Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Championship Football Game-Needs New Site

Last edited by BJ Hawk; 09-04-2018, 01:25 PM.

Re: D2 Championship Football Game-Needs New Site

Toyota Field in Frisco TX is s nice venue with plenty of hotels bars and cafes and nearby airports.

Comment

WTF?????

How funny would it be if Florence put in a bid?
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

How about the Tacoma Dome. No worries about weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
          How about the Tacoma Dome. No worries about weather.
          I seen a NAIA Championship there in the mid 80s. The largest wood dome in the US.... at least it was when I was stationed at Fort Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
            I seen a NAIA Championship there in the mid 80s. The largest wood dome in the US.... at least it was when I was stationed at Fort Lewis.
            Yep. And it took the place of Brick Breeden Fieldhouse in Bozeman.

Comment

The advantage of a Dallas area location is simple. Location, location location. Easy to fly in to. Frisco would be great. Whether you're flying from Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit, or KC you have lot's of options for air and accommodations.

Pretty easy for fans making last minute travel plans.
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-04-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                The advantage of a Dallas area location is simple. Location, location location. Easy to fly in to. Frisco would be great. Whether you're flying from Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit, or KC you have lot's of options for air and accommodations.

Frisco has hosted the FCS championship game for several years now. They do a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                  Frisco has hosted the FCS championship game for several years now. They do a great job.
                  It would be awesome if they could "help out the NCAA in a bind" and then just host it from now on.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Correct. Especially since airfares start creeping up thanks to the Holiday season around the Championship date, you can still get relatively last minute lower fares into Dallas on Southwest, Alaska, or Frontier compared to the traditional carriers like American or Delta. Probably lower than any of those cities you listed above, save Atlanta because it's a major hub like Dallas. KC isn't so much and neither is Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                      It would be awesome if they could "help out the NCAA in a bind" and then just host it from now on.
                      I still think a sub FBS football weekend would be cool. Get the 'ships done for FCS, DII and DIII all done in one weekend with the spotlight all to themselves. They currently play the FCS game during the lull between the playoff games in FBS and the Championship game and on a Friday if I am not mistaken. It would cut out the conflicts with graduations and other holiday functions that might keep fans of a particular school from making the trip and give them enough time to either make a drive or get reasonable rates on flights. The only draw back about Toyota Park in Frisco is the natural grass and in Dallas as in most part of Texas during that time of the year, you either have outstanding weather or it's yuck and muck and on average, the yuck and muck wins out. Could that field handle two or three games almost back to back to back?
                      Last edited by LSC Fan; 09-04-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I would think that The Star in Frisco would have enough seats to host. Seats about 12500 I think

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                          I would think that The Star in Frisco would have enough seats to host. Seats about 12500 I think
                          I think there should be some kind of outdoor element. No other team, to my knowledge, plays indoors at the D2 level.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                            I think there should be some kind of outdoor element. No other team, to my knowledge, plays indoors at the D2 level.
                            N. Michigan plays in the Superior Dome. A really neat facility.

Comment

Northern Michigan plays in the Superior Dome. I actually think it is the largest wooden dome now. To me, The Star would be most ideal. I hated seeing a national championship being played in a foot of snow a couple years back.

Leave the elements out of it to determine the best team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X