would not have been at S&t.

Still its been 6 years or more since the hounds gave up over 200 yards rushing in a game.

Comment

I dont think its time to push the panic button yet although Easterns front half of the schedule is no joke.

Two thoughts:

The Hounds had a long road trip to a 7-4 Missouri S&T team that returned 18 starters including all the key components to their offensive that broke their scoring and total offense record last year.

A very intelligent and disciplined group of football players had all of fall camp to prepare for the flexbone instead of a single week.

I expect we will see a much better showing next week. However, with Mesa, Commerce, Kingsville, Midwestern, & Tarleton over the next 5 weeks its going to be a tall task. If the Hounds dont play better they arent going to win any of these. The scary thing is after looking at last nights scores the Hounds could play really well and still struggle through that slate.

Comment

I am more surprised that Eastern only put up 14 points and was shut out at halftime. Usually non conference schools struggle with the option offense that eastern runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Also that RB from S&T is really good. My son reminded me he was featured on that show Last chance U, was a D1 kid, had to go juco after 1 year and could not qualify d1 after otherwise he would not have been at S&t.

Still its been 6 years or more since the hounds gave up over 200 yards rushing in a game.
                  If you had lost to a team that was on a WT level from last year, I might panic. It's game one and they got beat by a good 2017 team. I'm sure they will rebound.

Is Dylan Weaver a starter on the O line? I remember him from a couple years back when he had a verbal commitment to play for Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                    If you had lost to a team that was on a WT level from last year, I might panic. It's game one and they got beat by a good 2017 team. I'm sure they will rebound.

Is Dylan Weaver a starter on the O line? I remember him from a couple years back when he had a verbal commitment to play for Tech.
                    he is on the 2 deep at Right tackle. Ortiz who is rs sophmore is starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      I am more surprised that Eastern only put up 14 points and was shut out at halftime. Usually non conference schools struggle with the option offense that eastern runs.
                      first game, they had last spring and all camp to prepare. 1st games are often hard for option teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X