• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPSU vs WTSU

I am thinking WT will win this one!

Re: OPSU vs WTSU

I do not, I will be picking OPSU.

"Sarcasm"
    Last edited by Casual_Observer; 09-03-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
      I do not, I will be picking OPSU.

"Sarcasm"
      Are you SURE it's sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        Are you SURE it's sarcasm?
        If OPSU would've won this last week then I probably would pick them.

Comment

I haven't figured out what OPSU has this year. Last weeks game was a bit crazy. Kickoff was at 6:00 p.m. Due to lightening, the game was halted at about 6:30, with a little over ten minutes left in the second quarter. Play resumed about 10:15 p.m. Half-time was for 5 minutes and the game ended around midnight. Hastings has a good team with a lot of size and they played a better second half than the Aggies did. OPSU absolutely killed themselves in the second half with fifteen yard penalties. At least one Aggie was ejected towards the end of the game. Sixteen penalties for 161 yards. It's nuts.

There were a lot of emotions and distractions leading into last Saturday's game. Hopefully the Aggies will settle down, now. Lot's of new shoes to fill due to graduation. The team needs to gel. Maybe this is the week.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            I am thinking WT will win this one!
            Hope so! Will be a long season if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
              Hope so! Will be a long season if they don't.
              Could still be a long one even if they win

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                Could still be a long one even if they win
                It could be the last WT win at Buffalo Bowl.

Comment

I'm going with WT 38 OPSU 7.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    I'm going with WT 38 OPSU 7.
                    So you are expecting 4 defensive touchdowns for WT? :wink:

I'm thinking more like 21-10.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      So you are expecting 4 defensive touchdowns for WT? :wink:

I'm thinking more like 21-10.
                      No. I think our, basically, totally new offensive unit will be much better this week. First game jitters should subside.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        No. I think our, basically, totally new offensive unit will be much better this week. First game jitters should subside.
                        Ours, too. We were pretty shaky last week. This was the first year in the history of OPSU football that there were no cattle pens at the west end of the field. A bunch of us went out and picked the rocks up off the field over the summer. It was hard on the team to play in that environment, with those improvements being made. They knew they needed to play well. Unfortunately, they didn't.

In summer of 2020 we hope to plant grass. Progress is being made.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                          Ours, too. We were pretty shaky last week. This was the first year in the history of OPSU football that there were no cattle pens at the west end of the field. A bunch of us went out and picked the rocks up off the field over the summer. It was hard on the team to play in that environment, with those improvements being made. They knew they needed to play well. Unfortunately, they didn't.

In summer of 2020 we hope to plant grass. Progress is being made.
                          Your coach stated there would be 6 starters available for the WT game that missed game 1. Any idea who they might be?

I'm thinking 1 will be the returning QB from last year

Comment

I have no idea who coach is talking about. The qb from last year graduated, but this year's qb is a senior with lots of playing time. He started a number of games over the last several years.

About last week's game, our stadium saw lots of changes since last year. Astroturf, video/scoreboard and more. The field was completed last Thursday, before the game on Saturday. I suspect all of the buildup and excitement may have worked against the Aggies. Plus the lightening delay may have thrown them off. Hastings came out fired up. They have some big boys. If they shrug it off the Aggies have the ability to play with WT.

Comment

The wife is a grad from OPSU! She says "GO AGGIES!" But, I say that WT will win rather easily!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X